Glitch with medallion shipping strikes again...

kstrittm

36 minutes ago, PaulS said:

We sail in about 10 days. There was never any tracking information for our medallions, but they arrived today. The App says it is too close to the cruise to order them and to pick them up at the terminal. As long as we have the medallions can we use the green lane at the terminal even if the App says we do not have them?

Check your app boarding pass. If it show green lane your medallions are on their way regardless of any email you have or don’t have

On 7/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, kstrittm said:

There was an order history until today.  Now there is none because the system thinks I didn't order the medallions.  

I wouldn't conflate things the app shows and the actual Princess system.

Fortunately I received mine eight days after I received email stating it had shipped. Now the only thing I’m stressing about is getting to Seattle after all this global IT mess that’s messing up airlines…I leave for Seattle Aug 2nd (fingers crossed…wish me luck!)

19 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s the response I get for my September 2 Alaska Cruise. The tip about the batteries makes sense. 

IMG_0235.jpeg

Email I received read they will ship 10to30 days before cruise date and will email you when it ships. 

I just got an email confirming that they were shipped but since we're in Canada and sailing a in 10 days, I'm not holding my breath that we'll get them before we leave. They didn't provide a tracking number, so I can't even try to track them.

• Like 1

I received my medallions on Tuesday without any prior notification. Today, I received an email saying that they had been shipped. I looked on the app and it still says it is too late to order them and that I have to pick them up at the pier. Their IT department must be a mess!

• Thanks 1

We got our medallions a few days ago for our July 31 cruise and lo and behold this morning I got an email telling me that they are being shipped now Ha Ha

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:08 AM, kstrittm said:

Heads up, people...  even if you order your medallions far in advance and request shipping to your home, you may not actually receive them.  This is the 2nd time it has happened to me, and I live in a large urban area.  I placed the order months in advance.  When periodically checking the app, I received a message stating that the medallions were "not yet shipped".  I sail on August 4.  Yesterday the app said "not yet shipped", but today it told me to order my medallions.  Of course, when I attempted to do that, I received a message stating that my departure date is too near. So I'll need to pick them up at the port in Seattle. Somehow that crazy system lost the order or simply failed to fulfill the order.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with Princess's logistics system, but they can't seem to get it right.  Either improve the mailing process or just don't offer it, please...  

Update to this post…. The app still shows that I never ordered Medallions.  I received the medallions yesterday (no notification emails from Princess).  Then, this morning I received an email stating that the medallions would be mailed.  So, yes, I was absolutely correct when I said it was a glitch!  There’s a programmer who needs some watching after, for sure!  That system is all messed up.  But, I have the medallions and I’m a happy camper.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 10:47 AM, JamieLogical said:

They can't be shipped that early because they have batteries that power them and those batteries don't last that long. I have heard many reports of people on longer sailings having their batteries die on them partway through their cruise.

LOL! I've had mine go dead *before* I even was able to scan in upon embarkation!  Had to go straight to GS.

On 7/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, kstrittm said:

Update to this post…. The app still shows that I never ordered Medallions.  I received the medallions yesterday (no notification emails from Princess).  Then, this morning I received an email stating that the medallions would be mailed.  So, yes, I was absolutely correct when I said it was a glitch!  There’s a programmer who needs some watching after, for sure!  That system is all messed up.  But, I have the medallions and I’m a happy camper.  

Basically the same thing happened to me...but as I was reading that it was "too late" to order medallions...I was holding them in my hand, having received them that same day!  Don't put too much faith in either the ordering system or USPS!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 12:23 PM, PaulS said:

We sail in about 10 days. There was never any tracking information for our medallions, but they arrived today. The App says it is too close to the cruise to order them and to pick them up at the terminal. As long as we have the medallions can we use the green lane at the terminal even if the App says we do not have them?

We sail very soon.  I have tried for 6 weeks to straighten out a problem with the app saying I need to order them after I already did in May.  So darn frustrating.   They said they are mailing but app says as of yesterday I need to pick them up at the port.  Five out of six people in the Phillipines don't seem to understand what I am even talking about. Worst case scenario we stand in another long line at SF terminal I guess.  It is crazy enough there that I was hoping to avoid that.   Yes Paul your medallions will work for green lane at least ours always have.  Happy Sailing!

Edited by Cruisintimer

On 7/26/2024 at 1:12 PM, kstrittm said:

Dealing with the EXACT same stuff right now but still no medallions.  

On 7/25/2024 at 8:08 AM, PaulS said:

I received my medallions on Tuesday without any prior notification. Today, I received an email saying that they had been shipped. I looked on the app and it still says it is too late to order them and that I have to pick them up at the pier. Their IT department must be a mess!

You are correct their IT department is basically non existent.   One rep told me awhile back they didn't have one...go figure.  

On 7/25/2024 at 11:17 AM, memoak said:

We got our medallions a few days ago for our July 31 cruise and lo and behold this morning I got an email telling me that they are being shipped now Ha Ha

Same here. But I must say that I received the medallion just 2 days after the first notification email.

We had our medallions set for port pick up. I had previously seen that they had been ordered. All of a sudden the APP said that I had not ordered them, if I tried it was too late (close to sailing). However, I ordered accessories so the credit card was charged and if I log into the app via the web version, it says they will be picked up at port, which is what we wanted. 

It's confusing. and annoying

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jennybenny said:

We had our medallions set for port pick up. I had previously seen that they had been ordered. All of a sudden the APP said that I had not ordered them, if I tried it was too late (close to sailing). However, I ordered accessories so the credit card was charged and if I log into the app via the web version, it says they will be picked up at port, which is what we wanted. 

It's confusing. and annoying

I was under the impression your credit card does not get charged until they actually process the order for shipping a few weeks before sailing?

This is when you should received the email, your medallion is on the way, kinda,  as it really is the order processed confirmation which also shows any charges.

Sometimes is get a follow up email with tracking number. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I was under the impression your credit card does not get charged until they actually process the order for shipping a few weeks before sailing?

This is when you should received the email, your medallion is on the way, kinda,  as it really is the order processed confirmation which also shows any charges.

Sometimes is get a follow up email with tracking number. 

Correct. I never got an email that it was on the way. It's going to be at the port. It's about when I should be charged. 

Edited by jennybenny

13 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

We sail very soon.  I have tried for 6 weeks to straighten out a problem with the app saying I need to order them after I already did in May.  So darn frustrating.   They said they are mailing but app says as of yesterday I need to pick them up at the port.  Five out of six people in the Phillipines don't seem to understand what I am even talking about. Worst case scenario we stand in another long line at SF terminal I guess.  It is crazy enough there that I was hoping to avoid that.   Yes Paul your medallions will work for green lane at least ours always have.  Happy Sailing!

I have never stood in a long line at pier 27 in San Francisco.  I’m usually there btw 9-9:30 am & am usually one of the 1st group to be let inside. Just have a printout that shows you’re book on that cruise. 

If you come later in the day their could be a long line but my way avoids that & I’m on the ship before most people which means I avoid the crowds. Even in another port I’m always there extra early. 

My cruise on September 2 will be my 38th cruise on Princess. 

Tom😀

On 7/22/2024 at 2:08 PM, kstrittm said:

Yesterday the app said "not yet shipped", but today it told me to order my medallions.  Of course, when I attempted to do that, I received a message stating that my departure date is too near. So I'll need to pick them up at the port in Seattle. Somehow that crazy system lost the order or simply failed to fulfill the order.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with Princess's logistics system, but they can't seem to get it right.  Either improve the mailing process or just don't offer it, please...  

This just happened to me today 😡 -- we sail 8/11/24.

On 7/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, kstrittm said:

Hopefully ours will mysteriously show up as yours did 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

I have never stood in a long line at pier 27 in San Francisco.  I’m usually there btw 9-9:30 am & am usually one of the 1st group to be let inside. Just have a printout that shows you’re book on that cruise. 

If you come later in the day their could be a long line but my way avoids that & I’m on the ship before most people which means I avoid the crowds. Even in another port I’m always there extra early. 

Tom😀

We have always waited until after 1:30 and never have seen a line. We let people line up and sit across the street having a cold beer. When the line goes away we go over to the terminal 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

This just happened to me today 😡 -- we sail 8/11/24.

Hopefully ours will mysteriously show up as yours did 😁

Do you have USPS Informed Delivery. If so and they were going to "mysteriously show up" before the 11th, you would probably see tracking information for them by now.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

This will be my 5th Alaska cruise in 12 months out of S.F. and yes my experience has been different Tom.  Glad to hear you haven't had to wait, nonetheless I have.

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Do you have USPS Informed Delivery. If so and they were going to "mysteriously show up" before the 11th, you would probably see tracking information for them by now.

I do have Informed Delivery and it does not show any package information.  Of course, I also have some meds that have been shipped that aren't showing up on ID as well.  Go figure!! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1