Age for adult pools???

stoneharborlady

Unfortunatly, she is too young. She must be at least 18 years old to use the adults only pool. However, if she is behaving herself and acting like an adult, chances are no one will question you. Just be prepared to move if you are asked.

Hope that helps...have a great cruise!

I certainly agree with you that it is not right to teach your kid to edge around the rules.

However -- the rules about kids in the "adult" pool are, to say the least, laxly enforced. The fact is that I have seen many kids obviously younger than 17 being allowed to use the adult pool in a responsible fashion without any questions being asked. Perhaps -- teaching your kid that responsible behavior is welcomed in most places is a lesson that she could learn under your supervision.

OTOH she may also learn that just because people are chronologically "adult" is no guarantee of responsible behavior!

>:-)

Whatever you decide --

have a GREAT cruise!

I feel bad for cruisers in this age group... I assume that your 17 year old daughter is mature enough to act in an appropriate way in a pool, so it seems unfair that she should be banished to the children's pool (and its associated germiness.)

I guess the idea for this is to keep "raucous" teens from annoying the adults, but a few well behaved teenagers won't kill anyone.

I recently read a post on here somewhere about a 25 y/o woman being asked to leave the "adults only" pool... she was in it with her 31 y/o husband. :eek:

I feel bad for cruisers in this age group... I assume that your 17 year old daughter is mature enough to act in an appropriate way in a pool, so it seems unfair that she should be banished to the children's pool (and its associated germiness.)

I guess the idea for this is to keep "raucous" teens from annoying the adults, but a few well behaved teenagers won't kill anyone.

I recently read a post on here somewhere about a 25 y/o woman being asked to leave the "adults only" pool... she was in it with her 31 y/o husband. :eek:

Oh thats funny, reminds me of the time my daughter, who was 28, was asked to leave the bar in a restaurant, where she was sitting with me, and her husband. Seems another patron complained that kids should not be permitted to sit at the bar. The 17 year old I referred to at the beginning of this this thread, is my neice, who will be with her parents, and her two aunts this summer on the CB. But we dont wish to break any rules, I dont think it fair. Looks like we will all be at the "Noisy Pool" Karen

On the Diamond we saw two younger girls in the adults only pool with their grandparents. I would guess the girls were probably 15 and 17 or around there. They were very quiet and respectful of the atmosphere of the area. I just thought it was so nice that they wanted to hang out with their grandma and grandpa!! Don't worry about it. :)

Hi Karen.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on our mutual upcoming cruise. Havent seen you in a while on the roll call board. Still up for setting up the meet and greet? I'll help if you like.

Also I have seen grown adults acting like 2 year olds on cruise ships. I think both, your niece and my son, will act and behave as we expect them to, like adults. Nick is so looking forward to going on this cruise and wearing his tux (if it still fits him by then) He was 4 the last time he went with us.

Contact me over at the roll call board for this cruise Karen so we can chat about setting that CC party up.

Patty

Most people won't complain as long the person seems to be around the correct age and is not causing any problems. The only time I have complained, called the pursers office because no one in the SPA area would do anything, was when around 10 or more Teens would just stand in the pool, right in front of the swim with the tide mechanism, making the pool unusable for the swimming, they were also very noisey.(But they were causing problems all over the ship that time.)

On the Crown recently, I invited my 14 year old niece to come and sit with me at the adults only pool while my preschoolers were in the Princess Pelicans club. We planned to sit in the sun and read our books. She is a very quiet, mature girl. It was interesting to note though that up a deck or two, in the area reserved "for teenagers only" all the lounge chairs were taken up by folks who were long past being teenagers! Maybe they were teenagers at heart! :p

buzzsmom

I never saw evidence of any staff members enforcing a minimum age for the adults only pool on the Sun Princess. And I thought it was strange that they tried to designate upper pool in the middle of the Riviera Deck as the adults only pool. We tended to use the aft pool. There were seldom many children in it.

We enforced the age limit for a hot tub when two young boys tried to join us. We asked them where their parents were, since children were not permitted to use the hot tubs without adult supervision. I'm sure they just found another one.

On the Golden Princess, a mother and her two teenagers joined us in a hot tub by the Oasis Pool. Technically they weren't supposed to be there. But they did not misbehave.

The whole problem of children being children is one that I haven't quite decided whom to blame. Partly I see it as the cruise line's fault for having rules that are obviously not enforced--age limits and running, jumping, and diving. But mainly I blame the parents. I wouldn't trust a 10-year-old to run around a ship unsupervised.

On the CB last July, they had Youth Enforcement walking around the entire ship...especially the adult only areas. I saw them kick teenagers and children out on several occasions. I do believe your daughter can sit in the area. It is just the pools that are adult only.

I agree with the poster who said it was not enforced on the Sun . My husband and I went to lie by the pool one day and a woman and her under 2 year old daughter (cute as could be, but still!) in diapers were using the adult pool.

I heard an older couple confront them, and it got a little ugly. I asked someone at the bar to ask security to come. Nothing was done.

I didn't feel like I could use the pool and not be a risk for whatever might or might not be coming out of that diaper. Yuck! Total disregard for anyone else.

I hope it's not a repeated situation on our trip next week on the Dawn.

I don't think they will question a 17 year old who is not causing problems at the pool.

I have seen them enforce it for little kids but if someone looks 18 and they are not causing problems - I don't have a problem with them using the adult pool.

From what I can tell - anyone can lay out near the pool area. It is just adults that are allowed in the pool. So if they should question her, she can still be near the pool area.

I agree with the poster who said it was not enforced on the Sun . My husband and I went to lie by the pool one day and a woman and her under 2 year old daughter (cute as could be, but still!) in diapers were using the adult pool...I didn't feel like I could use the pool and not be a risk for whatever might or might not be coming out of that diaper. Yuck! Total disregard for anyone else.

DH and I experienced a similar situation at the spa pool on the Caribbean Princess. A young mother had two young ones - both obviously in diapers - in the pool with her. I gestured toward the sign that indicated ADULTS ONLY, and the mother assured me that she was keeping the toddlers on the steps and that they were not really in the pool. :rolleyes:

The young mom may have thought that she had gotten her own way when DH and I left the pool. We went into the Lotus Spa to report the rule infraction and, a few minutes later, the mom and her diapered darlings were told by the Spa manager that the children could not be in the pool.

Chris

My wife and I have been on Carnival and RCL. Adult only pools were not enforced on Carnival and not available on our RCL ship. Carnival did enforce their adult only topless deck, but I've heard they are doing away with this area. Does Princess have a similar area where tops are optional?

My wife and I have 3 kids and sometimes it's nice to enjoy a quiet hour or two.

I just don't understand this - with all the pools on the ships, why can't people just leave the adult pool be for the adults? Why do people feel they deserve to buck the system when there are more pools that accomodate younger people than the one adult only pool?

I just don't understand this - with all the pools on the ships, why can't people just leave the adult pool be for the adults? Why do people feel they deserve to buck the system when there are more pools that accomodate younger people than the one adult only pool?

I was not trying to buck the system. I was only asking what the age limit was, since it has been a few years since I was on the ship, and dont remember any age posted. To be honest, when I was on the CB, I never saw a young person, only adults in both adults only pools.

Actually this violates most city liquor laws, at least I know it does here. :)

I have been a bartender forever and it does not violate the law in Florida. That said, pick a table with young children. If with teens and are eating, it can be ok but I still do not encourage it.

The point of her quote was that people misjudged her age, she was 28, and mistaken for a child.

I agree with the poster who said it was not enforced on the Sun . My husband and I went to lie by the pool one day and a woman and her under 2 year old daughter (cute as could be, but still!) in diapers were using the adult pool...I didn't feel like I could use the pool and not be a risk for whatever might or might not be coming out of that diaper. Yuck! Total disregard for anyone else.

DH and I experienced a similar situation at the spa pool on the Caribbean Princess. A young mother had two young ones - both obviously in diapers - in the pool with her. I gestured toward the sign that indicated ADULTS ONLY, and the mother assured me that she was keeping the toddlers on the steps and that they were not really in the pool. :rolleyes:

The young mom may have thought that she had gotten her own way when DH and I left the pool. We went into the Lotus Spa to report the rule infraction and, a few minutes later, the mom and her diapered darlings were told by the Spa manager that the children could not be in the pool.

Chris

I can't imagine putting children in diapers in a pool or hot tub. If there is a mishap in the diaper, it could cause disease I would think. I know that some cruise ships have had to close their hot tubs because of disease infections until they could be properly disinfected. It's so easy for "things" to slip out a leg hole of a diaper!:p

Archived