conciernage lounge and diamond lounge

bchalker

In my experience you will only have access to the Diamond Lounge. However, the Diamond Lounge on Freedom class ships is much nicer than the Concierge Lounge as there is a whole wall of glass for great views. All the same amenities are available. The Diamond Lounge is a lot larger than CL's on Voyager and Radiance class ships. Also I have seen pictures of the LOS DL which seem to show that there is access to an outisde sitting area, which is probably duplicated on Indy. I booked an LOS cruise mainly to experience the DL again as I enjoyed it so much on FOS. We've been to every port these ships visit, so at this point, it is the ship that I book for rather than itinerary. Speaking of which, I do so wish RCI would bring back some 10-11 rt cruises from Fl that include some more "exotic" destinations.

We were on the Independence recently. There is an outdoor area for the Diamond lounge which is quite nice. You have windows on the inside. They have the same amenities as the Concierge and there is a diamond concierge available to help you if need be. (Just wasn't any hep when we were on.)

We were on the Independence recently. There is an outdoor area for the Diamond lounge which is quite nice. You have windows on the inside. They have the same amenities as the Concierge and there is a diamond concierge available to help you if need be. (Just wasn't any hep when we were on.)

Can you actually go outside on the Indy? The concierge on the Freedom told us that the outside patio area couldn't be opened because of poor planning -- it is open to stairs to public areas and they couldn't close off the stairwell because of safety problems. I hope you can on the Indy, we'll be on board in 34 days.

Can you actually go outside on the Indy? The concierge on the Freedom told us that the outside patio area couldn't be opened because of poor planning -- it is open to stairs to public areas and they couldn't close off the stairwell because of safety problems. I hope you can on the Indy, we'll be on board in 34 days.

Yes we did go outside. And yes, the area is accessable from the deck below for anyone who wants to "sneak" up there however I would also say that there are those who would have something to say about that.

We exited that way every evening. You just go down a set of stairs to the next deck. There is a gate but it's not locked.

We would also like to see some longer cruises from Florida with new destinations.

Looking forward to the Diamond Lounge on the Indy this week!

Kathy

:)

If possible some pictures of the Diamond Lounge would be terrific. We are Diamond for the first time on the Indy this February.

Thanks!

If possible some pictures of the Diamond Lounge would be terrific. We are Diamond for the first time on the Indy this February.

Thanks!

I will definitely take some lots of pics and post them on Webshots (link below) when we return. :)

Kathy

Kathy,

I haven't been on the boards much lately as we have been working Hurricane Dolly and Ike losses. We did our best keeping them away from Florida for you. Hope you have a great time on your cruise. Our next one is booked to Alaska, might sneak a 7 night on the Voyager since we are so close to Galveston right now.

Kathy,

I haven't been on the boards much lately as we have been working Hurricane Dolly and Ike losses. We did our best keeping them away from Florida for you. Hope you have a great time on your cruise. Our next one is booked to Alaska, might sneak a 7 night on the Voyager since we are so close to Galveston right now.

Colleen, good to hear from you. :D Thanks for keeping the nasty ones away from Florida this year; felt really bad though for the States which were hit. Has the Port of Galveston re-opened yet?

Have you been on the Freedom or Liberty yet? We are really looking forward to the cruise Sat.; this will be our first on a Freedom class ship.

We are taking a 4 nighter on the NOS in March and then back on our favourite - Brilliance OTS in August.

Hopefully we'll meet up in one of the lounges one of these days!

Kathy:)

We will turn diamond for the second leg of our B2B on Explorer next month. We don't drink, and we're not interested in a balcony cabin. What is there about diamond and the diamond lounge (on the Explorer in particular) that will be of interest to us?

They did not build the doors the same way on the Freedom as they did on Liberty and INdy. RCI seems have made the change with LOS and kept it for IOS.

We will turn diamond for the second leg of our B2B on Explorer next month. We don't drink, and we're not interested in a balcony cabin. What is there about diamond and the diamond lounge (on the Explorer in particular) that will be of interest to us?

There is nibbles, coffee, light breakfast, quiet area to sit during the day, help with reservations, excursions etc. I'm really not sure what else to tell you.

On Indy, you can indeed sit outside at the Diamond lounge area. Sometimes, however, the wind was so strong it could seem like a hurricane. Both the inside and the outside of the Diamond Lounge was a very pleasant area to be. Coffee, espresso and cappucino is always available free, 24/7. Snacks are available at certain times.

Right now the concierge is Columella Arandia, a very pleasant and helpful young woman. She was not there all day however. I'm not sure of her exact schedule. She is there from eight in the morning for a few hours. We didn't go at night, so I don't know her schedule at night.

On Indy, you can indeed sit outside at the Diamond lounge area. Sometimes, however, the wind was so strong it could seem like a hurricane. Both the inside and the outside of the Diamond Lounge was a very pleasant area to be. Coffee, espresso and cappucino is always available free, 24/7. Snacks are available at certain times.

Right now the concierge is Columella Arandia, a very pleasant and helpful young woman. She was not there all day however. I'm not sure of her exact schedule. She is there from eight in the morning for a few hours. We didn't go at night, so I don't know her schedule at night.

Thanks for the info on the DL. Sounds like the outside area was probably better when the ship was docked or not going 22 knots.

Good to hear about the concierge. Great that she is there for a few hours in the AM as that is when I usually ask for some help from the concierge. We will probably go in the evenings also.

I'm adding your post's comments to our roll call and to the concierge thread.

When we were on Radiance last year they opened up a separate Diamond lounge on one of the upper decks as the previous poster mentioned. It was much bigger than the CL and was very nice. I liked being able to move around a bit and especially liked looking out the windows as we sat there. The CL on Radiance is small and gets crowded quickly.

Nancy

When we were on Radiance last year they opened up a separate Diamond lounge on one of the upper decks as the previous poster mentioned. It was much bigger than the CL and was very nice. I liked being able to move around a bit and especially liked looking out the windows as we sat there. The CL on Radiance is small and gets crowded quickly.

Nancy

The Starquest Lounge was certainly better than the Hollywood Odyssey:D!!!

There is no diamond lounge on Explorer or any Voyager class ships.

They are a feature that was added to Freedom class ships when they were designed and built. As a Diamond member on Explorer you will have access to the Concierge lounge and be able to take advantage of services of the concierge (making reservations for the specialty restaurant, getting tickets for the ice show and tenders(when necessary) and a number of other things similar to what a hotel concierge would help you with. There is also coffee and cappuccino available in the lounge 24/7. Diamond members get a coupon book that offers several extras that are better than what gold and platinum members receive. Check out the RCI website or one of their latest brochures for a more detailed explanation of what Crown and Anchor provides to its Diamond and Diamond Plus members.:)

One of the few things that I find disappointing about the concierge lounges on Voyager class ships is the fact that they are interior lounges. The CLs on those Vision class ships that have them and on the Radiance ships have great views of the ocean, and the Diamond lounges on Freedom class vessels have great views from high up on the ship to the rear of the Vikiing Crown lounges.:)

Archived