6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We actually have a box in the basement and a smaller box under the kitchen island of mini gin bottles, and they are all at least three years old and, in fact, starting to evaporate in the bottles. 

Did you ever notice that only the gin evaporates. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Trading out the minibar for something else has become a problem, too.  (Maybe it's just me, but it has taken three phone calls to get that accomplished since covid.)

On our April cruise it took the same number of calls & 3 days before our minibar exchange was made…same thing for our TA’s gift of sailaway chocolate covered strawberries. 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

And "biggest" is quickly becoming synonymous with "only".

They even removed the elite 1 day early booking option to be replaced by a 7 day period for any Captain’s Circle member. That elite benefit cost Princess nothing and they still eliminated it…it’s not a cost savings change but is another downgrade in the elite benefits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

They even removed the elite 1 day early booking option to be replaced by a 7 day period for any Captain’s Circle member. That elite benefit cost Princess nothing and they still eliminated it…it’s not a cost savings change but is another downgrade in the elite benefits.

Not being Elite yet myself, I missed this.  Though I do know that I was able to book a Europe 2026 cruise on the first day they were available, ahead of the masses.  Didn't meant that much as the cruise I selected is still wide open.  But for something unique like the Eclipse 2026 cruise, one extra day would have meant a lot.  

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When did they eliminate that benefit? Why?

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When did they eliminate that benefit? Why?

Eliminated it a month or two ago.

Why??? I cannot think of any logical reason why Padgett made this change because there’s no financial benefit for Princess…it’s just another step in diluting the elite level benefits.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

But for something unique like the Eclipse 2026 cruise, one extra day would have meant a lot.

That 1 day early benefit was a big help when booking our April 2024 TSE cruise which even on that day our preferred type of cabin’s inventory rapidly decreased…nearly 2 years in advance! It was the same thing for the very popular twice yearly around Australia cruises…within a month of opening it was soldout nearly 2 years in advance.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Change out the liquors you don’t drink for something you do and pour what you don’t use into empty water bottles and pack carefully yo take home. We change out everything vodka and then take the so so vodka home to use in Bloody Mary drinks

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I must be missing something… Why would you open the little liquor bottles and pour them into a water bottle?

I also don't understand trading 8 small,, sealed bottles that can fit in little empty spaces around the suitcase for one unsealed larger bottle.

(Or even 32 small sealed bottles for 4 unsealed larger (leakier) ones.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chamima said:

I also don't understand trading 8 small,, sealed bottles that can fit in little empty spaces around the suitcase for one unsealed larger bottle.

(Or even 32 small sealed bottles for 4 unsealed larger (leakier) ones.)

Some bottles are glass don’t want breakage and just easier in my opinion

I have been reading about the decline and watered down benefits in high tier categories every time something is added to enhance the experience of a first time or not so traveled passenger since I joined Cruise Critic in 2008. Princess isn't unique to this. It's the same on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and any other line that has a so called "Loyalty Program".  It's always the same people who feel slighted. Why should the cruise line bend over backwards for a group of people who continue to book over and over again. They have you where they want you. You choose to put your eggs all in one basket and now you are stuck just to so you can get your knickers washed. If things are so great for newbies become one on another line. The only thing the cruise line owes you is the experience you paid for and if that's not up to par then stop hanging on until the next cut. The cruise lines love new cruisers. They have no clue how things used to be 30yrs ago. Everything is new to them and wonderful.  After reading this thread I don't know why people would jump through hoops and spend extra money to reach the top for some free laundry and a bar set up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@Iamcruzin you seem like you know about the various loyalty programs. Doesn’t Royal Caribbean’s loyalty program give them four or five beverages per day, with or without alcohol in them, once they hit a certain level? I would love it if Princess did that. 

Yes the Crown and Anchor Society  Diamond, Diamond plus and Pinnacle Club.  They get   4, 5 and 6 drinks a day depending on your status that you can have throughout the course of the day any place on the ship. They also have separate lounges where they can go between certain hours if they don't want to drink at the bars. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean just started to match all levels between lines. The Celebrity board is all twisted about the Pinnacles from Royal crowding out the Celebrity Zenith in the Retreat lounge. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have a lot of hoops to jump through and it's a lot about nothing. If you buy the drink and Wifi Package there isn't really anything I consider of value. There are extra discounts that only encourage you to spend money. We are past buying pictures, trinkets and tee shirts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been reading about the decline and watered down benefits in high tier categories every time something is added to enhance the experience of a first time or not so traveled passenger since I joined Cruise Critic in 2008. Princess isn't unique to this. It's the same on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and any other line that has a so called "Loyalty Program".  It's always the same people who feel slighted. Why should the cruise line bend over backwards for a group of people who continue to book over and over again. They have you where they want you. You choose to put your eggs all in one basket and now you are stuck just to so you can get your knickers washed. If things are so great for newbies become one on another line. The only thing the cruise line owes you is the experience you paid for and if that's not up to par then stop hanging on until the next cut. The cruise lines love new cruisers. They have no clue how things used to be 30yrs ago. Everything is new to them and wonderful.  After reading this thread I don't know why people would jump through hoops and spend extra money to reach the top for some free laundry and a bar set up. 

The only thing I disagree with you on is your 30-year comment - it is more like 10 years:

We used to frequent Las Vegas with Caesars tier status. We were never gambling much but we still were given free flights, rooms, and comps for food. We would get lounge access. Then around 2015 or so the lounges started going away, the free flights were going away. They started "resort fees" and said that exempting you from this junk fee was a "benefit". Our last trip was 2016. Nowadays, Las Vegas is very expensive. Only high rollers get perks. The Caesars lounges are closed. However, they are showing record profits because the kids (under 40 crowd) now swarm this area like its South Beach and will pay for the high priced, hotels, restaurants, and clubs. They don't know or care that the prices have tripled over the last decade or so. 

We now are cruising because we find it economical compared to land trips. And now I am the one that doesn't care what the benefits or prices were 10 years ago - as long as it appears reasonable to me. When it doesn't, I will move on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, slidemaster5 said:

The only thing I disagree with you on is your 30-year comment - it is more like 10 years:

We used to frequent Las Vegas with Caesars tier status. We were never gambling much but we still were given free flights, rooms, and comps for food. We would get lounge access. Then around 2015 or so the lounges started going away, the free flights were going away. They started "resort fees" and said that exempting you from this junk fee was a "benefit". Our last trip was 2016. Nowadays, Las Vegas is very expensive. Only high rollers get perks. The Caesars lounges are closed. However, they are showing record profits because the kids (under 40 crowd) now swarm this area like its South Beach and will pay for the high priced, hotels, restaurants, and clubs. They don't know or care that the prices have tripled over the last decade or so. 

We now are cruising because we find it economical compared to land trips. And now I am the one that doesn't care what the benefits or prices were 10 years ago - as long as it appears reasonable to me. When it doesn't, I will move on.

I was referring to the service, presentation and food quality 30 years ago.  Not the loyalty programs. My first Princess cruise the line was owned by P&O. No rewards programs back then. I had to prove I sailed with them to have the credit added to the current CCL Princess.

On 6/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, LACruiser88 said:

The below is also on the promotion's FAQ's...

Guests sailing on any Princess cruise that departs between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 who add the Princess Plus package OR the Princess Premier package to their booking.  The Princess Plus or Princess Premier package must be added to the booking at least 2 days prior to embarkation day.  All guests, (this includes all U.S. and all non-U.S. resident guests) who meet these criteria are eligible.

For anyone wanting to read all of the FAQ's associated with this promotion, link below...

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/double-the-love

Do you know if this double points thing applies to cruises already booked and paid for?  We sail in Oct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Do you know if this double points thing applies to cruises already booked and paid for?  We sail in Oct.

3 minutes ago, 555 said:

It doesn't indicate that it doesn't apply. 

It wouldn't hurt to download and print (or screenshot) that FAQ right now in case it gets changed.

3 hours ago, chamima said:

It wouldn't hurt to download and print (or screenshot) that FAQ right now in case it gets changed.

Since it's on the Princess web site what good would it do if they changed their minds? They can change their rules any time they want. Remember the loyalty credit or the coffee cards or the unlimited specialty restaurants. 

Lets not forget the free elite internet minutes.

Edited by 555

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’d be even happier if they upgraded us from the plus to the premier package for $10 a day pp. 

This is an excellent idea. And it encourages well traveled Elites, who, if some here are to be believed, don’t spend money on anything extra on a cruise, to do so. In fact, if Princess ever wanted to add higher loyalty levels (yes, I know, they don’t), they could make the upgrade for free for those above 1000 days or so. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Just for giggles I would call a few times just to see how many different answers you will get. The general rule is to keep calling until you get the answer you want to hear.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, beltsbear said:

Ouch.  Just booked an 18 day on December 18'th.  So I guess I don't get that one doubled.  

They don't have trouble filling the ships for holiday cruises. This promo is to fill ships during the shoulder season that usually has price cuts so this is a way to generate revenue without costing them money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1