Medical problem...cruise next week...no insurance...

[quote name='IBookHePays']
DH says he's going no matter what, everyone else isn't so sure, so think good thoughts...it worked for Tinkerbell, right? Come on, he's the one that pays!:)[/quote]

Fingers, toes, you name it are crossed!! Similar thing (although I'm in no way relating MY problem to a potential heart problem) happened to us before our cruise last month. I broke my foot exactly 6 weeks before the cruise and was in a cast & on crutches until just a couple days before. The doc kept xraying me every week and I kept praying (it's a break that can take up to 12 weeks to heal!) and I MADE IT! I was walking with a limp, but I [I]walked[/I] on to the ship!

Good luck to you and DH!

OOPS....I see he's ok...that's great! Should read to the end b4 posting! Enjoy!

[QUOTE]fasicular ventricular tachycordia[/QUOTE]That's a scary condition! I have A-fib which is similar. I hope your doctor told your DH how to slow the heart if it happens again. I have two tricks and one works really well. I will not mention them here because you'd have to ask your doctor about them. I don't have to take any more medication for the heart accept aspirin in case of a clot.

Have a fantastic cruise and watch the alcohol. That can set the episodes off!:eek:

Susan,
that is wonderful news, my best to you and your husband. Remember, good things happen to good people. I think you should sign up and go to the meet and mingle and share this great story. (See you there, and I will tell you mine!)

YAAAAAY!!! I am so happy for you both. Have a wonderful, wonderful cruise. BTW, my Mom was diagnosed with tachycardia (also in her forties) and went on to live to the ripe old age of 87 !! May it be the same or better for your hubby!!! God Bless.

Laura

I am, litterally, crying tears of joy for you (It's not just this, menopause is rearing it's head. My poor family). I kept thinking about the two of you and how much I love and adore my Gene and how scared I would be if I was you. I am so very happy for both of you. Have a wonderful and magical cruise together!

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh out loud. I know EXACTLY what you mean!:D :( :eek: :mad: :D kinds sums it up, doesn't it?

I was so happy to read your post and find out that you and DH are able to go!

My mom had the same procedure done approximately two years ago and she has not had a single episode since then! They said she had an extra "wire" going to her heart that was causing the rapid heartbeats. They severed it, and she's been perfect ever since.

Congratulations again, and have a wonderful cruise!:)

Susan, I can help with the positive vibes. The DW had an emergency GB operation several years ago. I packed all our stuff, clothes too and had us ready to go. Linda was discharged from the hospital and off we went. If you think about she got plenty of rest as I had wheel chair service at all stops, and Delta moved us to 1st class! Once on the ship she got rested up and we had a wonderful cruise. So, think positive and continue with postive thoughts I'm sure you'll get to go, and DH will be just fine!!!!

Our thoughts are with you and DH.

Bill

Thank you once again for all your positive power! I actually printed out all the posts so DH Mark could read them comfortably, and he was amazed and touched by all of you. Now he knows why I love cruise critic so much!

Mark is doing well, although tired (ya think?) but with good spirits. Our DD is home from an immersion trip and DS is on his way home from UC Santa Barbara as I write this. It's going to be a great Father's Day...followed by a great cruise! Thank you one and all!:)

Thank you once again for all your positive power! I actually printed out all the posts so DH Mark could read them comfortably, and he was amazed and touched by all of you. Now he knows why I love cruise critic so much!

Mark is doing well, although tired (ya think?) but with good spirits. Our DD is home from an immersion trip and DS is on his way home from UC Santa Barbara as I write this. It's going to be a great Father's Day...followed by a great cruise! Thank you one and all!:)

I cannot imagine a better Father's Day for all of you!!!!!

Of course the first priority is the health of your husband but hopefully since he has been in good health all will be okay and you will be on the cruise next week. Update us as you are able and best of luck to you both!!:o

It sounds like you are probably enjoying a wonderful Father's Day today. Glad to see the your DH is doing much better, and that you will be able to go on the cruise. Just make sure he takes it easy! Occasions like this make us all stop and realize just how lucky we are for every day. Best wishes to your family.

Here is some positive energy from NJ. Hope all turns out well for you. I never took insurance until the last few years and that is because I am feeling old as I turn 60 this year. This could happen to anyone but I hope you can make it alright for the two or you. You are in my prayers. Pat

Have yourselves a great cruise !!! Enjoy all the beautiful things you see and have fun !!

It will be I'm sure the most beautiful vacation you have had and will only to be beaten in fun and memories by more cruises in the future!!

Can't believe we get to go...My DH is still doing soooo great. He can't wait to go and he's talking about a cruise next summer! Gotta love that guy :) What a crazy few days this will be packing, although, yes, I've had some things packed for quite a while...

Amy, I will look for the "klutz with the broken right arm" and say a big hello.

Jerseygirl3 and Rodpat...I'm a Jersey girl, too...Bergen County..."You can take the girl out of Jersey but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl!!"

I couldn't possibly say thanks to everyone, but I have loved all your posts...

And I will post when we return July 1!

Archived