Bath robes?

Just curious to know if all cabins have robes. We have a balcony on the Serenade in a couple of weeks and I know when I was on the Miracle (Carnival) that all the rooms had them. Also all rooms do have hair dryers correct? It's been about 5 years since I have been on RCI!

Thanks!

Only the suites and diamond members get robes--BUT, you can ask for them. Sometimes you'll get them, sometimes, not! Best to bring your own! Yes--all cabins have hair dryers (for what they're worth!) I bring my own dryer, too!

Only the suites and diamond members get robes--BUT, you can ask for them. Sometimes you'll get them, sometimes, not! Best to bring your own! Yes--all cabins have hair dryers (for what they're worth!) I bring my own dryer, too!

I think Platinum members can get them also.

actually it is platinum and above & suites

I have always gotten them in the past - i am still only a Gold. When did this change? I sailed HAL for the first time this year - and everyone on HAL gets them. I will definitly be asking for one. I can't stand to get dressed right after I shower - even more so on vacation!

Kathy

I have always gotten them in the past - i am still only a Gold. When did this change? I sailed HAL for the first time this year - and everyone on HAL gets them. I will definitly be asking for one. I can't stand to get dressed right after I shower - even more so on vacation!

Kathy

Everyone in Carnival gets them too, and boy are they fluffy and wonderful! Love sitting in my bathrobe, drinking coffee on the balcony...

The hair dryer works fine for me and I have short, not too thick hair. If your hair is thick and or long you may want to bring your own. The dryers on the ship are not real powerful.

Hmm...I wonder why we had robes on our first-ever cruise in February '07? We stayed in a D1 balcony cabin. We weren't in a suite, and weren't even gold yet, but we sure had robes in our cabin closet. Interesting... it made me think we will always have robes.

Guess someone made a mistake??? :eek:

TravlGrl, I hope that they weren't overlooked and left behind (yikes!) by the previous Platinum or above cruisers that sailed in your cabin!

We asked our cabin steward for robes on our last two cruises when we were gold and had no problem getting them (but we were in a Junior Suite).

Just ask. They probably have plenty of them floating around.

Will they supply robes if you ask if you are not gold, plat or otherwise and not in an upgrade (but an inside) cabin? Or should I just plan to bring my own?

p.s. I was planning to bring my own anyway.

Asking for them is always an option, however as already said it´s Platinum & above and Suite guests getting them.

If all those are served and there´s still robes left and your steward is willing and able to get you some you will get them, but ti´s not guaranteed.

We had a junior suite on the Serenade and we had robes. It was our first cruise.

We had the JS on the Voyager of the Seas, no robes...but that sailing has made us Platinum so hopefully we'll have them from now on. :D

Robes are standard on all Carnival cruises. Wonder why they are not on RCCL with the inflated prices??????

Because that is a choice that Carnival has made, to put capital into providing that particular amenity. RC has made a business decision to put their capital into other things. And RC's prices aren't inflated. Like Carnival's, they are what the market will bear at any particular time and place.

I'll be on my first platinum cruise in about 4 weeks. Sailing with my DD who is under 18. Will there be only one robe, or does the stateroom gets robes, i.e. 2 robes. I signed her up for the kids C&A which starts on the May 19 sailings, so she will be kids platinum on our sailing. Maybe a sponge bob robe for her?:D

Because that is a choice that Carnival has made, to put capital into providing that particular amenity. RC has made a business decision to put their capital into other things. And RC's prices aren't inflated. Like Carnival's, they are what the market will bear at any particular time and place.

I second that!!

The DH and I made a last minute decision to try RCI for a 4-day anniversary trip. The ship was almost totally booked with no balcony cabins available. We decided who cares it's 4 days. We will be in ports and no sea days so we would not miss it. The thing we will miss is the robes always available on the other lines we sailed. I emailed RCI and asked about robes in our ocean view cabin and this is the repsonse. I removed the CSR's name.

thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate this opportunity to respond.

Regarding your inquiry, robes are only available in the following categories:

ROYAL SUITE

OWNERS SUITES (Category A or OS)

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Customer Service Representative

We will ask once on board as someone suggested.

The DH and I made a last minute decision to try RCI for a 4-day anniversary trip. The ship was almost totally booked with no balcony cabins available. We decided who cares it's 4 days. We will be in ports and no sea days so we would not miss it. The thing we will miss is the robes always available on the other lines we sailed. I emailed RCI and asked about robes in our ocean view cabin and this is the repsonse. I removed the CSR's name.

thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate this opportunity to respond.

Regarding your inquiry, robes are only available in the following categories:

ROYAL SUITE

OWNERS SUITES (Category A or OS)

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Customer Service Representative

We will ask once on board as someone suggested.

Linda, that's why you don't ask land-based Customer Service.

It's pretty irrelevant to what you will find on board.

When you board, ask your cabin attendant very nicely for two robes. No guarantees, but chances are VERY GOOD that s/he will produce them for you.

:)

Archived