Live from the Spirit !!!

Wennfred

Day 4 Port Day, Mazatlan

Another wonderful dreamy sleep after a late night show. I tell you, the Carnival Bedding System, once you lay down you are knocked out. We got up at 8am and had to be down at the pier at 9am to meet Alfredo, one of Mazatlan Franks associates. It was a 7 hour Historical City tour with Shopping and Beach/Pool at the Playa Mazatlan Hotel. We were picked up in a nice air conditioned van, there 8 of us on this tour. We saw a very beauiful Cathedral and took a tour of the whole town, including South and North Beaches, drove by some of the nice residental areas in a place called Golden Zone, thats where we shopped also. Then we stayed at the Playa Mazatlan Hotel, a very nice hotel with pools and a killer beach with a view from the back the hotel and the restaurant where we ate our lunch. We had a nice lunch there. I had Carne Asada, Steak Strips with Mexican style rice and beans. Wendy had the Rice and Shrimp. The food and service was awesome. After we layed out by the pool and took in some rays. 7 hours later we were heading back to the ship, the group what was with us had to be back to the ship by 4pm. There are 3 ships in port Carnival Spirit, Princess Diamond and Vison of the Seas,so everything and or everywhere was crowded including the Terminal. We saw Randy from Randy's Happy Horses and chatted with her for a while since we know her pretty well. We also ran into some of our Roll Call members that were taking Randys Horse Riding excursion. Mazatlan Franks City tour was very long but since you are riding in a A/C van that made it very comfortable. We were done with the City Tour part by noon, both Wendy and I felt a little bored but once we got to the Hotel we started to wake up again, we were eating and happy and glad to see the beach.

We returned to the ship at 4pm and had some lido food, Wendy headed for the Grille to get some Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers and Fries while I waited in a long line to get my Grilled Tuna on White, my favorite. Back to our cabin to take a nice nap. No sure whats going on for Dinner tonight but I will post on it later.

Tonights Show is Singin' With the Big Band, Carnival's Ambassador of Swing Ned Rifken, thats about it, no Comedy or Magic shows tonight.

Fred

thank goodness you're back! did you see the 6 pages of "where's Fred?" "Uh-Oh, where did he go? hope he didn't lose his signal, we need our fix." posts? (LOL, my posts among them).

i can't believe how hooked i am knowing how every second of your vacation is going. i feel nosey! :p

thanks for all of the great info. and wendy is such a sport to let you do this!

Thanks Wendy!!!

ugh. something is wrong w/ the boards. posts are goin to WSOD, doubles are showing up, and new posts are not bumping the thread. sound familiar? LOL:D

anyway, lost all that i just typed. here goes again. i don't know if you saw the earlier post, but cld you try to get some info on the proposed spirit class renovations? i am wondering what the plans are for the adult aft area. also curious if the slide will be affected (i.e. removed) b/c of its location on that class (pure aft). if you get to gabbing w/ anyone, cld ya see what, if anything, they know. thanks! ~ trish

..Internet is down again tonight, so I will post this in the Morning or when I return from my Mazatlan Frank tour...

internet down, but you had so much typed. what are you doing?

are you typing posts in notepad then when all done, pasting them at once? Smart... saves $ from being wasted too when you are paying by the minute.

I LOVE the pic of you and Wendy! Great shot!~ oh..and that cliff diver looks like he is headed straight for the rocks! Talk about giving the spectators a thrill!

Thanks Fred. I am really enjoying this.

Thanks, That Cliff Diver bearly made it.:confused:

Fred

Fred,

You are bringing back some great memories from our cruise in 2005 and I hope you continue to have a great time. I can't believe what an ambassador to cruising you are and truly appreciate your day by day. We will be on the Spirit next Sunday headed for Hawaii and I can hardly wait for the day. Three more days and we will be on Vacation and headed to San Diego. You have certainly upped my anticipation. Thanks again!

Ken

Hi Fred! Trust me, if I could fly down to meet you both for a drink I would. I'll just have to wait it out til it's my turn in October. We are taking my mother-in-law with us for her first cruise. She and I are driving my hubby insane with our daily countdowns!

You and Wendy look lovely! Wish we could join you......in the meantime, we will live through your live feeds! Your daily posts are truly wonderful reads!

Janet:D

Hi Fred! Trust me, if I could fly down to meet you both for a drink I would. I'll just have to wait it out til it's my turn in October. We are taking my mother-in-law with us for her first cruise. She and I are driving my hubby insane with our daily countdowns!

You and Wendy look lovely! Wish we could join you......in the meantime, we will live through your live feeds! Your daily posts are truly wonderful reads!

Janet:D

Hi Janet, we are taking our Mother-in-law also, next April on the Freedom, out of Miami, it will be her first cruise also :confused:

Fred

Hi Fred! Love the pic of you and Wendy. Very nice! I see you went to the Playa. Chris and I went there when we were in Mazatlan. That's where I got my hair braided. We hung out with cruisinchick (Jennifer) a little there. Me and Jen are trying to put together a cruise.....Dec. '08. Maybe you and Wen could join us? And if you're listening Kim maybe you too??? Would be fun!!! Anyways.....tell Wen I said hi!

Hi Fred! Love the pic of you and Wendy. Very nice! I see you went to the Playa. Chris and I went there when we were in Mazatlan. That's where I got my hair braided. We hung out with cruisinchick (Jennifer) a little there. Me and Jen are trying to put together a cruise.....Dec. '08. Maybe you and Wen could join us? And if you're listening Kim maybe you too??? Would be fun!!! Anyways.....tell Wen I said hi!

Vicky what ship and port in Dec of 08?

Fred

Fred, I wish you and Wendy would put off sailing on the Freedom for two weeks so you can sail with us...:(

Sorry Gumballz, we could only book April 5th 2008 on the Freedom, I can't remember why. Something to do with our schedule.

Fred

Fred...hubby just reminded me that he can't go in December. It's a blackout month for Walmart. So it will have to be Jan. '09. I know that's a ways off but...:o....anyways.....something out of Dego or Long Beach. I don't really care. Just wanna cruise with my CC friends!

yep, we had a blast hanging out on the beach...thank you so much fred for posting this thread!! you guys look great!!!

Archived