paranoid!

chin14

Hi,

We sail in 3 weeks on the Crown and we have never cruised before. Can someone confirm that all I need to get onboard are the cruise ticket and passports? We completed the immigration stuff online.

Thanks, don't want to get all the way to Florida from the U.K. and get turned away!!

Chin14:)

Hi,

We sail in 3 weeks on the Crown and we have never cruised before. Can someone confirm that all I need to get onboard are the cruise ticket and passports? We completed the immigration stuff online.

Your passport is the most important item. With check-in being "e-ticket" now, printing the Boarding Pass isn't critical but helpful. Don't forget your credit card.

Hi There,

Do not worry about folk talking about boarding pass etc in UK you can not print one,

just passport and credit card and anything from Princess with your booking reference . As if you turn up and say Mr Smith from England a few hundred folk will stick there hands up.

Remember US customs have no sence of humor, there idea of fun is to make you wait in line for two hours to get into the states

yours Shogun

Things I wish I knew on the first cruise

• Explore the ship from top to bottom, take the ship map from your in cabin info package.
  • get friendly with your steward, they can be a great help
  • order a room service coffee and pre breakfast fruit and pastry to have while planning the day
  • starboard and port hallways have different coloured carpet (helps with the lost factor)
  • breakfast in the dining room is very nice
  • afternoon tea is served every day at 3:30 with warm scones, cream and great little sandwiches
  • the pools have fresh water
  • ice cream sundaes are served every day in the Horizon Court at 3:30
  • YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED TO THE CRUISING LIFESTYLE:D ....I think it is unavoidable!

Have a great time!

Laurel

Hi,

Thanks, don't want to get all the way to Florida from the U.K. and get turned away!!

What you need to board is your passport (which you will already have), credit card for the onboard account, and boarding pass (if you can print it). Big smiles are optional.

On many of my earlier cruises I also brought printouts of all the information we now enter online, just in case the Princess computer link is non-functional at the dock. There is a Travel Summary that can be printed from the My Princess or Cruise Personalizer web site - this would have all the other details you might need, including air travel and airport transfers if you have arranged these through Princess.

In addition to these documents, bring any medication you might regularly take in your carry-on, and any other stuff that would be "cruise breakers" such as swimsuit etc.

Relax and have a great cruise holiday!

Hi,

Hi, I believe I'll be sailing with you. I'm on the Crown's 10/12 sailing. I'm taking my passport, credit card, and a few clothes. Hope to see you on board. If you see a middle aged woman boarding in a bright pink sweater with a big flamingo on it, white slacks and pink crocs, that will be me. Come up and introduce yourself. I'm cruising solo so all new friends are welcome!!!!!

Hi Chin14, Now that folks here have hopefully cleared up your boarding document questions, I must tell you, I agree with everything on CanadacruiseRN's suggestions list, couldn't have stated it any better! I sailed on the Crown 2 yrs ago. It's an absolutely beautiful ship, food and service are great. Also check out The Sanctuary, verrrry nice. Just beware.......you too are liable to become a "cruise junkie"...the best addiction there is!! Have an absolutely wonderful time!!!

I hope you have a great time on your cruise! We will be on the Crown Princess at the end of Oct.

Important... You may not see your luggage for a while after you get on the ship. Be sure to have a carry on with anything you will need. Bathing suits etc. SUNSCREEN!

starboard and port hallways have different coloured carpet (helps with the lost factor)
What a brilliantly simple idea (as I virgin cruiser myself that is great advice!)

You will also need to fill out a visa waiver form for entering the US.

Normally they hand them out onboard your plane.

Yes I alway, always forget to bring a pen with me on the plane - have to end up begging and borrowing one from other passengers.

re: carpet color difference in corridors: On Princess, Starboard corridors have blue carpeting and odd-numbered cabins. Port corridors have red carpeting and even numbered cabins.

Just off the Star yesterday. Carpet on both alleyways of our deck (Caribe) was the same. Don't know if this was the case on all passenger decks.

Chris

Just off the Star yesterday. Carpet on both alleyways of our deck (Caribe) was the same. Don't know if this was the case on all passenger decks.

Chris

I was just going to comment the same thing. It was the same on both sides on Emerald deck on the Star too. Surprised (and confused :rolleyes: ) me to no end!

Archived