Celebrity Beyond - Veranda Stateroom - Is the sofa movable?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, pdiazduran said:

Well, being some feet away has helped in the past. But besides all the comments, tips and opinions, I would really appreciate it if somebody could answer the original question on wether or not the sofa is movable. 

While I can't answer with certainty, I'm going to suggest that it probably cannot be moved as typically furniture pieces are locked or bolted in place to keep passengers from moving pieces to the veranda (or elsewhere in the stateroom where it is not planned to be) and to prevent sofas, as example, as large and likely heavy pieces of furniture, from moving in heavy seas where they could pose a damage or injury risk.  I'm sure its meant to stay where it is.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Well, being some feet away has helped in the past. But besides all the comments, tips and opinions, I would really appreciate it if somebody could answer the original question on wether or not the sofa is movable. 

an easier solution - Separate the beds, leave the bed nearest to the bathroom in position. Take the mattress off the second bed and lay it on the floor next to the drop down window (I refuse to call it a balcony). Your sleeping arrangements are now as far away from each other as possible.

Store the chairs from the window on the bed without the mattress. Tell the cabin steward that you will make up the bedding on the mattress on the floor - possibly give him/her a note to show the supervisor as otherwise they will be in trouble. Sleep dreams. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.13e30241078e24a2576a0f01f3b8d79c.png

@the penguins has really solved your issue.  So we have established from your floor plan that you are booked in an infinite “verandah” and one of you snores.  Now close the folding doors and there are two separate sleeping compartments.  Another interesting read.  The things you learn on Cruise Critic.🤓
But does the cabin creak?😩

That would be of greater concern to me.  
Have a restful cruise!😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Pretend its a camping trip and sleep near the window on the floor.

Unfortunately solo cabins are not available, plus they would be almost twice the price if they were. We don´t mind moving the pieces of furniture ourselves and leaving them in the original layout when we leave, but I need to know if they are free standing. 

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.13e30241078e24a2576a0f01f3b8d79c.png

Edited by awhcruiser

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

an easier solution - Separate the beds, leave the bed nearest to the bathroom in position. Take the mattress off the second bed and lay it on the floor next to the drop down window (I refuse to call it a balcony). Your sleeping arrangements are now as far away from each other as possible.

Store the chairs from the window on the bed without the mattress. Tell the cabin steward that you will make up the bedding on the mattress on the floor - possibly give him/her a note to show the supervisor as otherwise they will be in trouble. Sleep dreams. 

and give them a $1000 tip

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Thank you all! The idea of moving the mattress to the ¨balcony¨ is a pretty good one!

As long as someone is fine with having to get down to the floor level and the support being the floor... I'd hope that person gets to pay a little less than half the bill since they aren't getting the complete bed experience.

floors in the inf balc are not carpeted...hard surface  not sure of the area size  with the bi fold doors closed

this might be an interesting  question for the forum with the X pres

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

floors in the inf balc are not carpeted...hard surface  not sure of the area size  with the bi fold doors closed

this might be an interesting  question for the forum with the X pres

i never suggested closing the bi fold doors as I assumed the mattress would be to wide.

This has been one of the best post topics since the "invisible dog" took over the Roll Call on one of our Transatlantics.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:35 PM, pdiazduran said:

Hi, 

I would probably want to tweak the layout of the beds in the stateroom, to allow for as much distance as possible between both passengers. Space and dimensions are not an issue and I can do that myself, but I just need to know if the sofa is locked to the wall/floor or if it is free standing and can be moved. 

If the sofa is locked, would it be easy to remove with a basic set of tools? 

Thanks!

Generally, they can and will split the beds into two twins.  Also generally, the furniture tends to be quite heavy as they don't want it moving around in rough seas.  Furniture is generally attached as with built-ins or specifically sized for a specific configuration. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 12:45 PM, RichYak said:

Today I learned that rearranging the furniture can stop someone from snoring. Amazing.

Maybe if you put the couch on top of that someone.

• Haha 4

On 7/16/2024 at 8:18 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So much this! 

I cannot imagine traveling with - let alone sharing a cabin with - someone I needed “as much physical distance as possible” from. Like, why?? Just go solo!

You probably don't have a loud snorer as a partner or cabin mate.   That is the main reason I book a two room suite with a door.    The option of an extra cabin would be an option if traveling in anything below a CS.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You probably don't have a loud snorer as a partner or cabin mate.   That is the main reason I book a two room suite with a door.    The option of an extra cabin would be an option if traveling in anything below a CS.   

To be fair, it was after this that the OP revealed that it was due to snoring. When I read someone needing "as much physical distance as possible" my brain doesn't go to snoring. It goes to physical safety.