Argggg,these Boards Again!!!!

Colo Cruiser

I too am starting to have a hard time with this site. I have a brand

new computer, and it's speedy with every site except CC,and when

I try to log on at work, it's slower than molasses:eek:

Everything has been working beautifully since last march, but now

I am starting to experience all the bad things that others have mentioned...

The way I look at it is.........The site is free and some one somewhere is providing the service out of the goodness of their heart (OK a few fairly discreet adverts probably help the finances) and I have had a load of free information.

We could all pay a subscription fee????:eek:

The way I look at it is.........The site is free and some one somewhere is providing the service out of the goodness of their heart (OK a few fairly discreet adverts probably help the finances) and I have had a load of free information.

I agree as I wouldn't mind paying a nominal charge. IMHO, it's definitely worth it.

I agree as I wouldn't mind paying a nominal charge. IMHO, it's definitely worth it.

Does that mean if you double post you would pay twice!?! :D

I agree, the site is worth a 'nominal' membership fee if that will solve the problem. But think of all the complaints if people are paying members and it still has problems!!

This site is so valuable to so many people that it is bound to increase in popularity as the word gets out. Hopefully 'they' can correct the problems and keep it running efficiently!

Dot

It took me TWENTY MINUTES to read the last two pages of this thread because the page repeatedly would not load. I'm sorry, but if paying a subscription fee is what it takes to fix this, then I'm all for it. As it is, these problems are making it more of a chore than a pleasure to read these boards.

:mad: .....It is the worst I have seen........I try to submit a post............get a long blank screen ......and then get an error message.....so I post again and find out the first one went through........now I have a double post......ten minutes later......:mad: :mad:

now to see what happens with this when I try to submit this.....

I tried to load this page twenty minutes ago. It wouldn't load from Favourites (tried three times). I then Googled cruise critic but it wouldn't load from there either. I then tried cruisecritic.co.uk (new site) and got the Home page. I clicked on Forums and got the page with all the catgories on. It wouldn't load the Princess board - I got timed out. I then tried Favorites again and got on the board. I can't read the second page of any threads and some threads won't open at all. It took a long time for this Reply page to open. All very frustrating. I'd be happy to pay a small subscription to improve the quality:eek: :eek: :eek:

Probably worse on Sunday night when everyone is the world seems to be on their computers and too many people are trying to log on. I remember when Queen Elizabeth opened a royal website and no one could get on because it was too crowded. I agree that CC needs to expand its capabilities.

I usually don't show my signature unless I'm trying to give some advice that might be better heeded if the readers knew it came from someone who's done a whole lot of cruising. If some are offended, that's tough. Maybe I should just mention how many hundred days I've cruised and on how many ships. Personally, I get a kick out of remembering cruise lines from the past that no longer exist and I really do enjoy looking at other people's lists and seeing familiar ships mentioned.

Free? It's not free to the advertisers. They pay.

CC has said many times they will not charge a fee.

If they did, only 10% (if that) would pay.

You'd have the same, few people on the boards.

The other 90% would migrate to other free boards.

Just my opinion, of course.

I know I am bringing up an older thread and I really hate to be a "poop" about this but the board is really giving me fits. Duplicate posts, freezes out, etc. For a few days it was not too bad but this a.m. I could not even get on some of the forums.

Marilyn

I haven't perused these boards for about a year. Now, my wife and I are planning another cruise and we wanted to get the 411 on the ship and itenerary. I NEVER remembered the boards being this slow. The search thread function is about useless.

Statistics show that if a page doesn't load within 7 seconds, then people tend to leave the site. I must admit, many pages take longer than 7 seconds to load. I don't know what web engine you folks are using, but it needs to be tuned. From what I've read it is frustrating when the people who run this site aren't commenting.

I use the internet quite a bit and I can tell you that this site ranks amongst the slowest that I have been to.

Something really needs to be done about this, but more importantly, someone needs to address this.

I haven't perused these boards for about a year. Now, my wife and I are planning another cruise and we wanted to get the 411 on the ship and itenerary. I NEVER remembered the boards being this slow. The search thread function is about useless.

Statistics show that if a page doesn't load within 7 seconds, then people tend to leave the site. I must admit, many pages take longer than 7 seconds to load. I don't know what web engine you folks are using, but it needs to be tuned. From what I've read it is frustrating when the people who run this site aren't commenting.

I use the internet quite a bit and I can tell you that this site ranks amongst the slowest that I have been to.

Something really needs to be done about this, but more importantly, someone needs to address this.

Sorry but I don't quite "get" this.

The site is free to us and as I said before an invaluable source of information.

Yes it is slow and quite often I don't wait for the site to load so I come back later.

What do you expect "someone" to do? If you had invested some money I would agree with the posts but as its free.....

Popularity seams to have a price, and I have time which is all it costs me

It has slowed down the last few days, I agree on that. But up until this last episode, it was one of the fastest message boards I have ever used this past year. There is a problem somewhere, let's just hope they find it and fix it soon. Now, this AM, I have had very little trouble compared to the last few days, so maybe they are working on it.

Archived