Passport Question

Hi - One of the 9 folks in our Freeom party sailing tomorrow forgot his passport at home. However, he does have a faxed copy of the relevant 2 pages. What do you think are his chances of boarding?

I would think if he had his driver's license and his birth certificate, he would be ok. I would also take the faxed copies with me, it probably wouldn't help, but my motto is be more prepared and not need anything then not have enough documentation and need it.

Have fun on Freedom.

D :)

Personally I think that if he doesn't have a Gov't issued ID & certified birth certificate with him, he's SOL. Can it be overnighted to him? Although you didn't say whether there's anyone at his house who can get it.

They are not going to let him onboard with only a faxed copy of his passport. It's too late now to get it overnighted, but depending on where you live it may be worth it to buy a last minute roundtrip ticket to fly home and get that passport.

Hi - One of the 9 folks in our Freeom party sailing tomorrow forgot his passport at home. However, he does have a faxed copy of the relevant 2 pages. What do you think are his chances of boarding?

Oh, Lordy, every traveler's ultimate nightmare! These are the scenarios that keep a Mom up at night!

Poor guy. I am afraid that I am in the "SOL" category, Patrick. :(

Oh, Lordy, every traveler's ultimate nightmare! These are the scenarios that keep a Mom up at night!

Poor guy. I am afraid that I am in the "SOL" category, Patrick. :(

And his mother is none too happy! Of course , this is a 50 year old man we are talking about... :)

I offered to drive from Jax to NC to fetch it...

All I know is I'll be sailing! :D Thanks everyone!

Last year on the Mariner my Mom and Dad drove to Orlando and stayed with us in Disney for a week before the cruise. When we got to the terminal the day of the cruise, in the Budget rent a car van, the driver announced that you should keep your boarding documents and passports out. My Dad looked at me and said "I didn't bring our passports". I think I may have passed out. We walked up to the RCCL check in counter and they basically said that they would let him board but if he had any problems at the ports of call, he would be on his own. Thank God we had no problems and re-entry into the US was a non-issue. I am still baffled by the whole incident as I couldn't believe that they didn't turn him away but that is what happened.

Last year on the Mariner my Mom and Dad drove to Orlando and stayed with us in Disney for a week before the cruise. When we got to the terminal the day of the cruise, in the Budget rent a car van, the driver announced that you should keep your boarding documents and passports out. My Dad looked at me and said "I didn't bring our passports". I think I may have passed out. We walked up to the RCCL check in counter and they basically said that they would let him board but if he had any problems at the ports of call, he would be on his own. Thank God we had no problems and re-entry into the US was a non-issue. I am still baffled by the whole incident as I couldn't believe that they didn't turn him away but that is what happened.
Wow, that's surprising! I think if they had let me on the ship without a passport, I would have not gotten off at any of the ports!

I would think if he had his driver's license and his birth certificate, he would be ok. I would also take the faxed copies with me, it probably wouldn't help, but my motto is be more prepared and not need anything then not have enough documentation and need it.

Have fun on Freedom.

D :)

He probably has his license with him, but why would he have his BC?

So much to remember when getting ready for a cruise.

I agree, but the one thing I always check and re-check like a million times is that I have both our passports with. The only necessity you really need to cruise. Well that and a credit card for the sea pass account.

Archived