Live from the Carnival Freedom !!!

Wennfred

Day 2 AT SEA Cont.

Tonight is Formal Night or Lobster night !!! Wendy and Cathy are up getting their Updo hair thingie done. I got to

jump in the shower shortly as we are going go get those Portraits done. Cathy wants to buy a package to send to her

relatives for the holidays.

The Captains Reception party starts at 5pm and then again at 7:15pm for the late seaters.

Tonights Main Shows:

The Big Easy, the vocalists are Louise Eddens and Kevin Jayroe. There are 2 shows, one at 8:30pm and 10:30pm

I don't see where Allyn Ball will be doing his Midnight R rated Comedy show in the Capers, they have Michael Macy

doing his R rated Comedy show in the Victoriana Lounge tonight at Midnight.

So tonight is going to be a busy night with the pictures and dressing up for Formal night and dinner, then the big

show. Since its all new to Cathy we will be there to enjoy these shows. I will most likely go see Ron the Piano guy

tonight, he plays from 9:30pm - Late at Scotts which is located on Deck 5.

Host Randy, Wayne got your Email, he does remember you and will be sending you an email shortly.

Fred

Thank you sooo much, Fred! We're all sitting here living vicariously through you!

We saw Michael Macy on the Miracle - he is funny but very foul-mouthed! Have a great time - I know I'll be coming home each day this week looking forward to your report.

CC should pay you to do this!

Fred

Thank you so much for taking time on your Vacation to keep us informed.

Hope you are having a wonderful time. Hope you have your MIL hooked on Carnival.

We are VIP as well & sailing B2B on the Freedom on 11/30 & 12/6

Couple of favors if possible:

Ask Todd Whittmer if the Captain can do a vow renewal around 5pm on a Sea day. we are renewing our vows on the Freedom, looking at 12/5 - the day before we pull back in to ft lauderdale on the 6-day.

Todd is a great CD we had him on the Liberty last Sept. Please say hi to him for Cheri & Michael

Have a wonderful time

cheri

I will be in #6485 in 2 weeks! Let me know if you want me to send you pix of the room,

That would be great, our DD and SIL are in that room and I would love to be able to send them the pic. Have a great cruise. we are off to the Liberty in June but can't wait to be aboard a new ship. Thanks again in advance.

E-mail address

dbrucern@nc.rr.com

Fred - if Jerry Goodspeed is on board, make sure you catch his show. (ventriloquist/comedian) He was a lot of fun. Also, don't miss "Ticket to Ride". Excellent show, imho. Have a great night, and a better tomorrow!

That would be great, our DD and SIL are in that room and I would love to be able to send them the pic. Have a great cruise. we are off to the Liberty in June but can't wait to be aboard a new ship. Thanks again in advance.

E-mail address

dbrucern@nc.rr.com

I will be happy to do so - i have added your name to my address book (hopefully I wont accidently send you something unappropriate :)

Joanne

Congrats Paul! The only part of the aft wraps are that you get spoiled and can't imagine having anything else! I booked the Miracle for next year for our 35th anniversary; aft wrap of course! Where did you put the boys?

Gail,

On this one they're in an interior across the hall. On the next three we have balcony rooms beside ours for them. I was thinking of changing theirs back to Panorama.....:eek:

Day 2 AT SEA Cont.

We went out and got some pictures taken then we went to the Capts Party, It was not held in the Theater, thats

where we were waiting and I finally asked the Pursers and they told me the International Lounge way back, we were

late and I wanted some free drinks, well we got there and the Lounge was full so they redirected us to the Piano

Bar, there we met Cruise Critic Member Ahoy and her friend both are sweet school teachers.

They still served us drinks and I ordered some Rum Punch and Pina Coladas and they went back to get them, no

questions asked. Very nice.

When I met and shook the Asst. CD and the cD Todd, I did mention that I was with Cruise Critic and that Randy said

hello, that woke them up and Todd told me anything I needed just ask :) I think Im going to start using Randys

name more around the ship LOL.

We had a nice dinner, we all had 2 Lobsters and I had Prime Rib also, they were too full for dessert but I had the

Carmelized Apple something, very rich but good.

We returned to the cabin to change before the Big Easy Show and we found our first Towel Animal, this one looks

like a koala bear or a polar bear since its white. I wonder what Cathy got in her room.

By the way, Cathy didnt get any sleep last night, she finally fell asleep around 3am, she said she was still all

wound up and excited about this cruise. She is enjoying her first real vacation.

GOOD NEWS FOR SOME:

This has been the second dinner night with NO MENTION of the color games. Even at bingo they are not saying or

asking about color teams. Its been so peaceful and quiet in the dining room, Finally. Thanks Carnival for

quieting down the dining room. I havent heard Dino the Maitre'D say anything over the PA system either. Oh and no

Dancing, maybe because we are leaving eariler, not sure. Will have to ask Paul or Robert the other Cruise Critic

members.

According to the Capers we got Michael Macy as the comedy act tonight, could be a Mis-print because Allyn Ball said

he would be doing it. Will see.

Got my Platinum gift tonight, it was laying on the bed. This time instead of the tote bag they gave me a nice

Aluminum Coffee Thermus (sp), its very nice, I will be taking this one to work.

Do you know if we get 2 gifts for 2 platinum card holders or just the cabin?

YOu all have a great evening.

Fred

Fred -

Glad to see you are enjoying the Freedom so far. We loved her - can't wait to board her again soon. Make sure you catch Ron Pass in the piano bar - he is great. We are "living thru" you now - and loving every second. Quick question - when we were in the Posh dining room, Ken was the maitre'd - you said Dino was now. Do you know if Ken moved? He was great - personable, and sounded like Frank Sinatra when he sang. (I wouldn't doubt it if John Heald "took" him to the Splendor with him - they are good friends, and Ken really knew and enjoyed his job) We were hoping to get him again. Enjoy your cruise - have a dotd for us!

Hi

We're sailing the Splendor this summer and were told that, yes, Ken will be on it with John. We had him last summer on the Freedom and loved his singing in the dining room. He was awesome.

Fred - I second the vote to go sing with Ron in the paino bar. We spent a full night and had a blast with him. We sang ourselves hoarse:eek: Enjoy the Freedom, we loved her.

Got my Platinum gift tonight, it was laying on the bed. This time instead of the tote bag they gave me a nice

Aluminum Coffee Thermus (sp), its very nice, I will be taking this one to work.

Do you know if we get 2 gifts for 2 platinum card holders or just the cabin?

Fred,

I would go down and ask the purser's desk if you can get an extra one. If you would have been staying in separate cabins you would each be getting one. You are both Platinum and worked very hard to get there!

In June, me and my friend are traveling on the Paradise and we are both Platinum so in my eyes we are both entitled to the free gift!

Have a great cruise!!!!!

Fred,

No dancing nor colors at our seating either. The entire staff did line up and sing an Italian song.

We sat at the Captains table tonight which was nice. :) We were too busy with pictures to make it to the Captain's party though. :o

Fred,

No dancing nor colors at our seating either. The entire staff did line up and sing an Italian song.

We sat at the Captains table tonight which was nice. :) We were too busy with pictures to make it to the Captain's party though. :o

How cool! Do you request that or is it a random thing? We got the Captains table on the Glory last year for the entire week, but he never sat with us :p

What deck are you on Paul?

When I met and shook the Asst. CD and the cD Todd, I did mention that I was with Cruise Critic and that Randy said

hello, that woke them up and Todd told me anything I needed just ask :) I think Im going to start using Randys

name more around the ship LOL.

That's right....just THROW my name around......lol...No really Todd and Noortje are really cool ........Got to hang with them a lot.:D ......Dang....wish I was back there.

I will surely cruise with the Dream Team. yes on both, got the rental at the Airport and returned it back there Saturday morning, we used Thriftys, they shuttle us back to the terminal for free.

Fred

Thanks Fred, We will be in Miami in December, 2 days prior and just wanted to see how easy it was to return the car and get to the port at around 11am. Enjoy the remaining of your cruise.

Fred, thanks for your update reporting in. We will be getting on the Freedom

(4/26/) for the Transatlantic crossing to Rome. Have they gone to 2 dinner seating now on the Freedom?? One at 6:00 pm and one at 8:15 pm in both

dining rooms?? Thanks for your help and enjoy your cruise!! John F

Day 3 AT SEA and San Juan Puerto Rico

Really slept in today, got up at 11am and ready for that Mongolian Grille and some Fish & Chips

I have to tell you that WOW!!! One of the best shows ever on a Cruise ship. The Big Eazy is a show not to be

missed, it lasted about 1 hour and it had a lot of sexy scenes in it. Very well done.

wE are still moving pretty fast, alot of rock and roll but not too bad, last night the Ships Stability system did a

good job keeping the ship as steady as possible, when I looked outside my window there were some serious swells of

5 to 7 feet with with crest over them, I guess it must of been windy out there also.

In less then 6 hours we will arrive into San Juan P.R., we have our Sunset Walking excursions at 5pm. I should only

last 1.5 hours and they its time to find something to eat. Tonights 10:30pm show is the Heart of Motown with Marcus

Anthony. I didn't see the comedy show last night at midnight, I was already in bed snoring.

Well, most of you that live in the southern states on the east coast can take a quick flight to San Juan, we can

have a few drinks and return before work the next day. :)

I have family here in Puerto Rico but due to the short time, I won't be able to see them. I also have a good friend

from when we were in the Navy, I will try to give him a call if I can locate him.

Fred

Day 3, on our way to San Juan, only like 3 hours left to dock.

Talking to the people at the Purses Desk is like talking to a wall, I had to explain twice to this officer what I

needed, she kept telling me to please hold so she could answer the phone, on the third time I was waiting for her

to answer the phone again but she didnt.

Im going to write them a letter using my Platinum stationary and hopefully this time they will include Wendy as a

Platinum guest.

The Mongolian Grill is the place to eat, I will be eatting lunch there every day. The food is great, I didnt get

the Spicey stuff, the choices of Sauce are Black Bean which is what I had, Thai Barbeque and Szechwan, Szechwan

being the spicest.

There is a sign that says Cooked to your Choice of Fresh Greens, Assorted Meats like Beef, Chicken and Calamari and

Exotic sauces.

The line there today was short because the first thing you see is a whole section of veggies, including Corn, Bean

sprause, lettece, spinish, 2 types of thin noodles, tomatos, peas, Mushrooms, string beans. You put these in a bowl

and hand them to the chef, they you tell them what meat you want. He cooks the meat in a wok, with your sauce and

chicken broth and then once the meat is cooked he adds your veggies to create a masterpiece stir fry. The Best!

Anyways people would see the veggies and walk away thinking it was a salad bar. There are 2 lines on each side

which meets in the middle and thats where the grills are located, there are 3 WOKs running on each side so it does

go fast if you are standing in line.

I haven't mentioned anything about my dining room waiters, I have to say that the 2 guys we got are great waiters,

they are fast, we haven't had to wait for our food like you read in those negative reviews etc. My head waiter Leo

does know that we are Platinum guest and also spoke to Dino the Maitre'D and so far our service has been awesome.

Head Waiter Leo and asst. Head waiter Guna or something like that, I will get his full name later. Leo is from

Equador and Guna is from Maylasia.

The funny thing is that we have a probably 70 year old waiter that is probably Chinese and is handling the tables

behind ours, this poor guy yelled at his asst waiter because he isnt fast enough lol. The Old cat ensure that they

get the food out before anyone else, it seems like he is rushing this customers. I mean we get there at 8:15pm

thats when late seating opens and we are sitting down and he is already serving the salad!!! I overheard another

waiter say, "Hey pops you need to retire".

Anyways we are happy with our waitstaff, Leo and Guna does a great job. We are located in table 357 which is a

table for 4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q & A's

Randy,

This is turning out to be one of the best cruises ever. I would hate to go back to a smaller older ship.

Splendor and Dream here we come.

Mary49,

The band is called Lifeline Band, its 4 PI. Guys and they are pretty good, they are located in the International

Lounge way back.

Pe4all,

I hope we get Jerry Goodspeed, I love ventriloquist/comedy shows, I probably seen him many times before with that

Yellow Bird thing that scares the heck out of everyone but I can't remember the name and I know Cathy would love it

too.

WiggleBay,

Im going to try to get Todd email and when I do I will forward it to you so you can ask him that question about

renewing your vows.

John F,

Good Question, yes Freedom implimented the 2 Dining times only. I spoke to a Lead Head waiter up on Lido and he

told me that they hate it, its a lot harder for the guys in the galley. With the 4 time frames I guess it was

easier to spread the meals out, but now there is only 2 meal times and all of the food has to all come out at the

same time to both dining rooms. Same work but lesser time now.

The new dinner times are 6PM AND 8:15PM ONLY. No more 5:45pm and 8:00pm I dont think any ship has those times

anymore and this is part of the new Changes that came down from Gerry.

Day 3 AT SEA and San Juan Puerto Rico

In less then 6 hours we will arrive into San Juan P.R., we have our Sunset Walking excursions at 5pm. I should only

last 1.5 hours and they its time to find something to eat. Tonights 10:30pm show is the Heart of Motown with Marcus

Anthony. I didn't see the comedy show last night at midnight, I was already in bed snoring.

If you haven't seen Marcus Anthony before, let me just tell you that you do not want to miss his show. He is absolutely fantastic! We saw him on the Valor last summer, and it was the best show I've ever seen on a ship.

Have fun in San Juan!

If you haven't seen Marcus Anthony before, let me just tell you that you do not want to miss his show. He is absolutely fantastic! We saw him on the Valor last summer, and it was the best show I've ever seen on a ship.

Have fun in San Juan!

Is that the guy who does the Bojangles/Sammy Davis, Jr. routine? If that's him, he's awesome. I just saw him on the Miracle a few weeks ago.

Day 3 AT SEA also Puerto Rico

I wrote a letter to the Chief Purser Officer concerning Wendy's Platinum perks and to add her int the system as a

Member and I handed it over a Purser officer, then I went and sat down in the main lobby bar and ordered a Miami

Vice, I figured out now that if you want a nice strong drink get it there The Atrium main lobby bar. its the bar

next to the Pursers deck and its also located where you first enter the ship in Miami. This Miami Vice drink

finally knocked me on my ass. LOL It was nice and strong. They also used the foo foo drink class which is bigger

then the other places. I used my drink coupon for it. If you use Drink Coupons go there for your drinks.

While sitting there at the bar I asked a lady next to me what was her Card, she had a nice cool different Sail &

Sign type of card, it turned out to be a Alchol (sp) cant spell because of the Miami Vice, Booze card, she told me

that she paid 100.00 pp, 200.00 per cabin and you get unlimited drinks, I know we had threads on this but I told

her you needed to be in a group to get that offer, she told me, all that is needed is to contact a T/A and ask if

there are any groups going that has the unlimited drinks card. Thats a good idea. She joined a group and was part

of the Drink Card deal, so they are hanging out at the Lobby Bar trying everything out LOL. She even told me they

dont know what they got into because they are drinkers. She saw my Drink and ordered a Miami Vice herself.

While chatting with this nice lady from Queens N.Y. a Purser Officer, her name is Tamara, she is up there in rank

because of her shoulder bars and also has assisted me in the past, she speaks good english because she is from

England I believe, anyways she saw me at the bar and introduced herself, she wanted to talk to me about the letter

I wrote to the Chief Purser and she told me that now, part of the new changes, the Cabin even thou there are 2

Platinum guest members now only one gets the 1 gift. She said still you can come to the Platinum Concierge desk

and request another gift for the 2nd person but for now only 1 gift is given. I did tell her that we both had

platinum cards and we both have sailed on 10 different cruises and she told me correct we are ok because she had

checked.

So thats the deal now with Platinum Perks, 1 per cabin unless you request another one, just check with the Pursers

Desk. One of CEO Gerry's new implimentations on cut backs I guess.

Does anyone know where does RCCL ships are built? I mean what country?

Fred

Archived