Couple fall off balcony

drfun48

Can you say "drunk"? Just like the idiot who fell off the Carnival ship a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not so sure...if drunk the ability to stay afloat for four hours would be amazing. It's merely speculation , but I'm thinking sex,and pretty athletic at that.

I'm not so sure...if drunk the ability to stay afloat for four hours would be amazing. It's merely speculation , but I'm thinking sex,and pretty athletic at that.

The guy who fell off the Carnival ship two weeks ago admitted he was drinking heavily and was quite drunk and he survived 8 hours in the water. He was extremely overweight; I'm wondering if the fact that he had more fat helped keep him afloat?

They said that the man was naked in the water this time, so I think sex on top of the railing or something...

I have a balcony room for my honeymoon in 7 months, and at first all these stories made me nervous like the ship lists and throws people over, but I think most are stupidity and alcohol related... so I am not so scared anymore!

The least the couple could have done was to stay as close together in the water as they evidently were on the balcony. Makes it a lot easier for the rescuers. Since they were picked up a half hour apart, they apparently ignored that cardinal rule

They said that the man was naked in the water this time, so I think sex on top of the railing or something...

I have a balcony room for my honeymoon in 7 months, and at first all these stories made me nervous like the ship lists and throws people over, but I think most are stupidity and alcohol related... so I am not so scared anymore!

The railings are fairly high. I figure if people were falling off from the ship listing, a lot more would fall off than one or two...

I personally think that if you fall off your balcony or get pushed or whatever you are to much of a danger to yourself and others I mean seriously the railings are like what chest high? I mean thats no easy task to fall over unless you were climbing over the furniture or on the railings and you were a little to drunk or even drunk enough not to realize what you were doing. I would like to know their side.

The railings are fairly high. I figure if people were falling off from the ship listing, a lot more would fall off than one or two...

Oh I totally know that now after looking at cruise pictures, but when I was considering a cruise for the honeymoon as a newbie, I was thrown back a little. I won't even lean on the railing AT ALL I bet because I am a chicken!

The least the couple could have done was to stay as close together in the water as they evidently were on the balcony. Makes it a lot easier for the rescuers. Since they were picked up a half hour apart, they apparently ignored that cardinal rule

Perhaps it was mostly one person's fault they went over, so they were not too happy with one another:confused: ?

Seriously, I bet it is surprisingly easy to get separated in the ocean. I don't intend to find out personally, however, if I can help it.

My DH thinks of the whole story in Inspector Clouseau (Pink Panther) point of view. The man was leaning against the balcony railing in his evening clothes. The woman was in the cabin and was stuck by his pose and wanted him madly and rushed to his arms. Before she got there he saw a coin on the floor and bent down to pick it up. Meanwhile she was continuing to run to him and flew over the balcony when he wasn't there to catch her. And then the "gentleman" realized she was in the water and took off all of his formal clothes except his underwear and dived into the water and just like in the movies his shorts come off as he hit the water. And since he entered the water after a delay he was was no where near her.:D

Since Princess has released a statement saying both the man and woman do not want their names nor details of the accident released, the above conjecture is as good as any.:rolleyes:

I think I'm with the "weeding out the gene pool" theory. I do wonder, though - why do people get stupid drunk when they've spent all that money to go on a cruise/vacation? Even when I was young, I never really wanted to miss things that I spent alot of money for... With more and more people traveling abroad, and on cruises - it seems like we need a "Vactioning for Dummies" book that tells people - if you're on a cruise, don't fall off the boat, if you're in a third world country, don't get so drunk you can't take care of yourself.... I went to Liberia (NOT a vacation hotspot) and there was a man on the plane that was SO drunk he couldn't walk. The customs people laughingly dragged him off the plane and put him in a back room - and I don't know about you, but that just doesn't seem like a good, safe situation to me. (I'm sure he was fine - Liberia is FULL of UN people)... The only good news, he wasn't an American so people couldn't use the "stupid American" jokes....:D

My DH thinks of the whole story in Inspector Clouseau (Pink Panther) point of view. The man was leaning against the balcony railing in his evening clothes. The woman was in the cabin and was stuck by his pose and wanted him madly and rushed to his arms. Before she got there he saw a coin on the floor and bent down to pick it up. Meanwhile she was continuing to run to him and flew over the balcony when he wasn't there to catch her. And then the "gentleman" realized she was in the water and took off all of his formal clothes except his underwear and dived into the water and just like in the movies his shorts come off as he hit the water. And since he entered the water after a delay he was was no where near her.:D

I love it. Next scene --

When the alarm was raised, a lifeboat was lowered to try to find them. At the same time, all the passengers rushed to that side of the ship and tried to help by tossing their life preservers overboard, swamping the lifeboat, obscuring the swimmers, and causing the ship to tilt..............:D

In one of the newspaper articles it said a friend of the man reported that she fell in and he jumped in after her to save her.

If he jumped in to save her - and he was stark naked - this does not make sense

Not only that, but what was he planning to do if he caught up with her in the water? Jump back onto the balcony? All he did was ensure that there were two people in danger instead of one! Heroic motives on his part or not, they're both idiots. I had an uncle who used to say "There's nothing as uncommon as common sense."

HI

interessting thread- but i guess everybody can imagine what they have done on their balcony this time at night- naked- as reported. Seems that all of a sudden it got out of hand...! One could describe it as " one night fall" ! :)

Greetings

Michael

Now watch them sue the cruise line for not warning that wild, crazy, drunken, sex on the railing of your balcony can lead to serious bodily harm and possibly death. In this day of age of lawsuits ....I wouldn't be surprised!!! Somehow you know that their irresponsible behavior will, in the end, be blamed on the cruise line in some twisted way.

Nancy

Archived