Do you dress for Lobster?

livsea2

I am wondering how many people dress for formal night because that is the night they serve the best food. Be it lobster, beef wellington, Filet mignon, pick your favorite. I for one would skip formal night if they served lobster in the buffet restauarant.

I really don't want this to be a formal dress debate there are enough of them already. Please just answer the question, is the only reason you dress for formal night is because of the menu? For me the answer is YES!

This subject has been debated till the cows came home. Formal night is not based on the menue. It is a special night The majority of the people dress up. It does not have to be a long gown or tux, a nice cocktail dress and suit would be just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

True, they do, but it is NOT the cold water lobster tails that you get in the dining room. I did not care for it at all. And yes, I will admit, the lobster tails are a good incentive for me to dress up and go to the formal dining room. Karen

quote=Suzanne123]Livsea2 - They do indeed serve lobster in the (casual dress) Cafe Caribe on the Caribbean Princess. Enjoy!

If Princess offered a casual dining room with the same menu as the regular dining rooms, we would never bring the formal clothes. However, whatever the dining room guidlines for dress are, we comply. I guess my answer is yes, we do dress for lobster, filet mignon and whatever else is being served. :)

While I will always comply with the dress suggestions, and dress formally on formal night, I too would choose the casual dining room if they had the same menu. Karen

If Princess offered a casual dining room with the same menu as the regular dining rooms, we would never bring the formal clothes. However, whatever the dining room guidlines for dress are, we comply. I guess my answer is yes, we do dress for lobster, filet mignon and whatever else is being served. :)

OK, I will qualify this for you, (although I know you are pulling my leg here) the lobster that is served in the dining room is from Maine (cold water). Lobster taken from southern waters is not quite the same. :p

If I were a Maine lobster I would high tail it out of Maine

Our first cruise will be in November to celebrate our anniversary and I am looking forward to dressing up in a beautiful evening gown with my husband in his tux and having our picture made. We will be dressed to the nines the whole entire evening. :) I want to enjoy everything that this cruise has to offer, including the lobster. Hubby is not too wild about dressing up (he's doing it for me), but I love to dress up. One thing for sure...no one has to worry about me wearing jeans in the dining room. :p

So...to answer your question...

No, not dressing up just for the food. ;)

and having our picture made. We will be dressed to the nines the whole entire evening. :)

Rant mode

I believe the only reason for Formal Night to make more money on pictures.

Rant off

Of course Derfette wants to by every one

We dress for formal night strictly for the event, not the food.
I too dress for the event, not the food. Compared to what I can get at home where when you go down to the harbor, you can see the lobster pot markers all over the place, shipboard lobster is not even close to the "real" thing. I stay away from it.

To me, formal night is about dressing up nicely, putting on jewelry I don't ordinarily wear, and feeling glamorous.

If one orders twin lobster tails make sure they come from the same mother.

"Derf" defn: the premier online provider of humor and satire in Cincinnati. Derf is dedicated to making fun of everything! Also, Derf throws the best party events in Cincinnati

crowd-derfeventinchina.jpg

:D

"Derf" defn: the premier online provider of humor and satire in Cincinnati. Derf is dedicated to making fun of everything! Also, Derf throws the best party events in Cincinnati

Not me

This also is not me

1. v. The act of exploiting a terminal which someone else has absentmindedly left logged on,

from

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/D/derf.html

Oh Pam, am I ever jealous. Pittsburgh doesnt have a harbor. Not one with lobster pots anyway!! I would even wear a gown to the harbor, if we had one, and REAL lobster was waiting!! Karen

quote=Pam in MA]I too dress for the event, not the food. Compared to what I can get at home where when you go down to the harbor, you can see the lobster pot markers all over the place, shipboard lobster is not even close to the "real" thing. I stay away from it.

To me, formal night is about dressing up nicely, putting on jewelry I don't ordinarily wear, and feeling glamorous.

Archived