5/30/24: Princess to Introduce Exclusive "Premium Liquors"

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I think you’re pulling our leg, sir.  You made me smile this morning. 

No we actually do love him.  The person not the vodka

• Like 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

No we actually do love him.  The person not the vodka

I obviously guessed wrong, so sorry.   I hope you didn’t think I was being disrespectful!  I’m just surprised and rather intrigued. lol

6 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I obviously guessed wrong, so sorry.   I hope you didn’t think I was being disrespectful!  I’m just surprised and rather intrigued. lol

I do enjoy rap music and many other genres. He can also be very entertaining 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

I do enjoy rap music and many other genres. He can also be very entertaining 

I didn’t know you were so darn cool!  Love it!

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2024 at 10:16 AM, BamaVol said:

Because everything with a celebrity’s name on it is better. 🙄

Yep.  Here we go again.  Curtis Stone, anyone?  Tyra Banks?  What I'm wondering is the Pitbull vodka going to come in tiny bottles with the minibar? 😝

On 5/30/2024 at 10:49 AM, Lady Arwen said:

Original post second paragraph.  “ Included in the Princess Premier Package”.  I’m finding it difficult to get all worked up about Pitbull’s vodka!  Grey Goose suffices for me.  It will be tough to beat Whispering Angel, too!

I am so hoping there is Whispering Angel available on my upcoming cruise on the Enchanted in August. On my last Celebrity cruise in 2018 Whispering Angel was advertised but sold out for both legs of the cruise. I don't remember what I ordered instead but it was no substitute. 

• Like 1

Just now, wish_I_was_a_mermaid said:

I am so hoping there is Whispering Angel available on my upcoming cruise on the Enchanted in August. On my last Celebrity cruise in 2018 Whispering Angel was advertised but sold out for both legs of the cruise. I don't remember what I ordered instead but it was no substitute. 

I had it on Celebrity Ascent in January.  Will be sailing on Enchanted in August and counting on having it everyday! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kay S said:

Yep.  Here we go again.  Curtis Stone, anyone?  Tyra Banks?... 😝

Maybe they'll try Snoop Dog's Indoggo Gin? (It's smooth, just strawberry forward, not a versatile gin.)

I've got a feeling these will all go the way of Princess' SeaWitch IPA a decade back.

Edited by mtnesterz

Posted (edited)

There are countless "celebrity tequilas".  Some that come to mind:

• Cincoro from Michael Jordan and Jeannie Buss
  • 818 from Kendall Jenner
  • Teremana from Dwayne "Rock" Johnson
  • Casamigos from George Clooney
  • Dos Hombres from Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston
  • Santo from Sammy Hagar and Guy Fieri

Are any of these "Premium" brands that should be allocated space on the bar?

And the number of celebrities with their names attached to wines is far too long to list.  The number of such wines that are truly "Premium" or "Luxury" isn't very long at all.  If Princess wants to pay me a consulting fee, I would be happy to help them curate a list of such wines that they could be proud of and could honestly peddle as being "Premium".  But the inevitable problem here is that almost any wine that is truly "Premium" gets that reputation from being made in artisanal fashion, with hand-sorted grapes from impeccable sources by consulting winemakers who command high fees for their services.  A cruise line needs way more cases than can possibly be acquired.  An entire 400 case per year production could be swept up by Princess with nothing left for the consuming public.  And if the consuming public can't buy or drink the wine, it will never develop or sustain its reputation as a premium label.  And therein lies the paradox.  Try to find a "premium" or "luxury" wine that has a 20,000 case per year production.  Those can be counted on one hand.  After Phelps Insignia and First Growth Bordeaux, you start to run out of options.  Princess would do better looking to source solid, mid-level case production wines that are reliable and affordable and stop trying to pass celebrity plonk off as "luxury wine."  

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess would do better looking to source solid, mid-level case production wines that are reliable and affordable and stop trying to pass celebrity plonk off as "luxury wine."  

I don't think the marketing people will go for "solid, reliable and affordable" over "luxury."🤣

• Like 1

There was a fairly big deal about Conor McGregor and Proper 12 Irish Whiskey. It is not what I would consider a good Irish Whiskey by any means. (McGregor has since sold out and no longer owns the brand he founded.) Having some idiot celebrity's name associated with a liquor or a wine doesn't mean it's good stuff.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

There are countless "celebrity tequilas".  Some that come to mind:

• Cincoro from Michael Jordan and Jeannie Buss
  • 818 from Kendall Jenner
  • Teremana from Dwayne "Rock" Johnson
  • Casamigos from George Clooney
  • Dos Hombres from Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston
  • Santo from Sammy Hagar and Guy Fieri

Are any of these "Premium" brands that should be allocated space on the bar?

And the number of celebrities with their names attached to wines is far too long to list.  The number of such wines that are truly "Premium" or "Luxury" isn't very long at all.  If Princess wants to pay me a consulting fee, I would be happy to help them curate a list of such wines that they could be proud of and could honestly peddle as being "Premium".  But the inevitable problem here is that almost any wine that is truly "Premium" gets that reputation from being made in artisanal fashion, with hand-sorted grapes from impeccable sources by consulting winemakers who command high fees for their services.  A cruise line needs way more cases than can possibly be acquired.  An entire 400 case per year production could be swept up by Princess with nothing left for the consuming public.  And if the consuming public can't buy or drink the wine, it will never develop or sustain its reputation as a premium label.  And therein lies the paradox.  Try to find a "premium" or "luxury" wine that has a 20,000 case per year production.  Those can be counted on one hand.  After Phelps Insignia and First Growth Bordeaux, you start to run out of options.  Princess would do better looking to source solid, mid-level case production wines that are reliable and affordable and stop trying to pass celebrity plonk off as "luxury wine."  

Jimmy, I am so darn impressed with your knowledge of wines!  I certainly know who to ask if  need help choosing.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1