Can You Put Five At A Table For Four?

suzy5565

We had anytime dining on our last cruise and one night we dined with three others we had just been with on a tour. There was only a table for four available but the head waiter squeezed another chair in for us.

To be honest it was a bit tight and we would not have been happy to dine this way every night.

I suggest you seek out the Maitre d on your first night and see if he can find a spare table for 6 to accomodate you all.

I wouldn't want to do it since there's just limited table space to begin with. At times there's just barely enough room for just your silverware, glasses & plates alone no less another place setting. I'm sure they'll find you a table for six where you be more comfortable.

I'm sure they'll find you a table for six where you be more comfortable.
You don't mention your ship, but we never had a problem getting a 6-top table for the five of us on the July 28th sailing of the CB. We had anytime dining and never had to wait for a table in the Palm dining room.

Your party of 5 will be much more comfortable at a table large enough to accommodate six.

Lew

Four of us have our cruise booked, and we requested a table for four, and we found out a friend of ours is going, also. Can we just "pull up a chair" for her, or will she have to sit at another table?

Call your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) and change your request to a table for six.

One of the worst tables in on the Princess ships (a table for 10) & is oblong. If your stuck seating at the ends the table, it's so skinny that there is actually no room for both you bread dish & dinner plate side by side. This spot should be avoided at all costs. If they ever try & seat me there again I'll flat out refuse.

Four of us have our cruise booked, and we requested a table for four, and we found out a friend of ours is going, also. Can we just "pull up a chair" for her, or will she have to sit at another table?

Suzy are you confirmed for either early or late traditional diner? What about your friend? If yes there is a good possibility it can be taken care of in advance. Have your TA link the bookings, so you will need the booking number of your friend to do so. This will indicate to Princess that you need a larger table. If you all are not doing traditional dining there will be no problem with sitting 5 people together in one of the Anytime Dining Rooms.

But, as most have said - most of the tables for 4 are square and "pulling up a chair" for a 5th is close to impossible. You would need a table designed for at least 6.

Why don`t you just email Princess with your request to change to a 6 table and link your booking ref. with that of your friend.:) I have done this with bed configuration etc. and had no problems.

The post above is pefect advice. Call Princess and link all your bookings together and ask for a larger table. It will be too tight at a table for four and depending on where the table is located, someone might be sticking out in the narrow walking space between tables that might impede the work of your waiter.

It is very important to link the bookings if you want to sit together.

We had anytime dining on our last cruise and one night we dined with three others we had just been with on a tour. There was only a table for four available but the head waiter squeezed another chair in for us.

To be honest it was a bit tight and we would not have been happy to dine this way every night.

I suggest you seek out the Maitre d on your first night and see if he can find a spare table for 6 to accomodate you all.

Your suggestion seems sound...that's why the gods of cruising invented the Maitre-d.

Steve

On the Diamond Princess, our first Princess cruise, eight were seated at a table obviously meant for six. (Except at our seating there were always only six chairs at this table.) Princess' decision, not our request. As I recall it was an elliptical table and doable but quite crowded.

Archived