Argggg,these Boards Again!!!!

Colo Cruiser

P.S. And by the way I am well aware that this is a free site.:rolleyes:

It is?

Looks to me like there are lots of ads that are paying for the privilege to be here.

It may be free for us as average posters, but there are advertisers paying $$ to catch our eyes as we post and read.

Hi there!

It's something we're working on. Hopefully the issues will be resolved

soon. I have the same performance issues so I understand your

frustration.

If further help is needed, please reply to this message.

Take care,

Cecilia

Community Assistant

Cruise Critic

Hi there!

It's something we're working on. Hopefully the issues will be resolved

soon. I have the same performance issues so I understand your

frustration.

If further help is needed, please reply to this message.

Take care,

Cecilia

Community Assistant

Cruise Critic

Thank You Cecilia for at least giving us some ray of hope. The last couple of days have been down right crazy here on CC. Appreciate you keeping us a little informed at least. ;)

...............P.S. And by the way I am well aware that this is a free site.:rolleyes:

It is a free site to us, but not the advertisers. If I was advertising on this site (and in essence paying the freight) and saw a bunch of disgruntled users....... then I would be concerned. :(

This has been going on for a long time. I remember when CC used to have a list at the bottom showing who was active on the site..... and we all thought the removal of that list would clear things up.

What gets me is sometimes I am on a "o'dark thirty" when I should be the only one awake..... and the site tanks.

:D ;) My advise...... do a "Control C" of your message before hitting "Submit Reply" in case it is lost in CC cyber space.

It seems that CC is under TripAdvisor which is part and parcel of EXPEDIA.

This is from the Expedia/TripAdvisor site.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/jobs_open_positions.html

PHP Developer

Job ID #: 6628

Company: Cruise Critic

Functional Area: Engineering

Employment Type: Full-Time Regular

Education Required: Bachelors

Experience Required: 3-5 Years

Relocation Provided: To be determined

Position Description

Position Description

We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced PHP developer to play a key role in coding our message board platform and in the coming months rewrite our core platform as well as provide product development support. The ability to write code quickly and accurately is a requirement. A passion for new web technologies, rapid build and release cycles are a must. The successful candidate will communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a team. Must document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously.

Required Skills

• 4+ years server side web development in PHP 4.x OR 5.x mulit-tiered environment

• vBulletin knowledge a plus

• Experience with version control software SVN or CVS

• MySQL and RDBMS proficiency

• JavaScript / DHTML programming experience

• Strong object-oriented programming skills

Education

Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university

About Us

The Independent Traveler, Inc., is publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind, reaching over five million unique visitors each year. The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, the largest travel community in the world and an operating company of Expedia, Inc. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We are located in central New Jersey, near Princeton.

It appears that a true remedy is a long way off.

It is a free site to us, but not the advertisers. If I was advertising on this site (and in essence paying the freight) and saw a bunch of disgruntled users....... then I would be concerned. :(

This has been going on for a long time. I remember when CC used to have a list at the bottom showing who was active on the site..... and we all thought the removal of that list would clear things up.

What gets me is sometimes I am on a "o'dark thirty" when I should be the only one awake..... and the site tanks.

:D ;) My advise...... do a "Control C" of your message before hitting "Submit Reply" in case it is lost in CC cyber space.

I also agree about the advertisers. I know in that the last few days I have cut back coming on this board because it is so terrible. Now if a lot of people did that something may happen. Who knows. This a.m. already lost two posts. Hope this one goes through.

marilyn

Search takes forever and most take more than the 180 seconds allotment. Usually get a fatal error before the search is complete. Arrrrrrrg.

It's absolutely ridiculous... and the search problems have been an issue as long as I can remember.

Without the search feature, this site is useless as a resource.

You would think now that the CC is owned by the TripAdvisor that they would provide the necessary resources to make this a smooth sailing site..

It's my understanding that Expedia owns Trip Advisor so maybe that's the problem. I have yet to enter flight info on Expedia and have it show me anything...it just sits there. Then I have to go elsewhere to book.

It seems that CC is under TripAdvisor which is part and parcel of EXPEDIA.

This is from the Expedia/TripAdvisor site.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/jobs_open_positions.html

It appears that a true remedy is a long way off.

That does not bode well.

If they still have to hire the guy / gal to fix this sluggish underperforming slug of a site then we are in for this frustrating head banging exercise for a long time.

I have never seen such a slow unresponsive site that only gets my posts there half the time. They better get their act together.

Archived