Has anyone had a luck requesting a mid-ship room when checking in (at terminal)?

V_V

Has anyone had any luck requesting a different room during check-in?

Our room is at the front of the ship. While it is not a deal breaker, I am curious if anyone has had any luck requesting a mid-ship room while checking in at the terminal?

Less movement in center, rooms priced higher there, agree, it's likely never going to happen.

But if you are TBD on room # and have an chronic condition, put it down.

Took cruise in 2018 and was TBD. For some reason their system assigned me a handicapped room at center of ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V_V said:

Our room is at the front of the ship. While it is not a deal breaker, I am curious if anyone has had any luck requesting a mid-ship room while checking in at the terminal?

The ships sail full, by the time you get to the pier there will be no room to switch you to. If you want to switch rooms, call Carnival or your TA and ask about switching now.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

The people checking you in wouldn't have the information or the authority. Their job is to get thousands of people checked in.

Also, they don’t even work for Carnival.  They work for an outside firm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Normally, the ship is fully sold out on embarkation day.  But there can be last minute cancellations, and people who miss the ship for whatever reason. 

Once, I had booked an unobstructed view balcony cabin.  When I boarded, the cabin was what I called "partially obstructed" and I complained at Guest Services.  I was told to check back with Guest Services an hour after sail away, by which time they would know of any passenger "no-shows".  

Three balcony cabins had not been occupied [last minute no-shows or up-grades], and we were re-assigned.  But it took until after dinner to get the re-assignment.  So we were homeless for the first day, could not unpack and settle in.  Checking back with Guest Services almost every hour, unable to relax, unable to settle in, unable to change my clothes, etc., it was not fun!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, V_V said:

If room location is key to your experience, booking early rather than waiting for a minute chance of a cancellation is always the way to go.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4

Our cabin was high up at the front, deck 14, and I loved it up there. We went to Bermuda, which is out in the open ocean and although we skirted a storm on the way back and had some rough seas, there was no issue with movement. Depends also on how sensitive you are. But yeah, if you think it will be a problem, take care of it as soon as possible, not waiting until you get to the ship. And be prepared to pay more for it.