Argggg,these Boards Again!!!!

Colo Cruiser

I have the periodic problem here also, with duplicate posts, etc.

I am not computer literate, but I should think that all the excess verbiage and cruise histories after the signature can't help but slow down the system and increase the workload for the servers.

I am not computer literate, but I should think that all the excess verbiage and cruise histories after the signature can't help but slow down the system and increase the workload for the servers.

Oh Michael, I think you've got the January grumps! I like to see all the cruise histories and verbiage. I've had a horrible flu bug for over two weeks (think most of the UK have got it / had it) and it cheers me up no end to read the histories, twinkly signatures, funny aviators (sp?)etc. As well as the posts of course. Back on thread, the board seems more accessible this afternoon. It's blowing a gale and pouring down with rain in London. Roll on the cruise (please don't let anyone tell me that we'll get a typhoon)!

Ros

I don't think I have the January grumps - just stating an opinion re slowness of the boards.

I do empathize with your flu bug. Our Scot son-in-law passed it on to us last Aug when we visited the grandkiddies down in Woking, Kent. It was a horrible bug that took better part of a month to shake.

OK, back again. I have to admit, I have had the boards running a bit on the slower side this AM. So maybe it is like a wave that is slowly creeping to everyone. So far, not too bad though, it only happens once in awhile. Nothing like previous problems a year or so ago, YET!

I'm having frequent problems: posts taking forever to post (5+ minutes); posts that never make it, i.e., freeze and don't post; threads that don't open; etc. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is.

S L O W for me too!! The last few days have been horrible!! All times of the day, and night!! When it does that, i always check out some other websites i go to, and THOSE are always running fine, it seems to be THIS board, at least in MY case!:eek: :(

I'm with you on the cruise histories & signatures junk. Some people take up almost half a page with all that stuff. It must slow things down, just imagine how many pages could be saved if they weren't there.

You can go to User CP and then edit options and uncheck the see signatures box to hide the signatures. This lets you have more posts per page. I usually hid them, but agree sometimes it is fun to see them. Always amazed by how many cruises some people take.

I thought you were all nuts...lol :p but than I couldn't get on this afternoon and just a minute ago messed up. Maybe they are working on the site?? :confused: I hope this post doesn't show up a dozen times...it will not go thru now :(

I have to agree with Colo and Pam. I cannot begin to tell you how many posts that I have lost, and it does take more than 5 minutes to post or it freezes etc. It has particularly been bad the last week. It is not my server because I can get into other sites really fast. Also once a week I clean out the cookies so that is not that either.

Marilyn

I agree with you I'm having the same on again off again problems. I now copy every post or else would spend a lot of time re typing!

Dianne

Yep ... and you never know when it's going to happen. You can being sailing (so to speak) along just fine at high-speed and all of a sudden everything come to a complete stop. This morning I couldn't even get between thread topics. Finally just signed off. Tonight all is fine.

I don't think I have the January grumps - just stating an opinion re slowness of the boards.

I do empathize with your flu bug. Our Scot son-in-law passed it on to us last Aug when we visited the grandkiddies down in Woking, Kent. It was a horrible bug that took better part of a month to shake.

Apologies, Michael - was just having a little fun.;) Yes - I've had this bug since Christmas and can't seem to get rid of it - it keeps coming back. On a cheerier note I had no trouble at all getting on the board this morning or in moving between threads. Do you think those in charge actually read these threads? It seems that they do. Another wet, dark, miserable day here in London. Roll on Summer.

The boards are terrible just now, I have a brand new computer, 4 weeks old, high speed internet service and no trouble on any other sites, just this one. It takes ages to download, ages to upload and always freezes so I have to ctrl alt del on one particular board, the roll call. I know it can't be me or my service or my computer so what gives???!!!

Terry

and this will probably take ages to upload

The boards are terrible just now, I have a brand new computer, 4 weeks old, high speed internet service and no trouble on any other sites, just this one. It takes ages to download, ages to upload and always freezes so I have to ctrl alt del on one particular board, the roll call. I know it can't be me or my service or my computer so what gives???!!!

Terry

and this will probably take ages to upload

There is ONE particular thread that i subscribe to that I can NEVER get to download!!:eek: It is SO frustrating!! One minute it will be working fine, then 2 minutes later it times out, won't load, etc.! Guess maybe this site is TOO popular!!:eek: ;)

It is now 7:27a.m. on the Pacific coast on a Sunday and it took forever for me to post on this thread. Guess there is still problems with site.:mad:

Marilyn

P.S. it took a few minutes for this to post, i got the dreaded stuck, hit the submit again and then I got the sentence about waiting 30 seconds to post again so now I am going to try again.

Archived