Do You Miss Work while Cruising?

raina*faith

On my next cruise my husband will be away from work for up to 10 days possibly. Will any of you miss anything from work? :D Endless phone ringing.....etc..

I donot miss work, whether I am cruising or not. I'm retired. :D

But, when I was working and cruising..... I left it all at the office. ;) I always was that way... even working in a high pressure industry, I could always leave it there, even at night or over the weekend. Vacation is a time to relax......

never never never !!!! i am glad when no phone is ringing,, and i dont HAVE to use the computer,, or hear dr's gripe about patients .... :p

id rather be on a cruise , hearing those people gripe..

JK JK JK

but seriously,, i sometimes miss my friends at work, but not the job itself...

You MUST be outta your mind. Miss work. For all I care the place could burn to the ground ( everyone gets out first ).:D

I'll be " missing " work for a month next year b2b on Freedom 12 day Europe, then 14 day Transatlantic. Cannot wait to " miss " work. :D

Tim

I miss work while I am gone. My DH gets really tired of hearing me talk about my Day Care/Pre-School kids and he makes me promise that I can only talk about them 1 time a day!

I e-mail all of my kids and their parents allow them to send messages back to me. :p

On my next cruise my husband will be away from work for up to 10 days possibly.

Will any of you miss anything from work? :D

Endless phone ringing.....etc..

I assume this was meant as a joke question, but I will answer - HECK NO!!!!!

Paul

No, because my DH continues to work while on vacation - i know, I've had 'the talk' with him before. Then he'll sneak out and I'll find him in the lobby with his wireless laptop. "Oh, I was just playing Tetris" Umm, uh...

As for me, I'm working too - as a scenic artist, i'm always looking for interesting textures and light/dark combos. We have tons of pictures of truly unusual items - like rotted leaves. "You go to Tahiti and take photos of rotting vegetation?" My sister is still giving me grief for that one.

Whether you miss work or not, as long as you are having a good time and enjoying yourself, it doesn't really matter.

Charlie

About the only thing I miss is being able to log in to Cruise Critic every morning after I get to my desk, turn on my computer, and sit back with my cup of coffee to see what my fellow posters have to say! :D

Work is secondary....crusing is primary! I may be sitting at my desk, my body toiling and going through the motions - but my mind has me sitting in a chair on my balcony, sipping a drink and watching the sea! Pure Bliss!!

No, because my DH continues to work while on vacation - i know, I've had 'the talk' with him before. Then he'll sneak out and I'll find him in the lobby with his wireless laptop. "Oh, I was just playing Tetris" Umm, uh...

As for me, I'm working too - as a scenic artist, i'm always looking for interesting textures and light/dark combos. We have tons of pictures of truly unusual items - like rotted leaves. "You go to Tahiti and take photos of rotting vegetation?" My sister is still giving me grief for that one.

Whether you miss work or not, as long as you are having a good time and enjoying yourself, it doesn't really matter.

Charlie

While I feel bad for your husband not being able to relax, I don't think of what you do on vacation as "work". To be creative like that is something I definitely admire and envy and it sounds like a lot of fun for you. I'm sure when you are "working" it seems more like work, though :) .

I love my job very much, but no, I do not miss it. I work at a school, so much of the time I'm on a cruise school is closed anyway, there would be nothing for me to do there ;) .

As for my husband, he works hard, 11 hour days, 5 days a week, almost year round. On top of that, he is a type A personality and does all the yardwork, washes the cars, helps with laundry and some housework, runs errands. Then, he helps out his widowed sister half a day a week. When we cruise, I'm delighted to see him do....nothing at all. No, he does not miss any of his work and he relishes all the service provided. Although, he does make the bed and straighten up the cabin before the attendant comes :rolleyes: .

I am fortunate to work as a writer in public radio and it is a fun, stimulating, and creative process that I sometimes miss, particularly if I am working on an upcoming interview with an interesting person.

I don't work full-time but if I did I would probably be less inclined to miss work!

I definitely don't miss work and am good about not thinking about it until about half way through regardless of how long the cruise is. Then, I start to obsess about how many e-mails I have, what blew up when I was gone, is the house in one piece, who is going for the mail etc. Of course, nothing earthshattering has ever happened that someone else didn't take care of so this trip I am going to try to leave it all behind.

HAPPY KS - An old shop foreman told me once that if you love what you do, then you never work a day in your life. That pretty much covers it for both my husband and myself. We've both been pretty fortunate with that.

Like you, I'm attached to a school and I do miss the students when we're gone. I don't miss the working until 2 a.m. hanging lights though...

Charlie

Live for the moment - whichever one you happen to be in.

When I'm on a cruise ship I'm relishing every minute. Plus, I love to email my co-workers to tell them that I'm sitting in an internet cafe on such-and-such island sipping a local beverage:) They must hate me when they get those messages.

I enjoy being at work too - just not quite as much as my vacation time.

Archived