LIVE on the Crown 7/22

LunaMoon

LunaMoon- I would really like to hear more about what they offer for free at the International Cafe. And about the coffe card-if you buy that you get specially coffees(15) and all the regular coffe you want? That sounds like a pretty good deal. Can you tell me more about the specialty coffees?

I hope you have smooth sailing the rest of the way and a great cruise.It must have been kinda rough being the first group to board after the tilt.

Laura

Yes, we are in Caribe 718 our favorite cabin (we have been in this stateroom previously on the Grand and on the Caribbean Princess and love it).

LunaMoon,

Thanks for your update. We will be in Caribe 718 on August 7th. Glad to see you like the cabin. We have never had a cabin on Caribe before, so I wanted to try the half-covered, half-exposed cabin. Who is the cabin steward and how is his service?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Rick

Lunamoon posted: ...coffee card for $24 and that will buy me unlimited freshly brewed coffee, and 15 other specialty coffee drinks.

I have read about the coffee card that is good for 15 special coffees, but this is the first I have read about unlimited fresh brewed coffee. That would be a great deal....assuming the fresh brewed is nice.:)

Is this for real??:D

If the show is Destinations tonight - don't miss it!!! The best seats in the house.... just between the floor level and first level. There are two rows of about 10 seats in the center of the Princess Theater, more leg room and your elevated enough not to worry about any 'big hair' getting in your way.

Was on the listing voyage myself.... As for the coffee card. It includes the 15 specialty drinks, but ONLY hot drinks! I was surprised by this. No iced or frozen. Includes cafe mocha, hot chocolate, latte, don't remember what else. Also the int'l cafe has the premium coffee for $1. With the card you get that free as well, unlimited. Oh, and if you like whipped cream on your specialty drinks, make sure you ask for it! They don't automatically include it, but if you ask, they will put it on for free.

Lunamoon posted: ...coffee card for $24 and that will buy me unlimited freshly brewed coffee, and 15 other specialty coffee drinks.

I have read about the coffee card that is good for 15 special coffees, but this is the first I have read about unlimited fresh brewed coffee. That would be a great deal....assuming the fresh brewed is nice.:)

Is this for real??:D

Yes -- the fresh brewed coffee (premium) is usally $1.00/cup but is free with a coffee card. (Even after using up the 15 free spcialty drinks, the card remains good for the fresh brewed.) One thing though -- the coffee card is for HOT speciality coffee drinks, not COLD. We didn't know that until after we bought two coffee cards -- one was for DD who likes the cold ones . . . :(

Was on the listing voyage myself.... As for the coffee card. It includes the 15 specialty drinks, but ONLY hot drinks! I was surprised by this. No iced or frozen. Includes cafe mocha, hot chocolate, latte, don't remember what else. Also the int'l cafe has the premium coffee for $1. With the card you get that free as well, unlimited. Oh, and if you like whipped cream on your specialty drinks, make sure you ask for it! They don't automatically include it, but if you ask, they will put it on for free.

Dear Jamie:

Guess we were posting at the same time . . . ;)

Love, Mom

Just got back from the art auction.

Merion Mom, the marble table tops in the Vines are there! The broken ones must have been replaced, if you can imagine that in this brief time. And you're right, that marble is truly beautiful and quite elegant.

YES the $24 coffee card DOES include UNLIMITED freshly brewed coffee! No more bringing our own coffee pot on a cruise for us! And it also includes the 15 specialty drinks of your choice: cappacino, and hummm, ok I will get the menu later and report back to you the entire list.

The pools are still closed because the seas are truly rough; the roughest I've ever experienced. Everyone therefore is in the Piazza watching the street performers and EATING! WOW the International cafe's ovens are cranked up overtime today, and everyone's loving it. For lunch today was an excellent mushroom and leek kisch (sp?), really good panini's...one with motzerrella, tomatoes and fresh basil, one with the most delicious proscutto and motzerella, one with grilled chicken and cheese, a fresh shrimp salad, a greek salad, and a portobella mushroom salad, and then there is also the most amazing desserts........ALL complimentary. Most things are complimentary there, and when something is not, they post it. I can eat there all day and be happy.

Oh, thank you for letting me know that the lounge chairs on the deck of our c718 go back! now my DH doesn't have to sleep sitting up out there.

Ok, off to the horse races. AND also, I've got to go before Othellocruiser sees me here again and has me declared persona non grata in the internet cafe!

Ok, i've just gotta answer this one........shhhh don't tell othellocruiser!

Jerry, you won't have any trouble purchasing the coffee card; the first time you sit down at the international cafe a sweet faced young waitress will ask you if you'd like to buy one (or you could have the very interesting Francesco offer you the card for purchase :-) Francesco and I have bonded because he and my grandparents are from the same town in Southern Italy!

Ciao tutti

Since everyone's asking about the coffee card, can the spec. coffees (or unlimited brewed) be ordered in the DR's? Or only the Intl. Cafe?

First time going on Princess, so not familiar except I've read that cappuccinos & espressos are not free in the DR after dinner. I've been spoiled by NCL where they're free at lunch or dinner.

So here we are safely on the Crown in the aftermath of the listing incident.I have been told that there are about 2,800 passengers aboard (however, so far it really does not feel as crowded as the Caribbean Princess or some other ships we have sailed on).We were greeted with enthusiasm at the Redhook Pier, and were wisked through security and into the "vip" waiting room. We were allowed on board before 11AM (I guess because there were no passengers disembarking). We did not get underway at 5pm because of a rain and lightening storm, but were on our way around 5:45.Incredibly, the ship looks as good as it did when Othellocruiser and I were aboard for lunch and a tour on June 23rd. All of the shops are sparkling and in order. Our cabin on Caribe is in perfect condition. The air conditioning is happily working. The only evidence of the listing of the ship is some vague smell of mildew in a few areas; probably due to the fact that some of the carpets are still damp.When we were boarding we saw them bringing many brand new television sets onto the ship (I guess to replace those that fell and were broken).Universally the crew has been very upbeat so far; can it be that none of them had any problem whatsoever with the tilting of the ship? That is the what the mantra seems to be among all we have spoken to.We had lunch in the Horizon Court, which was apparently no worse for the event. They are still charging $15 to use the Sanctuary for a half a day, which frankly surprised many people. We made reservations at the Crown Grill and we were the only ones there at the time. This evening at dinner, the dining room felt almost empty (it could have been the early hour of 6pm that we dined). The Lotus Spa was struggling to get up and running again when we boarded. Everyone's pre reserved treatments were no longer really valid because of the elimination of our first 2 days on board, and the rearranging of formal nights and port days. The Spa desk was without a working computer and a new one was being installed while a huge line formed to cancel, reschedule, or book appointments. It was impressive to see the staff handle it all with calm and courtesy.Our Cruise Critic meet and greet is rescheduled for tomorrow (Sunday 7/23) in Skywalkers at 1pm. At the muster drill, Captain Andy Protor said the usual things, but it was noticable that many specific comments were directed to the listing episode and the criticism that has been expressed in the press. Surprisingly, he also seemed to address many of the questions and comments that have been made here on CC. Specifically, he went out of his way to explain why there was no roll call, or head count after the ship tilted. Honestly, although we listened closely, his comments about knowing where everyone was at all time because of some computer system were extremely vague and unclear.My 3 grown children, who are not with us, were frankly more concerned about us going on this cruise than we were. My oldest daughter said to my DH, Othellocruiser, "tell mom to call me when she has regained her sanity!" HA! Kids! My son said, "mom, how does your life jacket go with your formal dress? Don't take that life jacket off, not even to sleep!" Hummmm... And the baby (who is 26 years old...lol) wanted to know if it was hard to walk at a 15 degree angle all day?!? YIEKS! Well, we are looking forward to our first formal tomorrow night with all of our dear friends, and to the rest of our much needed vacation.I am happy we gathered our courage and went ahead with our year-long plan of cruising on the Crown. I am sorry that our trip has been cut short by 2 days, and that we are not going to San Juan where we had many things planned for my DH's 60th birthday celebration in the place where he was born. However, I am grateful to the staff here on the Crown for really doing an amazing job of putting this gorgeous ship back together again in only a few short days. I cannot imagine how they did it, but they did. They can clean up anytime at my house after the pandemonium of our family gatherings!

Feliz cumpleanos a su esposo. Que lastima que uds no pueden ir a San Juan. Buen viaje.

Just got back from the art auction.

Merion Mom, the marble table tops in the Vines are there! The broken ones must have been replaced, if you can imagine that in this brief time. And you're right, that marble is truly beautiful and quite elegant.

YES the $24 coffee card DOES include UNLIMITED freshly brewed coffee! No more bringing our own coffee pot on a cruise for us! And it also includes the 15 specialty drinks of your choice: cappacino, and hummm, ok I will get the menu later and report back to you the entire list.

The pools are still closed because the seas are truly rough; the roughest I've ever experienced. Everyone therefore is in the Piazza watching the street performers and EATING! WOW the International cafe's ovens are cranked up overtime today, and everyone's loving it. For lunch today was an excellent mushroom and leek kisch (sp?), really good panini's...one with motzerrella, tomatoes and fresh basil, one with the most delicious proscutto and motzerella, one with grilled chicken and cheese, a fresh shrimp salad, a greek salad, and a portobella mushroom salad, and then there is also the most amazing desserts........ALL complimentary. Most things are complimentary there, and when something is not, they post it. I can eat there all day and be happy.

Oh, thank you for letting me know that the lounge chairs on the deck of our c718 go back! now my DH doesn't have to sleep sitting up out there.

Ok, off to the horse races. AND also, I've got to go before Othellocruiser sees me here again and has me declared persona non grata in the internet cafe!

I just wanted to say have a fantastic cruise, stay safe and thank you for all your postings and the positive attitude you have brought to the Princess Forums. My sister was on the ship when it listed last week, and I completely understand everyones frustrations and heartache, but it is nice to see some of the positive things coming out again. Let me know how much you like Bermuda. I have only been on one cruise and it was the Caribbean Princess. I was planning on the Crown next year, but still undecided since I havent picked an itinerary yet! Have a great time!

I am so glad to hear just positive and great reviews of the Crown Princess. Having sailed aboard her on the 6/23 sailing, I had the time of my life and was so upset to hear all the negative reviews it had been getting. Everything about the Crown is simply amazing!! Continue to enjoy the piazza and have a cookie (or two) for me!!

PS - Have you tried the pizza yet? If not, it is a must have. I have traveled the world, live outside of NY and can testify it is some of the best pizza I have ever had!!

PSS - Tell Lovely Lisa Rich says HI!!

LunaMoon, so glad to hear that all is well. Have been reading the posts. Our best friends are on your cruise. They used to live in West Windsor and now in Columbus. We were supposed to go but DH is in the hospital. If you happen to meet a couple by the name of Ursula and Vince Marano please tell them that their prayers worked!

Have a wonderful vacation! Now get out in the sunshine!!!:) Cruiserone:D

Ok, off to the horse races.

LunaMoon. . . Wow! The horse races are back on Princess? They stopped them for a couple of years. We're happy to hear all is well on the Crown. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Thanks for taking the time to post. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

LunaMoon:

In case you haven't found it yet, there's an outlet on the wall behind one of the tables in the International Cafe. That way you can eat, post, and charge the laptop at the same time--and have that speciality coffee :D.

Vines has an outlet on the wall also but it's in the short hall that runs to the kitchen (?) door. Not as convenient. Enjoy your cruise . . .I'm glad to hear things are (mostly) back to normal. We loved the Crown and the cruise was great (until the list/heel/tilt/incident/.

Shame on Princess. I cannot believe they did not wait a week to give them time to fix things and do repairs. Elevators are not working, carpeting, damage. They are not delivering the quality product that is expected from Princess.

Archived