Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

We have had the cabin next door- last month. We have stayed in those cabins a few times. Tjhese are true inside cabins. They are in an inner hall between the other inside cabins. When you get off the elevator you see them down the middle of three halls.

(We often book VERY last minute and take anythiug on Empress deck in the back.) We have a roll a way brought in and the two beds are then put together like they do in other cabins. We always stay in the aft on Empress deck and have never had kids running past or heard noise from the elevator area.

Quick question, and I apologize if this has already been asked prior in the thread, but on the Glory (Conquest class), are the portholes classified as a 1A or a different _A? When I booked online, they just were listed as PT and not a _A so I assumed they had their own category.

The reason I'm asking is we booked Early Saver and now it's showing that the PT rooms are not an option anymore, which is fine. We're happy with the price we paid and think it's fair. However, if they are technically the same category as a different inside cabin and the price of that category drops, I'd like to see if I can get a rate adjustment. Does that make any sense? lol. I need some clarification! :)

In my limited experience with PT cabins (one sailed and one booked) they have been priced like 4A cabins. On the Breeze cruise we have booked for December, I think the 1A cabins are about $20 per person cheaper.

Now I have to go check for a price drop!

Quick question, and I apologize if this has already been asked prior in the thread, but on the Glory (Conquest class), are the portholes classified as a 1A or a different _A? When I booked online, they just were listed as PT and not a _A so I assumed they had their own category.

The reason I'm asking is we booked Early Saver and now it's showing that the PT rooms are not an option anymore, which is fine. We're happy with the price we paid and think it's fair. However, if they are technically the same category as a different inside cabin and the price of that category drops, I'd like to see if I can get a rate adjustment. Does that make any sense? lol. I need some clarification! :)

You may have to search through this thread.

There are PH cabins, and there are a few 1A cabins that also have portholes. See my photo and comments earlier in the thread. I had 2217 on Glory, which is a 1A, has a single bed and a sofa bed, and has portholes. Great cabin for the price. The slamming of waves coming home from Bermuda was not pleasant, but if the seas were calmer, it would've been terrific. Nice long walk anywhere to help offset the caloric intake! ;)

As mentioned some 1As have portholes (you need to look for the diamond symbol I believe) but they are NOT classified the same as the PT category - since the PT has the double bed however most 1As only have a single bed and a sofabed or upper....

Edited by Froufie

Cabins that are classified as porthole or PT have convertible beds that go together like a regular cabin as well as having 2 portholes to look through. These are different than the 1A porthole cabins that either have 1 single bed and a sofa bed or 1 single bed and a pull down. Those in the know book the PT cabins very quickly and combined with the fact that each ship only has a few, they sell quick.

I am inferring that you have a PT room booked ES and you're seeking a possible price drop. Since they are a unique category, my guess is that you would be out of luck.

I am inferring that you have a PT room booked ES and you're seeking a possible price drop. Since they are a unique category, my guess is that you would be out of luck.

You are correct! We booked a PT and I'm really excited about it, but I wanted confirmation on the category for ES drops. Guess they're all booked up for our cruise next year and unless one becomes available and the price drops and I catch it, I'm out of luck. That's fine though -- I'm just excited to go! haha

Thanks for the clarification!

You may have to search through this thread.

There are PH cabins, and there are a few 1A cabins that also have portholes. See my photo and comments earlier in the thread. I had 2217 on Glory, which is a 1A, has a single bed and a sofa bed, and has portholes. Great cabin for the price. The slamming of waves coming home from Bermuda was not pleasant, but if the seas were calmer, it would've been terrific. Nice long walk anywhere to help offset the caloric intake! ;)

We are booked in 1217 on Glory. The only description about beds it said was that we could either have two twins or one king -- does that mean one bed will be a sofa bed? As long as we can push them together to get one big bed, I don't care how it fits together! lol. The cabin category code online says PT so I'm guessing it's just a plain 'ole PT and not a 1A or anything. I got a bit confused while reading the OP though.

Edited by iheartmarshall

We are booked in 1217 on Glory. The only description about beds it said was that we could either have two twins or one king -- does that mean one bed will be a sofa bed? As long as we can push them together to get one big bed, I don't care how it fits together! lol. The cabin category code online says PT so I'm guessing it's just a plain 'ole PT and not a 1A or anything. I got a bit confused while reading the OP though.

This thread is only about 1As .. you are in a PT. They are not the same category though both can have port holes.

This is a PT on Conquest, sister to Glory. Again for those looking at this thread for descriptions of 1As.. this is NOT a 1A... (sorry to hijack the thread to answer this poster.) It does have two twins that push together.

Picture003_zpsb3be5ffa.jpg

This thread is only about 1As .. you are in a PT. They are not the same category though both can have port holes.

This is a PT on Conquest, sister to Glory. Again for those looking at this thread for descriptions of 1As.. this is NOT a 1A... (sorry to hijack the thread to answer this poster.) It does have two twins that push together.

Picture003_zpsb3be5ffa.jpg

Thanks Firefly! After looking through so many posts, I got confused where some 1As can have portholes, but a PT cabin is not the same as a 1A. I knew you guys would help me out though, and I appreciate it.

Edited by iheartmarshall

hey all, is anyone familiar with cabin 7345 on valor? It's classified as 1A. The configuration looks a little different than the regular inside rooms, the closets are not across from the bathroom, yay. I possibly will be in a cabin by myself and this one looks nice for a solo. Also, if I'm looking for price drops, how does a 1A rate for that?

thanks

hey all, is anyone familiar with cabin 7345 on valor? It's classified as 1A. The configuration looks a little different than the regular inside rooms, the closets are not across from the bathroom, yay. I possibly will be in a cabin by myself and this one looks nice for a solo. Also, if I'm looking for price drops, how does a 1A rate for that?

thanks

There are lots of pictures on this thread. 7345 is the same as 6393 and 8357. The closet is for sure right across from the bathroom, not sure what you mean by your comment. There is a wider door entry so its a little further across to the closets.

This cabin has two twins that can be pushed together and the cabin is a little wider than a normal inside. Looks a bit bigger to me than 185 s.f.

Ive been in this cabin and other than the entry way being wider, the closets are directly across from the bathroom door. What is different is some of the stuff that is behind the bathroom is along the wall in a little different set up.

Hi, I need to ask some questions for all you 1A experts! I'm thinking of booking 1210 on the Breeze - I'm worried about the noise of waves hitting the hull- how bad is it? I know the sofa and the bed are not the same height, but can they be pushed together.

If I booked a 1a with an upper, can the mattress be moved to the floor? It would just be me and my young son and I don't want him up there ( and I don't want to sleep there either lol).

Are the cabins that are directly in back of the elevators very noisy? I'm trying to squeeze in a last minute cruise and am trying to keep costs down so am looking at the 1a cabin - many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has any one stayed in 1207 on Liberty or any of the Conquest ships? Wondering if it really is a smaller 1A. Seems smaller from the diagram but I know that may or may not be the case.

I'm not sure about the Conquest ships, but the Triumph has a similar thing on deck 2, and my group had 3 rooms in a row there. 2 were 1As, 1 was a PT, so all 3 rooms had portholes. I measured all 3. The PT (2220) was about 205-210 sq.ft, room 2216 was about 195 sq.ft, and room 2212 was about 185 sq.ft. On the Dream, we had just one of the 1As with portholes (2217). It was 185 sq.ft. The one next to us (2211) looks smaller on the deck plans, but I don't think it was. 2217 had a very deep porthole on the outside of the window. In other words, passed the window, it had a long way to go to clear the hull. 2211 may have not been as deep. So the Triumph made the rooms bigger, while the Dream made the portholes deeper. I don't know how the Conquest ships did it.

Edited by k2excursion

• 3 weeks later...

As of Feb 2013 there are at least 2 1A staterooms that have king beds: 8357 and 6393. 8357 was the absolute best for location I could imagine, directly behind the stairs to the Lido...

6393 Was in the exact location, just two floors lower.

Those three 1As are two twins on all conquest ships. Im not Sandy but I have seen pictures of them on various ships and stayed in 2 of the 3 cabins listed above.

Yes, apologies, we were on Carnival Glory to be specific.

There was an upper as well.

And 7345 as well, according to Firefly.

As of Feb 2013 there are at least 2 1A staterooms that have king beds: 8357 and 6393. 8357 was the absolute best for location I could imagine, directly behind the stairs to the Lido...

6393 Was in the exact location, just two floors lower.

I figured as much. I booked 7345 on Conquest. The 1As are now sold out. Just checked with my PVP to be sure I couldn't price match (I'm not ES but we're still not at final payment) since the 4As are now $50 less. Can't do it without actually moving to a 4A and I'd rather keep this cabin.

There's a slight chance someone might join me and I've assured everyone that all the knowledgeable people on Cruise Critic are certain that this cabin also has the two twins, although all the pics are of the other two cabins. I'm sure they're all the same.

The two twins DO make a queen, though, right? If I'm going to be solo, I want the big bed! :D

Glad to hear about the good location, too. Some have tried to imply that there would be noise from the laundry room next door, or lines of people in the hallway talking while waiting to iron something.