On tv screen charges

bmweezer

Nope, and have not caught wind of any future plans to make this available either. It would be nice if they would, but I don't look for it anytime soon. :(

I would think it would really cut down those lines at the pursers desk that seem to exist on every Princess ship we have sailed on.

Guess they figure no excuse is needed. Can't believe however they didn't install something like this on the Crown and Emerald and then start retrofitting the rest of the ships.

If you want to monitor your onboard account, pick a time when there's no line at the purser's desk.

It boggles my mind !!!

So what are the best times & days to go & get a print out. I would imagine the last day is the worst !

Since we pass the pursers desk many times during the cruise, we have found that stopping by in the evening is a great time to get a print out of our account if we are curious to make sure it is correct.

But you are definitely correct that the last 24-36 hours onboard there is usually a long line except late at night.

So what are the best times & days to go & get a print out. I would imagine the last day is the worst !
Whenever the purser's desk is quiet. The middle of port days are good. Late evenings are good. Early mornings are good. It's always good to get one before the last full day, so you can get the bulk of the checking done and you can start the process of getting mistakes sorted out. But I'll usually pick one up every couple of days, anyway - it really is no hassle and you walk past the purser's desk once every so often in any event.

I find going late the day before the last full day is best. Or early in the morning on the last full day.

But I agree. it seems like the incremental cost to do this, especially on the newer, larger ships, would make it worth their while. Or drop it to an intranet page so that you could get it electronically that way.

:rolleyes: Can you call the purser's desk to get a balance?

That is something I have not heard of before as what they do is give you a print out of all your charges when you go to the pursers desk. But I would doubt they would give the total to you over the phone.

That is something I have not heard of before as what they do is give you a print out of all your charges when you go to the pursers desk. But I would doubt they would give the total to you over the phone.

But maybe they would mail it to your cabin?

Just think how much less paper would be generated if this system were in place, and how much more productive work the pursers staff might be able to get done if they didn't have to provide updated reports to all who ask? Princess claims that it isn't cost effective to install such a system even on its new builds, but that doesn't seem to have stopped its competitors from doing so, nor all of the major hotel chains that I have stayed with. Perhaps they really don't want most of their guests to know how much they are spending on their cruise until it is over.:rolleyes:

Nope.

And truly I don't care. We go, enjoy ourselves for a week, don't buy anything outlandish, do most excursions on our own.

Soda cards, Sterlings, and drinks.

Have never gone over $600 total yet? Even with an excursion or two.:)

I don't think the issue is what you really spend, but more of a chance to make sure it is right. There have been several threads about mistakes in th efolio that took a lot of time to get corrected towards the end of the cruise.

I don't think the issue is what you really spend, but more of a chance to make sure it is right. There have been several threads about mistakes in th efolio that took a lot of time to get corrected towards the end of the cruise.

I agree with you, but one of Princess' strongest defenders of the status quo has claimed that according to a survey conducted by Carnival after it had installed an interactive system, spending by guests was lower once they had ready access to their accounts on the stateroom TVs, and this was among the reasons that Princess was reluctant to have such a system on their ships. Frankly, I don't think that Princess would ever admit to such a callous attitude towards its guests.:rolleyes:

Archived