Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

If I am going to price line a hotel for precruise in Vancouver, near the pier, What zone would I use? Downtown?

This is for Celebrity, Mercury, if it make a difference.

Thanks

Hi,:) Mercury sails from Balleyntine so you will have to take

a cab to the pier. That pier is much more "industrial" as opposed

to Canada Place which is near lots of hotels and restaurants.

I would say downtown is a good choice of zones:) since you

will have to grab a cab.

If you scroll back you will see some of the bids accepted for that

area. A couple of folks got the Hyatt downtown for great prices:D

As long as your happy, that is all that matters

I just tried Priceline, Vancouver 8/5 - 8/6/09. started at 65, used all my free rebids got up to 76, all were rejected Oh well will try again

Cathy

I hate to sound like a dummy....but, what are free rebids?

I noticed on biddingfortravel two people reported wins of Sutton Place in DT Vancouver at $98 for September (the moderator chastised one person for bidding too much too early). Seems like most are reporting winning the Hyatt Regency, though. I intend to start my bidding a lot lower than $98, so I wonder if this makes my chances of winning the Hyatt Regency higher than Sutton Place? All very mysterious how it works! We've only stayed at the Westin Bayshore and like it very much. I've heard of only one win there lately.

I am going to start bidding at 65 for DT Vancouver go up 3$ for my free rebids for 8/5 one night. Have tried this twice, not been successfull but I will continue to try for a while longer.

Cathy

Edited by crazycath

Damn you Priceline. I knew I could have gotten it for less. Oh well, I'll try to low ball them harder next time!

You got a great price, EverBlue. You're paying less than half of list price, I bet. And we are going different weekends, so the prices may have been different anyway. I like Hiltons, and I'm looking forward to my stay. Hope you are, too.

I hate to sound like a dummy....but, what are free rebids?

It's where you add a zone on Priceline that does not have any hotels in the star level you want so when you add you get to bid again (typically you have to wait 24 hrs to rebid)

It's where you add a zone on Priceline that does not have any hotels in the star level you want so when you add you get to bid again (typically you have to wait 24 hrs to rebid)

I was struggling to figure that out even after reading biddingfortravel.....The problem I see is that if I want a 4 star hotel, if the next zone doesn't have one, it could give me a three star one if I re submitted that bid. Is that correct?

I went with Hotwire...

Right now they have some awesome deals.

I got Pan Pacific Seattle for $129 a night

staying post cruise

7/26 - 7/29

I spoke to someone very nice on the phone and did as mentioned...

Just politely asked for 2 beds (doubles), no problem. They noted it on the reservations. It was as if they were expecting my call and were ready to type in the preference.

;)

I would love to get the Pan Pacific. I have been checking out Hotwire, Downtown area and the only 5 star hotle seems to be Sutton Place based on golf being listed in the amenities. What star rating and what amenities were listed? I have seen a 4 star listed that inlcuded tennis nearby as an amenity.

Thanks for your help!

I was struggling to figure that out even after reading biddingfortravel.....The problem I see is that if I want a 4 star hotel, if the next zone doesn't have one, it could give me a three star one if I re submitted that bid. Is that correct?

Actually (correct me if I am wrong people), I believe if you are bidding for a 4 star, they cannot give you less than a 4 star if the areas you add don't have 4 stars. Who would want to bid if you asked for a 4 star, only 1 of the areas you listed HAD 4 stars, and they awarded you a 3 star (from an area you didn't even WANT, hypothetically!)

However they can upgrade you to a better star level. I bid 2 1/2 stars in Williamsburg, VA and was given a 3 star. Several people bidding for that area got the same thing. Since I had no problem with the 3 star hotel, I went ahead and bid for the 2 1/2 star and we had a nice hotel for a low price.

We got the Omni downtown for $50 for 5/18 and on our return we had the Hilton Garden Inn Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra for $50. Unfortunately there was torrential rain, and we did not see the beach. There was an in room jacuzzi though!

Got the Westin Seattle for $80 plus taxes and fees for 8/7... Hotwire price was $109 (I'm pretty sure it was the Westin) and online rates were running about $189. Now, I have to find one for the night before we fly home.

was this on priceline?

cathy

We're in Richmond by the airport and leave in just a couple hours to board an Alaskan cruise WHOOHOO! Our post cruise plans were up in the air but last night we bid for 2 nights following our cruise and got the Renaissance downtown Vancouver. My husband is not much for playing the numbers (I usually research Betterbidding.com) so he put in $75 and got it the first try.

$75 + tax (2 rooms)

06/06-08

3 1/2 stars

US$75.00

Subtotal:US$300.00

Taxes & Service Fees:US$59.22

Total Charges:US$359.22

We got the Omni downtown for $50 for 5/18 and on our return we had the Hilton Garden Inn Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra for $50. Unfortunately there was torrential rain, and we did not see the beach. There was an in room jacuzzi though!

Shouldn't this be moved to the East Coast departures section? Would be of help to those checking the East Coast ports.

Shouldn't this be moved to the East Coast departures section? Would be of help to those checking the East Coast ports.

I thought folks were asking about Vancouver..that would definitely

be West Coast;):D

I didn't realize there was an East coast and west coast priceline site:confused::eek:

Hotel: Westin 4 star

Price bid: $78.00 on Priceline

Accepted on first try

Date: Sept 16 and 17

I am very happy. Total cost for 2 nights is $187.74 including tax and fees.

Edited by gracecarmo

Some winning bids for my August Alaska cruise from Vancouver on the Serenade of the Seas.

DT Seatle 4 *-Westin Seatle-8/26-2 nights-$80 per night with taxes-$96

DT Vancouver 4* Pan Pacific-8/28-$85-with taxes-$106

Airport Seatle 3*-Double tree 9/5-$40with taxes-$53