Name and Password?

Aquahound

Yes, I got them today and I fixed it...

Request a new password (cc will email it to you)

Log on and type in your new password. It will be okay after that.

(This has been a problem since they updated their new software).

Thanks, I'll try that. I thought it might have been my computer.

I'm logged on and have been posting for about 2.5 hours. About 15 minutes ago I started getting a pop up box asking for my screen name and password - everytime I even go to look at any CC page. I'm still logged on and don't have to put my password in to post. It's just that stupid pop up box is getting really annoying.

Paul, this has been an intermittent problem for some of the hosts, too, and is being looked into. Sorry you didn't receive a response, but things are a little crazy following the upgrade. Thanks for your patience as they work all the bugs out.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

This will probably be moved and merged into the two threads on the "need help" forums, but hopefully not before you see my response! It's happening everywhere. (Guess I'm one of the undesirables, Carol!:D ) It happened to me a dozen times last night, and then stopped.

However, when it comes up (if you're talking about a white dialogue box in the middle of your screen, asking for user name and password, at the top saying "connecting to boards.cruisecritic.com"), you DON'T NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. It also doesn't have anything to do with being "remembered" when you log in. You can simply "X" the box, or cancel it, and go on as normal. Yes, it's really annoying when it happens a dozen times in a row, but life goes on.

I believe someone on one of the other threads said that on the Celebrity board thread Laura had said she was looking into it. So hopefully it will stop soon. It's not happening today for me.:D

Thanks for posting this..............

I thought it was us........we changed to the new Internet Explorer and I thought it was that............

Yes, it is still going on today.............

Host Karen thanks to you for responding to this..........keep us posted.

I don't really want to change my password either.

Paul, this has been an intermittent problem for some of the hosts, too, and is being looked into. Sorry you didn't receive a response, but things are a little crazy following the upgrade. Thanks for your patience as they work all the bugs out.

Karen

Thank you Karen. The problem seems to have gone away. :) Keep up the great work!

Archived