LIVE on the Crown 7/22

LunaMoon

We were on the 7/2 sailing and spent two days in the aft pool. We couldn't hear the kids at all, remember they are two floors up and there is music piped into the pool area. No one had their children in that area, our 17 year old was probably the youngest when we were there. I distinctly remember looking up watching this cute little girl (3?) riding a tricycle up in the kids section - she was having a great time and it was fun to watch without any sound effects!

It's nice to know how to pronounce the lemon drink - we never did quite understand how to say it, but when we called it lemon jello they seemed to know exactly what we meant. I had read about it here on cruisecritic so was anxious to try it when they brought it through the dining room to purchase by the shotglass.

Thanks for the update. I hope you have a wonderful (unfortunately) short trip.

I have a "stupid" question. What does DH stand for? I see several people using it in their writing.

DH...I think it usually means Dear Husband....

Looks like they left around 5 Grand Turk Time...here's hoping for smooth sailing to Bermuda!

crown_bridge.jpg

I have a "stupid" question. What does DH stand for? I see several people using it in their writing.

DH stands for Dear Husband or whatever "D" word you want to use in front of Husband or Hubby. I asked the same question when I was new on CC a few months ago and thanks to helpful posters on CC, got quick answers.

Examples:

DS - Dear Son

DD - Dear Daughter

MIL - Mother-in-law

and the list goes on.......I still haven't figured out of all the abbrev. but know a lot more than when I first came on CC.

Thank you to those who answered my question about what DH stood for. I hate to ask questions, but if you don't ask, then you'll (that's me) only be guessing who people are talking about.

I have discovered that some people on this board are really something else, but then there are some that respond back with "nice" answers. I know....it takes "all" kind of people to make this world. :)

Hi LunaMoon.....Hope you are having a fantastic time on the Crown.

I have a huge favour to ask of you. I am trying to find out whether the Maitre'D in one of the dining rooms or in the Horizon court is Carlos Justina. If you happen to notice I would love to know if he is there.

Thanks

I have a huge favour to ask of you. I am trying to find out whether the Maitre'D in one of the dining rooms or in the Horizon court is Carlos Justina. If you happen to notice I would love to know if he is there.

Thanks

Hi Lauren.

Carlos Justina is currently on hte Sun Princess in Alaska as

Assistant Maitre"d.

Panddcruiser, the itinerary for this cruise was supposed to be Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas and Bermuda. They eliminated San Juan and St. Thomas due to the incident in Flordia. We were supposed to be on this ship but DH had other plans. Our best friends are on this cruise and disappointed that they eliminated St. Thomas. It is the best jewelery shopping in all of the caribbean!:D

Lunamoon, safe journey! And thanks for keeping us updated on the Crown.

Panddcruiser, the itinerary for this cruise was supposed to be Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas and Bermuda. They eliminated San Juan and St. Thomas due to the incident in Flordia. We were supposed to be on this ship but DH had other plans. Our best friends are on this cruise and disappointed that they eliminated St. Thomas. It is the best jewelery shopping in all of the caribbean!:D

Lunamoon, safe journey! And thanks for keeping us updated on the Crown.

I've found the same prices on jewelry on 47th street in NY! You just have to negotiate the tax!

We were on the 7/2 sailing and spent two days in the aft pool. We couldn't hear the kids at all, remember they are two floors up and there is music piped into the pool area. No one had their children in that area, our 17 year old was probably the youngest when we were there. I distinctly remember looking up watching this cute little girl (3?) riding a tricycle up in the kids section - she was having a great time and it was fun to watch without any sound effects!

Thanks for the info. That really makes me feel MUCH better!

Morning Everyone,

Yesterday's escapades onboard, sans the Homeboys who were exploring Grand Turks, were great! I ate quite a civilized lunch, tablecloth and china and all, in the DaVinci dining room (table for one, please! :-). It was restfull and lovely: delicious beef broth with vegetables soup, and a nicosie salad that was excellent. Sitting at tables either side of me were engaging couples, one from Brooklyn and one from Milan, Italy. When I turned my head to the left I lapsed into my Brooklynese...furgetaboutit! and when I glanced to the right everything was tutti bene et tranquille.

Afterwards I went to the Lotus Spa and OH NO they did not have time to give me the Ionithermie treatment, so unfortunately I am still carrying around my full supply of body inches! However, I did have the "Spa Taster" for the great port-day price of $99: a 25 minute massage and a 25 minute Hot Stone massage. OMG! Let me tell you that it probably was the BEST massage I have ever gotten in my life! (and the CEO happens to be a massuse par excellence :-). I attribute the magnificant 50 minutes completely to Anthony, who was the technician who performed this miracle of relaxation on me. If you ever book a treatment onboard the Crown, request this young man. Not only did he do a terrific job with the treatment, he was kind enough not to harrass me afterwards about buying a myriad of spa products (all of which I was so grateful for that I tipped him handsomely :-). I have booked a session of reflexology with Anthony for later this week. And I have also booked that Ionithermie treatment (I am determined to do the impossible! Eat myself into oblivion AND lose inches all at the same time!!)

The Homeboys and others returned back aboard from Grand Turk at various times with various reports of the island. Some said that the beach was the most beautiful and pristine that they have ever seen, and that Margaritaville was fun; others said that if 2 ports had to be eliminated from this truncated cruise, then this should have been one of those eliminated. Their reasons varied, but the majority opinion seemed to be that it as an "arificial port somewhat like Princess Cays but not as nice." I have no opinion in this debate because I did not experience it first hand.

As we were waiting to pull away from Grand Turk the most amazing sight appeared on the portside of the ship, which many enjoyed from their cabin decks: a school of dolphins leaped and jumped in unison just a heartbeat away from the ship! It was a performance put on spontaneously by nature that beat anything anyone could witness at Sea World! Honestly, I was amazed. These gorgeous creatures frolicked and played right before our eyes! Othellocruiser gave me his binoculars and I could swear that I saw one cute little guy smile and wave his flipper at me! :-) The CEO swears he saw a shark fin gliding close to the dolphins, menacingly close...and I said, "yes dear, it's a shark." BUT to tell you the truth the only shark I think came close to the Crown yesterday was on the big screen of MOS!

We ate dinner at the Crown Grill at 7pm, after another fun-filled private cabin cocktail party; this time at the Homeboys Hideaway, el presidente's very own stateroom. The pina coladas were really yummy, smooth and creamy and ice cold, and we salsa-ed to latino rhythms provided by the CEO's cd player.

Opps, I'm late!...gotta run to the spa and get a manicure for tonight's second formal night and the captain's cocktail party for captain circle members.

Remind me to tell you about dinner at the Crown Grill, and the island night deck party, and our experience at the Adagio Bar and Lounge yesterday night.

Ciao

Lunamoon,

I am LOVING your posts!! I can't wait to read the next one.

And the Dolphin spectacular happened to me this past April on the Sapphire. It was soooo amazing!! Glad you had a chance to experience that.

I hope the rest of your cruise is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Jamie

Thanks

The Maitre D' on the Crown Princess is Generoso Mazzone, of Milan, Italy. A true gentleman who lives up to his name, IMHO. He was most generous and kind to my partner and I on our recent sailing, and my colleagues as well who sailed the following week.

The Maitre D' on the Crown Princess is Generoso Mazzone, of Milan, Italy. A true gentleman who lives up to his name, IMHO. He was most generous and kind to my partner and I on our recent sailing, and my colleagues as well who sailed the following week.

Glad to hear it!! Do you remember any of the head waiters on the Crown?

Thanks SeaMatesNYC!

Glad to hear it!! Do you remember any of the head waiters on the Crown?

Thanks SeaMatesNYC!

Assistant Maitre'd is Ignatzio who used to be on the Coral.

Headwaiters Goodwin & Rui from the Caribbean are also

onboard the Crown.

Archived