Thoughts and Prayers Needed for HAL Board Regular Jim Hannah

LAFFNVEGAS

I'm one of Jim Hannah's daughters, and I just wanted to tell everyone that your expressions have been relayed to Dad. It was such a blessing to all of us to read what you wrote, and for those of you who haven't met him, I can assure you that he's as classy, insightful, and funny as he comes off in cyberspace. He was joking around with the hospital staff and visitors, even in a bit of a pain/pain-killer haze, and I know that his attitude will expedite his recovery.

He's not one to wallow, as evidenced by the year decades ago when his retina detatched on Thanksgiving day, rendering him completely blind in one eye. He knew he couldn't get in to see an eye doctor during the holiday weekend, so until Monday he never said a word to anyone about it! Last night, he was telling the E/R staff his pain level was, on a scale of 1-10, a 3, even though he probably had more messed up bits than not; and today after surgery, he was requesting more pain meds since his arm was "really bothering" him at a 5. :o

Anyway, thanks for the continued prayers. It's great to see such a supportive community, and we all really appreciate you.

Laura

Thanks so much for posting Laura, I have been in contact with Sarah on Facebook and will continue to keep everyone updated as to how your Dad is doing.

This is a great community here on the CC HAL board with so many that love your Dad, so with all these healing thoughts and prayers I know he will recovery quickly.

Thank you Laura for giving us an update on your Dad..Adding our prayers & thoughts to him & your entire family..

As others have said, your Dad is always very helpful and has always been a calming influence on this board..A true "Gentleman" ! Someday, we hope to have the pleasure of meeting your Dad & Mom on a cruise..

And Lisa thank you for telling us about Jim & for keeping us up to date on his recovery..

Betty

You know Jim would be the first one to express to any one of us his sincere best wishes under similar circumstances.

Well Jim, they say good times don't last forever, but neither do the bad ones. So we all anticipate your speedy recovery and look forward to your return to "business as usual" which we know will include a flurry of writing to your friends here on CC.

Boy will you ever need a cruise when this is all over.

Smooth sailing to you Jim.

Due to the time-difference I just now read about the accident that happened to Jim. We had the pleasure of meeting him and Donna on a few locations and know what a nice friendly gentleman he is. Also Donna is a very nice lady. We consider them as good friends.

Of course we are shocked to read about the accident and can only hope and pray he will recover. We are about to leave the house for our Ryndam cruise, donot have a laptop with us but have asked Lisa to send an e-mail to our daughter in P. Vallarta where we hopefully will read he is doing better.

Laura if you read this, give him our best wishes and hopefully he will be back home soon!

Laura ,

Thank you for keeping us posted on your dad's condition.

Glad that he is able to keep his spirits up , it will help greatly with his recovery.

I'll echo everyone elses sentiments here, "Gentleman" is the first word that comes to mind when you think of him.

I have never had the pleasure to meet your dad, but have enjoyed his wisdom, humor, and advice through his many posts. Just through those posts you can tell he is a kind, friendly and decent man.

Be assured that all the good thoughts and prayers are with Jim and your entire family.

So saddened to hear about Jim' accident. Concerning his need for support to walk, I am sure the PT department will recommend a hemi-walker. My Mom fell during her 3-mile walk 3 years ago and shattered her left arm and knee. She used the hemi-walker and it worked really well. I will continue to pray for Jim. If you have never had an ortho injury, you just don't know how painful they can be. Jim will certainly be needing a cruise to soak up some healing rays and I hear salt water is so theraputic....

I just signed on and read this thread...thanks Lisa for posting it and to Laura for the update on your Dad.

I am so very sorry to hear about Jim's accident...he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be thinking of you.

My thoughts and prayers are added to the many others on this board for a full and speedy recovery.

I always enjoy reading your posts and look forward to reading ,"I'm back".:)

God Bless.

When I think of all the messages I read on this board, Jim's are my favorite. He makes me laugh, and I love reading his "advice" to my husband. I just know he is going to recover because of his wonderful sense of humor. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.....

Archived