Conquest Captain Boots Man off Ship for Starting A Protest !!!03/16/08 Cruise

rsjc

I told DH about this guy, and he was amazed. We were on a cruise where some gentleman took ill, they helicoptered over a suitcase containing blood, and the crew got into a rescue boat and went into the pitch blackness to pull it from the ocean after the helicopter dropped it off. The passengers applauded when the crew got back safely. The next a.m. my BIL said that apparently it was a short-term solution because the man was air evac'd off around midnight (BIL heard the copter arrive and went on deck to see what was going on.)

You missed a port, but someone survived because you missed a port. And you're still upset?!?

The Captain can't do anything about the ship going in big circles days after the pickup?

Thought everyone should know... This similar situation happened with Royal... They need to confirm docking time with local pilots. IF they dont make it on a specific time, the Cruise line is denied entry to the port. So i bet they knew they were going to run late. and decided to hold off on the port.

Webecruising; Can you prove that you were overcharged at the supermarket? If you have proof take it to Judge Joe Brown. He will make it right. :D :D

I don't need no steenkin' proof! I don't remembe what I bought, and I don't remember what I paid for it, and I don't remember how much I was charged or how much change I got back, but I know they over-charged me and that they're just in business to nickel and dime me to death and force me to make choices on what to spend my money on and that their primary goal is to make money at my expense and dadgummit I'm fed up with it and demand my rights and financial compensation!:mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

This is 100% NOT true.:rolleyes: I work for the Airlines.

Can you please post an example of an economy fare from the 1st foreign port any CCL ship ports at (US departures)that you can get a flight back. Keep in mind that it must be back to the port of debarkation. So a flight to MCO then to MIA must be economy on both tickets.

Thank you

...Do you realise how LARGE the Conquest is, how long it takes to reach cruising speed -OR- how long it takes to slow down enough to safely turn about without causing a list to one side or the other? It's 110,000 tons, it doesn't stop on a dime (err... sand dollar?). It takes almost 1.75 MILES to slow down from its cruising speed to a manageable turn speed... then it takes over 2 HOURS to get back to that cruise speed...

better check those facts, she does a little better than that;)

Can you please post an example of an economy fare from the 1st foreign port any CCL ship ports at (US departures)that you can get a flight back. Keep in mind that it must be back to the port of debarkation. So a flight to MCO then to MIA must be economy on both tickets.

Thank you

Today from MBJ (Mo Bay) to IAH (Houston Bush) 589.00 on USair.

Gecko7:D

Today from MBJ (Mo Bay) to IAH (Houston Bush) 589.00 on USair.

Gecko7:D

I am sure ccc1-7 could complain and wrangle that into a First class ticket to London at any future time. Maybe even knocking the glass out of the cabin attendants hand onto herself.....ooops giving ideas again.

the small commune of mutiny wanting, petition signing folk that harassed the poor captain for unknown restitution were hilarious! Especially the short strong guy that got himself and his poor kids kicked off in the Caymans with a 1way ticket back to TX....)the mutiny didn't work out too well I guess.

I got this from a review found on the review site. Pretty telling to what happened onboard.

Gecko7:eek:

While I felt like we got hassled in MOBay by the local vendors, I still wouldn't have a problem going back. We stayed in the city and did Dr. Cave and now wish we would have booked an excusrion that showed us more of Jamaica. We were saddened to find that we will not get another chance as our next cruise on the conquest changed the itin. Jamaica is what you make of it.

As in many life situations, we're all often on a "need to know" basis. There must be leaders and the followers often must follow. In no way, in this particular instance, do I think the Captain should have done anything more to communicate his decisions or to EXPLAIN why he made the decisions. As previous posters have stated, he was in communication with MANY people and together they made the best and safest decision for the ship and it's passengers. I'm not going to sit around and chart with a GPS or try to figure out what they shoulda, coulda, woulda done. If you want input into your sailing experiences as far as travel and destination, you need to rent your own nice little boat. My job, as a passenger, is to accept that the Captain made the best decision possible and attempt to ease my disappointment with another fruity drink. Or two.

Donna

OK let's look at the facts. 1. You are on vacation. 2. You are on a cruise headed for beautiful tropical islands. 3. You are not at work. 4. Carnival can change ports without your approval.

I have been on a cruise that changed the ports due to engine problems. (we lost Grand Turk for Freeport, not a fair trade) No compensation was given. Was I upset. Well I looked at the facts. See above 1 through 4.

This guy needs to get over himself. How much time did he (including his kids and other minions) waste running around the ship trying to get people to sign his stupid petition and attempting to get worked up.

I saw the news clip from Houston. This guy appears to be pretty proud of himself. (I wonder if his kids want to go on vacation with him again. Another family fun time) I guess he forget to look at the basic facts. See above 1 through 4. He has now discovered his purpose in life, to get an attorney to sue Carnival because their captain did what was best for the situation, including giving him and his family a flight back to TX.

Finally, this guy needs to relax. I know, maybe he should go on a cruise!

First off - I am going to be honest - I have not read EVERYONE take on this situation - I just want to voice my opinion.

I personally think that they probably could have made it to the port - they would have just needed to speed it up a knot of two or cut the time at the port of call short to make up for the loss time.

However, I think Carnival benefited in the long run b/c I dont know about you guys - but a majority of my sail and sign balance comes from those "fun days at sea".

I to would have felt insulted with a $25 dollar credit!

Oh well! Thats just how I feel! :)

I'm glad they got rid of the troublemaker.

When he owns his own cruise ship, he can decide where and when to stop. While he's a guest on someone else's ship, he needs to learn that the captain sets the rules.

I think the Captain did the right thing. The ship and passengers were certainly a lot better off without a disruptive troublemaker who cannot take orders from the Captain.

I have been on a Carnival cruise where we missed a port (Costa Maya) due to weather, and we also got the on board credit. People were disappointed, but no one started a disturbance.

To think that PASSENGERS with a GPS can second guess the judgement of the Captain and a company that sails ships every day! What nerve those people have. And what a miserable soul that man must have been for starting the commotion!

Archived