Spring Break 2007? When is yours?

akh40

Hi all, we are considering a short Mexico cruise next March 26-30. Just wondering if anyone knows when Spring Break is for Southern California or anywhere else for that matter?! We are on Spring Break that week (we live in Idaho) but I'm not sure I want to take my 2 kids (11 and 13) on their first cruise with a bunch of rowdy teenagers also on Spring Break! Can anyone tell me? Thanks!!

Amanda:)

Easter is on April 8th next year. You will find that most California schools will be out either the week before or the week after Easter. However, the colleges will be different - so it really does depend. Late March and most of April you will find a higher number of Spring Breakers.

I'm a teacher and a graduate student (in New Jersey). My school spring break is April 6th-15th. My college spring break is March 12th-16th. The weeks of spring break really vary though. I went on the Navigator over Spring Break one year and I had a great time. There were a lot of kids, but they were fine for the most part.

Ours has been the 3rd week of March for the last several years.

As you can see from the posts, Spring break can be pretty spread out over several weeks. In traveling I've found that the end of March first part of April seems to be the bussiest.

Our local university has Spring Break the last week in March. The largest University in our state has Spring Break the 3rd week in March. The University I attended has Spring Break the 2nd week in March.

The 2 largest of our local school districts have Spring Break the last week in March.

In California, San Diego State University has spring break the last week in March, as does UCLA.

Hi all, we are considering a short Mexico cruise next March 26-30. Just wondering if anyone knows when Spring Break is for Southern California or anywhere else for that matter?! We are on Spring Break that week (we live in Idaho) but I'm not sure I want to take my 2 kids (11 and 13) on their first cruise with a bunch of rowdy teenagers also on Spring Break! Can anyone tell me? Thanks!!

Spring break for Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourgh County) starts the week of March 17th.

Why would you assume spring break=a bunch of rowdy teenagers:confused: No doubt there will be many kids on-board but you have 2 kids also.

I was on a Carnival cruise the week of spring break 05 and while there were lots of kids, I wouldn't say I noticed lots of rowdy teenagers.

Spring Break as you can tell is really anywhere from the second week of March through week after Easter, just depends on the school district or college policy (mine is the March 17-24, 2007).

We did Radiance spring break this year, had no problems, as the staff enforced the rules (midnight curfews for teens, etc...) that were annouced at beginning of cruise and given to all passengers as they boarded.

With kids I would think better with other kids on-board for activities

The timeframe is from mid-February around Presidents week (some schools do the winter break) until the 2nd week of May. Anytime within that range you will see more children/teens/college kids onboard. The March timeframe you are mentioning is at it's peak. Thing is, you will be taking children onboard so at least you know there will be plenty of kids their age. Little ones can be rowdy too (had 3 myself).;) Your kids are pre-teens so it suprises me that you would be concerned with teenagers. I see more activity of kids running, laughing. screaming (out of fun) in the 11-14 age bracket than the older ones.

In most of metro-Atlanta, the private schools are on spring break the first week of March, so cruises leaving March 3-4 would fit for their week, and the public school systems have mostly coordinated for the first week of april, so cruises leaving March 31-April 1 would work for week long trips during that break.

The first weekend of the public school break is the NCAA Mens Final Four here in Atlanta, so we are not cruising, but instead I'm taking DS to that. And I expect that a D1 on the Mariner for DW, DS and myself might have been a cheaper option:eek:.

Our spring break is the same week, and I had the same idea. We are taking the Sovereign out of Port Canaveral FL, on the 26th. After talking to a few people, Cocoa Beach has much less crazy spring break drunkies than say Daytona Beach or Miami.

I am taking my 15 year old daughter with me and there are several people I am talking to on here that are bringing their kids as well on our cruise.

We would love to have ya'. :D

Depending on where you live and ages, spring breaks will start in late February for some colleges, peak in mid March and continue until the week after Easter.

Most K-12 spring breaks will be either the week before or the week after Easter, and a lot of community colleges, or other 2year institutions will follow that same schedule so that parents are out of school at the same times as their children.

You can expect all of March through the first week of April to be really full of spring breakers.

Spring break for Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourgh County) starts the week of March 17th.

Why would you assume spring break=a bunch of rowdy teenagers:confused: No doubt there will be many kids on-board but you have 2 kids also.

I was on a Carnival cruise the week of spring break 05 and while there were lots of kids, I wouldn't say I noticed lots of rowdy teenagers.

Highlands county in central florida starts it's spring break on March 17th as well. in fact my DW and I are going on Mariner of the seas on March 18th of 2007. In April of this year we went on Milennium (Celebrity) and there were a few hundred kids there. Not bad considering. Florida counties run spring break on different weeks. Highlands is in mid March and the bigger county to the north (Polk) usually the week later. Still any cruise is better than staying home :D

Archived