Find Laura’s Answers

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Is it just me or has anyone found anything informative in the questions and answers???

Yes -- Thankfully Celebrity is not changing the Elite Happy Hour to drink coupons like on Royal.

• Like 1

I'll be very interested to see if the question (with its several +1 sorts of comments all with a very large number of up-votes) regarding rules for pax and the corresponding rules of engagement by crew/staff/officers is answered.  This question lands square in the middle of one of the touchiest subjects, and will undoubtedly prove to be the most difficult to answer honestly and directly.  Let's see how the wordsmiths do with it. I don't find it at all surprising that it wasn't one that was answered quickly.

I personally think this whole situation has been awful and not at all helpful.  The moderator of this forum or the person that controls the Laura Forum filtered the posts, did not allow most of them to be posted.  Perfect example is the subject called “balcony comfort”. Oh, please!  I understand that this forum exists because it is funded by the cruise lines.  But, don’t put something out there and promote it as “ask Laura” and then filter what you actually allow to be posted.  That is exactly what has happened.  Let;s see how long this post lasts!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

I personally think this whole situation has been awful and not at all helpful.  The moderator of this forum or the person that controls the Laura Forum filtered the posts, did not allow most of them to be posted.  Perfect example is the subject called “balcony comfort”. Oh, please!  I understand that this forum exists because it is funded by the cruise lines.  But, don’t put something out there and promote it as “ask Laura” and then filter what you actually allow to be posted.  That is exactly what has happened.  Let;s see how long this post lasts!

I believe the threads have been merged , as there no need for multiple questions on the same topic 

What makes you think this forum exists because of funding from the cruise lines 🤬, it is owned by Tripadvisor 

• Like 2

TripAdvisor is funded by various travel vendors or by promoting them. This is isn’t a not- for-profit independent company.  While topics have been merged, the issues have been dramatically watered down in many instances.  No need for multiple questions on the same topic, but there are multiple issues and important feedback on the same topic that was simply ignored.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

The moderator of this forum or the person that controls the Laura Forum filtered the posts, did not allow most of them to be posted.  

Where did you see any post deleted or "filtered' as you said.?  There were some that were logically combined because they were essentially duplicates of other questions but I do not think any were deleted by CC.  

From the beginning I believe we were told that the possibility existed for not all of the questions to be answered and I could be wrong, but I believe more answers are coming tomorrow and over the next few days. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

I had two posts that were moved to a different topic supposidly. They were long but not in any way offensive. They never made it to the topic such as “balcony comfort”

No idea what to tell you.  I have a suspicion that the questions that had mutliple comments like the one on that subject will be answered later.  As to your specific post, I would suggest you contact @LauraS and see if she can provide you with an answer. 

35 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

She could be a politician.  She will answer the question without answering the full question.

Any President/CEO level executive is a politician and they have to be.  

She gave very few definitive answers to most of the questions.  

I hope more answers to more questions are forthcoming.  

12 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I had two posts that were moved to a different topic supposidly. They were long but not in any way offensive. They never made it to the topic such as “balcony comfort”

Ok so your questions were not answered yet.  Nothing needs to be implied by that- except they were not answered yet.  Or were merged.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes -- Thankfully Celebrity is not changing the Elite Happy Hour to drink coupons like on Royal.

@DaKahuna.  Differing opinions and maybe needs?.  I would much rather have the drink coupons like on RCCL.  Much more flexible to my needs anyway.  They can be used all day - and night.  We get 5 each as D+ and that is sufficient for us anyway.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I came looking for the same answer. How will we find which questions have been answered by madame president? Will they be stickied to the top of the thread? Highlighted in some way? I’d rather not have to keep checking back when I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. 

i am still looking for link to answers!

This is how these things go. It’s the same as corporate America round table, townhalls, whatever they call them. Cringy unanswerable questions get vague responses. Executives are not going to engage in an argument with a customer, employee, whoever to defend an answer to a question that is overtly negatively.  You can submit your feedback about your footstools but don’t expect a response. Decisions are made with a purpose. 

14 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

So are you saying they are completely gone now?  My understanding is that they are just being moved.  

58 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

This is how these things go. It’s the same as corporate America round table, townhalls, whatever they call them. Cringy unanswerable questions get vague responses. Executives are not going to engage in an argument with a customer, employee, whoever to defend an answer to a question that is overtly negatively.  You can submit your feedback about your footstools but don’t expect a response. Decisions are made with a purpose. 

And when all is said and done, the purpose of the decisions is about money.  End of story.  But there remain some things that just don't make sense, such as the reasons we are given.  I wrote the "balcony comfort" question.  One big point that doesn't make sense - if loungers were removed for "safety", which is what we were told, then why do some cabins on the newest Royal ships have them?  I'm not expecting an answer and doubt I will get one.  Chances are there was some kind of specific lawsuit related to them that affected Celebrity only.  But we'll never know.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Just click directly on the link just above her picture.  The Q's that she answered have been pinned by the CC staff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

@DaKahuna.  Differing opinions and maybe needs?.  I would much rather have the drink coupons like on RCCL.  Much more flexible to my needs anyway.  They can be used all day - and night.  We get 5 each as D+ and that is sufficient for us anyway.

I understand and we are Diamond + as well as Elite + and yes, the RCCL is more flexible but before we started sailing in the Retreat exclusively, we attended the CC Happy Hour socials in the Sky View Lounge and enjoyed meeting and talking with fellow CC members in that forum.  Since it is making a comback, I feel that the opportunity to get together with like minded cruisers in a social forum outweighs the convenince of having drinks at any given bar, at any given time in isolation.  The one thing I do think should be changed is the ability to get the CC HH drinks in the dining rooms.  Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with Celebrity's way of doing it and am glad to hear that it is not changing. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

At the top of the page the link takes you to the questions - you will see Laura's name as last responder on many of them.  Of course if people have commented then you cannot tell which ones she has answered and which ones she has not without reading them. 

6 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

And when all is said and done, the purpose of the decisions is about money.  End of story.  But there remain some things that just don't make sense, such as the reasons we are given.  I wrote the "balcony comfort" question.  One big point that doesn't make sense - if loungers were removed for "safety", which is what we were told, then why do some cabins on the newest Royal ships have them?  I'm not expecting an answer and doubt I will get one.  Chances are there was some kind of specific lawsuit related to them that affected Celebrity only.  But we'll never know.

As I stated and posted pictures to prove, we had loungers on our Sky Suite balcony on the Millennium in May.  Millennium is certainly not one of the newest ships.  

She has not answered the questions concerning the loungers yet and there were quite a few comments on them.  I went looking for the thread that was in the main Celebrity area last night and it seems to have disappeared.  Hopefully, an answer will be forthcoming.  

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Just click directly on the link just above her picture.  The Q's that she answered have been pinned by the CC staff.

thanks.. will try

23 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

According to her bio, most of her career has been in Shared Services and Product Development. Which she even mentions herself here. I assume people do not understand what Shared Services means. Then double whammy, product development for Royal Amplified and Coco Cay is #2. She's not leaving Celebrity just the way it was.