room service menu

dcrow72

Why do none of the room service menus show breakfast? I understand it's primarily a continental breakfast, but surely there's a menu somewhere??? Besides breads, juice and coffee, is there an assortment of fruit, yogurt, hot cereal????

I think on our 28 day cruise on Princess we're really going to miss the full breakfast room service menu that we could get on Celebrity and RCI. Hopefully there will be a lot of other things to make up for it!

My SIL can NOT go without bacon for breakfast. She'll eat it with anything.

One night she asked me to add bacon to the continental breakfast request, I did and sure enough there was a plate of bacon with our coffee, juice, egg mc muffin, and cold cereal. I don't mean one or two pieces, I mean a plate of bacon. She was so happy.....we asked for it every morning thereafter.

Going to the buffet I would have to get dressed. I want to sit on my balcony in my pajama`s.
It's just a different way of doing things. Many cruise lines close up the buffet tighter than a drum by 9:30am or even earlier for breakfast, 2:00pm for lunch. Some passengers like you want to breakfast in their cabin without having to get dressed, others would prefer the option of being able to get lunch after coming back from a morning tour without having to go back to their cabin.

I've cruised on other lines and taken advantage of the full breakfast menu occasionally but found that I really don't want more than juice, fruit, cottage cheese, muffin or perhaps an egg muffin, and tea for breakfast.

FYI, Princess will be charging a delivery charge for room arrive at some point. They are probably working out the details right now. If they do, then I would hope they'd offer a full breakfast but I guess we'll see.

FYI, Princess will be charging a delivery charge for room arrive at some point. They are probably working out the details right now. If they do, then I would hope they'd offer a full breakfast but I guess we'll see.

I did see on a picture of a room service menu that there was a delivery charge of a pizza. My brother has joked with my kids that he would just tip them to go get what he wanted from the buffet. My kids liked that idea..... in theory, at least.

Can you share what sort of snack items they would bring?

Just to back fill the story. We were watching a hot sporting game on TV and I called room service and told them we were watching a good game and asked if they could send us some snacks. They said sure and said they would come up with something. I told them we weren't picky or allergic to anything.

They gave us a bowl of pretzels, a bowl of some sort of spicy mix or chex mix, and a mixed bowl of nuts each individually saran wrapped. I only expected one item for a snack and we were pleasantly surprised by the 3 items. We kept them in our room for the rest of the cruise to snack on since we didn't finish it during the game.

You could also get chips as a snack since it is a side to sandwiches.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

The only time lack of a full breakfast menu would really make a difference to us would be on mornings when we have an early tour in port. When that happens, we're rushed, don't have time to get dressed and everything packed up for the tour, then visit the buffet and wander around searching for a table. Those are the mornings when we also really would like some protein for breakfast, so I guess the "Egg McPrincess" will have to do! Has anyone had success adding a hard boiled egg to the order?

Edited by Kartgv

Has anyone had success adding a hard boiled egg to the order?

Yes. I do it every time. I really don't like those egg muffin things, so I write in "hard-boiled egg" and it shows up. I order room service every morning.

• 3 months later...

I love chocolate chip cookies, and on our last cruise, always ordered a dozen at a time from room service.

You can write in things on the breakfast menu, but my DW loves coffee, so we grabbed a couple of mugs from the HC, and i would go up and refill our coffee pitcher.:)

My SIL can NOT go without bacon for breakfast. She'll eat it with anything.

One night she asked me to add bacon to the continental breakfast request, I did and sure enough there was a plate of bacon with our coffee, juice, egg mc muffin, and cold cereal. I don't mean one or two pieces, I mean a plate of bacon. She was so happy.....we asked for it every morning thereafter.

Your SIL is a VERY wise woman. Bacon is one of the greatest gifts of the universe. :D

After roughly 250 sailing days on Princess, neither I nor my spouse have ever ordered anything from room service. We are always so full from ordinary meals that we have not had the occasion to want to eat in the cabin. I suppose if we fell ill, this would be a good option for us. Some people love it though.

Great to hear that "write in items" are provided. Has anyone tried to get smoked salmon and cream cheese?

Also, is room service breakfast available on the disembarkation morning?

Thx!

No room service the day of debarkation.

If there's something you like and they don't offer it just go to the buffet grab a glass of juice or a plate of cookies or some salmon, bagel & cream cheese; put it on a plate, ask one of the servers for some plastic wrap [or bring some large zip lock bags in your luggage] and just stick the salmon in the bag and in your refrig.

You can have what you like and need in your frig. ready to eat for a morning snack. Even ask the buffet folks to give you some hard boiled eggs to keep in your frig., if you like. Or, do what we do......go to the restaurant and sit and eat. ;)

You're on a cruise, do what makes you happy!!!!

something that I learned on Ultimate ship tour is room service has a separate Galley on Deck 9 or 10 (Cant remember, but its not where you would think, and its pretty small)... it doesnt come from MDR galley or Horizon galley like I had assumed... this is why the Room Service Menu is so limited (and also why you can get a Caesar there but not always in Horizon)

something that I learned on Ultimate ship tour is room service has a separate Galley on Deck 9 or 10 (Cant remember, but its not where you would think, and its pretty small)... it doesnt come from MDR galley or Horizon galley like I had assumed... this is why the Room Service Menu is so limited (and also why you can get a Caesar there but not always in Horizon)

I knew that they had room service pantries located on each floor, but was unaware of dedicated galley space. I always assumed the pantries were provisioned from the main galley in the overnight hours based on the next mornings pre-orders.

Edited by scottamiller

We will be staying in a full suite. Is it true we can order anything that is on the dining room breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus? We've had enough formal nights in all our years of cruising so will leave the fancy clothes at home and hopefully be able to have the same dinner in our suite that those in the fancy clothes are having in the dining room.