Argggg,these Boards Again!!!!

Colo Cruiser

Sorry but I don't quite "get" this.

The site is free to us and as I said before an invaluable source of information.

Yes it is slow and quite often I don't wait for the site to load so I come back later.

What do you expect "someone" to do? If you had invested some money I would agree with the posts but as its free.....

Popularity seams to have a price, and I have time which is all it costs me

It is tough because when it works correctly we get spoiled. :)

Sorry but I don't quite "get" this.

The site is free to us and as I said before an invaluable source of information.

Yes it is slow and quite often I don't wait for the site to load so I come back later.

What do you expect "someone" to do? If you had invested some money I would agree with the posts but as its free.....

Popularity seams to have a price, and I have time which is all it costs me

You took everything I said the wrong way. I'm going on other posts in this thread. It sounds like the people who run this site aren't addressing the problem. Perhaps they could tell us that traffic is at an all time or that their servers have issues or are outdated. I certainly don't want seem like I am complaining because this site is free. As others have said, I'd even pay a modest membership fee if that would help with upgrades and increased traffic.

I have found it extremely slow the past week or so. Another message board I frequent a lot (FT are its initials) use the same message board software since it looks almost identical to this. Absolutely no comparison to the slowness here though. And I am sure the other board gets at least as much traffic as this one does. It must be a super slow server/host. Hopefully they will get it corrected soon.

Before clicking Submit Reply I always go to the body of my reply, hold CTRL A down then CTRL C to copy my reply into the clipboard. That way if it freezes or gets lost, I don't have to retype everything.

I would have agreed with you about it seeming worse in the evenings, but then I'm usually only on in the evenings. Today, though, I attempted to get onto the boards all afternoon and they never loaded -- only about 5pm did things start working sporadically. I've maybe managed to read two of the many threads on the Ports-of-Call board that I was interested in. Grrrr.

It does seem to be getting worse and worse every day. I'm now experiencing loading issues day and night. It's reminding me of the old days of dial-up connections!!! It seems, more and more, I'm logging off and visiting other cruise sites. I never used to do that!

today was the worse. lost several posts and had white out. but i finally learned that at my hosue between noon and 7 is the worse. i gave up and want on at 10 pm no problem. then woke up and playing online now. all the psots are going thru. i think when too many peopel are on it slopws down more.

Couldn't access the board at all yesterday morning - it timed out. Tried again at midday and got on but no threads would open. Tried again last night at about 9.30pm and the same thing happened - accessed board (after a delay) and then couldn't open any threads. Very frustrating.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would bring this thread back up since we are still have problems with this site. This thread started January 9, 2008 and we are still have problems. I just wish that someone from CC would come on and hopefully have a update as to the progress of fixing it.

I have lost count on how many posts went to cyber space, times out, etc.

Marilyn

P.S. And by the way I am well aware that this is a free site.:rolleyes:

Thought I would bring this thread back up since we are still have problems with this site. This thread started January 9, 2008 and we are still have problems. I just wish that someone from CC would come on and hopefully have a update as to the progress of fixing it.

I have lost count on how many posts went to cyber space, times out, etc.

Marilyn

P.S. And by the way I am well aware that this is a free site.:rolleyes:

I agree. :cool:

Archived