Do you dress for Lobster?

livsea2

We both enjoy the formal nights!! My husband is in construction and doesn't have to dress for work so we love the formal nights. In fact, what we really liked was when Princess had formal, semi formal and casual. Then you got to dress up even more ;-)))

Cheers, Denise

We dress for formal night strictly for the event, not the food.

We also dress for the event. The Champagne Waterfall was also on the same night (at least it was on the Dawn). The formal night all seems to tie in together with the formal attire, lobster/beef wellington dinner and then the waterfall. Makes it a special occasion so why not dress up? It's just as easy to dress up as to dress in other attire. As others have posted, a nice suit for men and a nice top with dark pants will do for the ladies.

If In Fact The Lobster Was Being Served At The Buffet....we Would Have Been At The Buffet..in Our Case , Dressing Up Once Was Fun...a Second Time Was Ok ..but I Would Have Been More Comfortable In Smart Casual Clothes...but Hey , Can Ya Ever Really Get Enough Lobster?? So What Ever It Takes..lol..foggy

I am wondering how many people dress for formal night because that is the night they serve the best food. Be it lobster, beef wellington, Filet mignon, pick your favorite. I for one would skip formal night if they served lobster in the buffet restauarant.

I really don't want this to be a formal dress debate there are enough of them already. Please just answer the question, is the only reason you dress for formal night is because of the menu? For me the answer is YES!

We get dressed for formal night because it is part of the variety of the enjoyment of the cruise.

If you absolutely refuse to dress a little nicer, it doesn't have to be a tux, skip the formal dinner.

As for me, I hope they don't serve lobster in the buffet.....it is not a buffet style meal....:rolleyes:

If you want to dress for the casserole meals....expect casserole.....:)

I am wondering how many people dress for formal night because that is the night they serve the best food. Be it lobster, beef wellington, Filet mignon, pick your favorite. I for one would skip formal night if they served lobster in the buffet restauarant.

I really don't want this to be a formal dress debate there are enough of them already. Please just answer the question, is the only reason you dress for formal night is because of the menu? For me the answer is YES!

The food has no baring on our decision to get dressed up. We actually enjoy the evening of formal attire for the guests. We also make a point of having photos taken that night too at numerous of the photo shot locations. There is always at least one really good photo of us.

We don't have much opportunity here locally to really get dressed up and go out. So doing so on the cruise is something we truly enjoy. Plus it gives me an excuse to go shopping!!!!! :D My husband owns his own tux with 3 different vests/bow ties, but he nevers minds if I want to go buy a new dress or fancy blouse to go with a long skirt for our next cruise. It's kind of fun to bargain hunt the months for a cruise.

to answer your question...no....I for one like dressing up at least one night on the cruise...it distinquishes one night from another and makes that night stand out. Plus I really like seeing people dressed up...it just looks special to me...I am a people watcher and really enjoy the whole evening. Personally I would prefer the lobster on another night, since it is best with butter and I would hate to spill...but that's another story.

ww_babybee_rev1.gif

livsea2 - asked

Is the only reason you dress for formal night is because of the menu?

Captain's Gala Dinner night - Dressed like a Duchesse for the beef wellington or fish nets for lobster night

And on the Captain's Welcome Dinner - All the Trimmings for the Rock Cornish Hen Forestiere.

Does this answer your question?

:)

One very good reason to dress up, it makes the wife happy. Happy wife = happy Jayson.

I like to dress up and have pictures taken, especially black and whites.

I have a deal with my wife, we dress up have pictures taken and have dinner, then we change into shorts. But, my wife is in "dress" clothes every day that she works, and I am in dress clothes 60% of the time I work. So dressing up on a cruise can be a drag sometimes.

We get dressed for formal night because it is part of the variety of the enjoyment of the cruise.

If you absolutely refuse to dress a little nicer, it doesn't have to be a tux, skip the formal dinner.

As for me, I hope they don't serve lobster in the buffet.....it is not a buffet style meal....:rolleyes:

If you want to dress for the casserole meals....expect casserole.....:)

Do you know where I can find a deal on casserole clothes?

When I saw the title of your thread my first thought was "No, the lobster doesn't care what you look like".:D

We dress for formal night strictly for the event, not the food.

Chiming in late, but better late than never. You read my mind! :p

You Missed The Question Einstien....perhaps You Should Re_read It And Have Someone Interpet It For You Prior To Scatching Your Two Cents Worth Of Information..foggy

To FOGGY DAZE in a Foggy Daze:

OP asked: Do you dress for lobster and then stated he would skip formal night if they serve lobster in the buffet.

Do you dress for Lobster?

I am wondering how many people dress for formal night because that is the night they serve the best food. Be it lobster, beef wellington, Fillet mignon, pick your favorite. I for one would skip formal night if they served lobster in the buffet restaurant.

My comments directly responded to those posts.

Your rude post was not appreciated.........:) ......Einstein

I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm always a little nervous when lobster (or any shellfish) is served. I'm always worried a little something or other from the shellfish has dripped on my plate, or comingled somehow before it gets served. I always take a tiny bite of each thing and wait a little bit before I eat more. I carry an epi-pen always.

Steak and salad is the good-ole standby. I do dress for formal night no matter what I'm eating, but also have skipped formal night due to sunburn and had the most wonderful 4-course meal served on my balcony, dressed in my robe and gobs of aloe vera gel.

I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm always a little nervous when lobster (or any shellfish) is served. I'm always worried a little something or other from the shellfish has dripped on my plate, or comingled somehow before it gets served. I always take a tiny bite of each thing and wait a little bit before I eat more. I carry an epi-pen always.

Steak and salad is the good-ole standby. I do dress for formal night no matter what I'm eating, but also have skipped formal night due to sunburn and had the most wonderful 4-course meal served on my balcony, dressed in my robe and gobs of aloe vera gel.

Epi pens are great. I am deathly allergic to bees. I feel your pain. This is too much information, but hear me out. When I am outside and have no pockets I use surgical tape and secure my pen on my body. That way it's there, and I don't have to worry about digging it out of the waist pack I use when running.

This won't work in formal wear, but for running, biking and swimming? It's literally saved my life.

Archived