Upscale London Hotel Suggestions Needed

I would suggest visiting http://www.tripadvisor.com and doing a search for 4-5 star london hotels. Rennaissance Chancery Hotel is supposed to be excellent, and has a 5-star rating.

We will be staying at the Rubens at the Palace in July, and I will post a review upon our return. It is a 4-star, and is currently rated as #27 out of 900+ hotels in London.

Have a wonderful holiday :)

• 7 months later...

The Howard Hotel has wonderful views of the river and for a small luxury hotel you could try the Chesterfield in Mayfair. Also the Jumeriah Lowndes hotel sounds wonderful. You could also think about the Hempel which has a reputation for a really lovely boutique hotel. You can find bargains on laterooms.com about 6 weeks in advance. I once got a £450 room for £120 using them. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

I agree with Sandancer, The Chesterfield Mayfair is a great smallish four star ( maybe 5 star) hotel. Great location,handy to the tube, Piccadilly and lots of other things. Service is great and so is the food. No matter where you stay, try to get breakfast included. The Dorchester, Clarridges and the Savoy and even the Sheraton Park Tower are all very expensive properties. There is also the Mayfair Intercontinental just around the corner from the Chesterfield, and the Ritz is also a block away. There is a Holiday Inn Mayfair too, right in the same area. Plenty to choose from actually. pj

We are staying for 2 nights in the Chesterfield in July, and we stayed there maybe 2 or 3 years ago for a few days too.

The Holiday Inn Mayfair is a great smallish hotel with reasonable rates for Central London. Their king executive rooms are very big and a good value if pre booked for central london.

Across the street from the Ritz. Some rooms have good views.

Browns is more $$$ but good too.

We've stayed at the HI Mayfair, and it's a very nice hotel. The location is great--you can walk to lots of the sights and the theatre district, and the Green Park tube station is right there. Some rooms have a view of Green Park and the Ritz. The last time we were there they were hosting a party for someone in the royal family. Iit was fun watching them prepare the hotel and watching the limos bringing the guests. We'll be staying there again in mid-May. I'd highly recommend it. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

I don't think a Holiday Inn is "upscale"... I would look on Trip Advisor, but if you are willing to consider Kensington then I can recommend the Milestone. It consistently gets top awards for service and has a nic e restaurant. Their junior suites are outstanding, and they will collect you at the airport in a very fancy car for not much extra!!

For an extra special experience, I would suggest looking to one of the smaller boutique hotels that have between 4-5 rooms each - there's one right around the corner from the V&A whose name escapes me at the moment, will look it up again when I get home. Also "The Grange" hotels are beautiful and offer very good service.

Archived