How many cruises have you been on???

Boo's Mom

How many cruises have you been on???? (You may vote for more than one option!!!)  

832 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you been on???? (You may vote for more than one option!!!)

• none...............yet!!
    • 1-3 cruises
    • 4-9 cruises
    • 10-16 cruises
    • 17-25 cruises
    • 26-35 cruises
    • more than 35 cruises!!!
    • not enough.......let me call my TA right now!!!!!
    • I have sailed so many times I don't keep up the count. I just sail...sail...sail...!!!

• 1 month later...
A month from today, I will be on my [b]42[/b] cruise....I think! (you tend to lose count at some point).:eek: Still get excited and still overpack!

Zenith 14 days to Western Caribbean!! Can't wait!!:cool:

If anyone out there is going out of [b]Jax on Nov. 7-21[/b], please join us on the ROLL CALL FORUM and sign up for the CC Party. We need a few more!!:D

Adegner...Will be shipmates. Will be sailing the Infinity to Hawaii roundtrip from San Diego on Dec. 5!

We started cruising in 1999 and did 14 cruises so far. 2 are booked (Infinity this Dec. and Voyager Nov. 2005).

In 2002, we went crazy and did 6 cruises. End of January, we did the Sovereign 3-day and drove to Miami to board the Voyager for a 7-day. Then in May, we did a 14-day transatlantic to the Mediterannean on Princess. In June, again, we did a 2-night cruise to nowhere on Carnival Triumph out of New York and in the fall we did the Horizon repositionning back-to-back (X2 7-day).

Out of 14, some were only 2-night cruise to nowhere, one was 3-day and another one 4-day but others were 14 days and one back-to-back 7 days on the Horizon repositionning. We can't settle for a 7-day cruise anymore!

How do you guys can afford deposit on so many future cruise?

We always book cheapest cabin because we want to be able to vacation a lot. With all the discounting going on, it concerns us that cruisers may forget the most important aspect of selecting a ship: personal interests and lifestyle. If your only criterion is finding the lowest price available, you can easily wind up on a ship where you have nothing in common with the other passengers, which can adversely affect your enjoyment of the cruise.

We've learned that people's opinion of a cruise is strongly affected by their age, their likes, and their expectations. Cruises provide a variety of activities to suit different tastes. For us, visiting many islands is our main goal. We are a couple (childless) in our mid 30's/early 40’s with enough vacation to be able to enjoy many cruises. We're avid boaters & love the sea. We do not smoke, we love the outdoors & are beach people. We care a lot about ship design, wrap around promenade decks, open spaces to view the sea, sunsets, moon shimmering on the waves.

1 on Sapphire Princess to Alaska
1 booked on Mercury to the Mexican Riviera

I really need to get off the West coast cruise itineraries! :) However, I have a list of about 6 cruises that I'd like to do before we get ready to start having children in about 5 years...so we'll see how many get accomplished!

I'm about to embark on my second cruise this weekend. My first was on the Constellation and I hoped to get another chance to get on board.

After our three day trip to Nassau, we will start getting ready for the trip of a lifetime - Around the world in 112 days on the HAL Prinsendam.

Can't wait to see the Caribbean! [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_21_9v.gif[/img][/url] That's me dancing for joy!

Slinkie

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red]I've never been on a cruise, I have a deathly fear of water, but no one knows this, it's a secret, don't tell anyone! Please, if this gets out, I'll be ruined![/color][/size][/font]

We started cruising in Jan. '02 and got hooked immediately. Just booked our 5th coming up in Feb. It's so much fun to have a cruise to look forward to. Been doing the booking dance since last Fri. :) Also hoping for a European cruise next summer.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04
Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05

I'll be on board #20 on November 5...my signature breaks them all down.

My parents are nutso cruise fanatics though...they've just gotten off what I thought was their 81st cruise...but I was corrected after posting that in another thread...it was their 89th cruise!

They are racking them up too fast for me to catch up! By the time I get on board my 21st cruise, probably next October, they will have advanced to their 94th cruise. That's the ratio I'm dealing with...they go on 5 cruises for every 1 of mine.

But I'm a working stiff, while my step-father recently retired (he is 64, mom is younger than that, but I would be killed if I typed her age).

I must give them credit for starting my cruising addiction...when I was 14, they brought me on my first cruise and I've been hooked ever since. I took every available cruise they would bring me on, and once I got out of college and wasn't offered the free cruises from family anymore, I started buying my own.

Looking back to that first cruise, it's amazing how unbelievably crappy the ship and the room were...but it still hooked me!

You can see below...#18 coming up next week. The only difference is that I started my love affair with ocean liners almost 40 years ago. We have seen a lot of changes. I hope we will be able to add a lot more when we retire but...we won't retire for at least another 9 years...YIKES!!!

ROSS

Archived