Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Not just a peak for summer, but many groups are going to Seattle in July. Big Vet conference in Early July. There was an article in the paper here this morning about how some eco-groups are trying to get the "fish throwers" banned from throwing the fish for the tourists. They have been booked for a private event for the Vets.

I'm interested in reading that article. Maybe it's in the paper's online version? What newspaper website would I go to or Google?

Marsha

I'm interested in reading that article. Maybe it's in the paper's online version? What newspaper website would I go to or Google?

Marsha

I went ahead and gooogled...there were several articles online along with "letters to the editor" opinions. It's amazing to me what some organizations consider an issue of importance! I love Seattle and the throwing fish! Can't wait to get back.

Started trying for our hotel in Vancouver for Sept. 4 this week. Today I won:

Delta Vancouver Suites, 550 West Hastings Street

Sept. 4, 2009

1 room

4 Stars

$77.00 plus tax for a total of $97.01

I started low at $65 and added $4 each free rebid zone.

Another job off my list!:)

This bid was accecpted on 6/20/09

Date: Sept. 25, 2009

Number of rooms: 1

Number of nights - 1 nights pre-cruise

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3 1/2 *'s

Area: SanPedro

Site: Priceline

Winning and first bid: $65

Also have to pay $16.80 in tax and service fees for a total of $81.80

We've never used priceline before, but I'll never make a hotel reservation without them again!

Seattle Downtown

Saturday, Aug 29, 2009

First Bid accepted June 24, 2009: $65.00

Accepted by: Renaissance Marriott

Has anyone stayed there before? Thanks. :)

I never book a hotel without using Priceline. I have used them for over 6 years now and have saved a fortune. I use them for pre-cruise hotels in Europe too - have always gotten wonderful accommodations.

Marion

Bid on the Westin in Long Beach today and got it on my first try

for $54. Total with taxes.....$69.

It's a great property and an excellent rate!!!:)

I forgot to post the date: 9/25/09 1 night

We just came off of the Celebrity Inifinity on Fri the 26th

sitting in Victoria on the 25th we decided we wanted to extend our stay in Seattle.

We went to the ships' internet cafe, rebooked our airline ticket and then went shopping on Priceline. On the way to sail we stayed at the Silver Cloud Stadium, (you could see right into the field, we loved staying here, wowo!!!!! for just 72/nite)

we tried again for that property but then remembered the Dodgers were in town so we wouldn't get that one.

We then up'd the price and got the Westin for 90.00 for Friday the 26th.

There was the Rock n Roll marathon, a huge soccer tourney and then the Gay pride parade, the hotel we later found out was completely sold out.

We checked in at 10am. loved loved loved our room and didn't want to leave the next morning.

We're on the 8/23 sailing of Mariner of the Seas and as our two sons - 20 and 15 - had never been to LA, we plan on coming out 2 days early. Based on recommendations of CJW on the West Coast Port message board we booked 2 nights at the Andaz. Best price we could find anywhere was $225 a night on Expedia ($275 on Hyatt's website). We were able to buy the rooms for $101 per night on Priceline!!!

I have used Priceline and Hotwire quite extensively during the past couple of years, and when you utilize the resources of www.betterbidding.com, you rarely are disappointed.

Won Doubletree at the Seattle Airport for Sept 6 after Alaska trip. 1st try at $45-won

Room Cost $45.00 (USD)Number of Rooms:1Number of Nights:1Room Subtotal:$45.00 (USD)Taxes and Fees:$13.87 (USD)Total Room Cost:$58.87 (USD)

Seattle Westin

August 8

$89.00

Is it advisable to contact hotel and let them know you belong to their preferred guest club? Does it have any bearing since we booked through priceline?

San Francisco - 9/20 - 9/25

Sailing on Sea Princess

Hyatt in Fisherman's Wharf

$65.00 plus tax. Two rooms. 1st try.

I've never used priceline before, but will always try them first from now on.

Seattle Westin

August 8

$89.00

Is it advisable to contact hotel and let them know you belong to their preferred guest club? Does it have any bearing since we booked through priceline?

In the past, I have gotten no points or benefits with any hotel club when booked through priceline or hotwire.

Seattle Westin

August 8

$89.00

Congrats! Did you bid 4 stars or 3&1/2? I'm up to $97 for the following week (8/15) but no luck...don't know what I'm doing wrong:(.Would love to get the Westin.

Congrats! Did you bid 4 stars or 3&1/2? I'm up to $97 for the following week (8/15) but no luck...don't know what I'm doing wrong:(.Would love to get the Westin.

I bid 4 star, and received it on first bid. Must be something going on the next week. Keep trying.

Staying 8/8/2009 for one night pre-cruise in San Pedro. I tried the sweet spot of $65 for the Crowne Plaza on Priceline and was rejected. I then went to Hotiwire and got the Doubletree for $70 + taxes/fees.

What did you put in as far as how many stars. The only option I am getting in San Pedro is 3 stars for $69. Do you think that is the Doubletree or Crown Plaza?

Thanks for the help

Edited by Love2cruise58
spelling

What did you put in as far as how many stars. The only option I am getting in San Pedro is 3 stars for $69. Do you think that is the Doubletree or Crown Plaza?

Thanks for the help

Here's what you do. Go to Priceline and click on "name your own bid" hotels. Put in San Pedro and the dates needed. The next page you click on San Pedro (not Long Beach, etc.), and it should show 3 1/2 stars as the highest level to bid on. The Crowne Plaza and Doubletree are both 3 1/2 star hotels. Try bidding $65 first. It usually works. You won't have an option as to which hotel you get. You get what they give you. Both are excellent. I've gotten CP twice and am very happy there. If I get Doubletree I won't be upset. They both have transportation to the pier for you. Good luck!