What is your favourite Princess cruise souvenir?

psyfi

I too collect ornaments from each port. Years ago (ok, it was in 2000) Princess had a "generic" Princess Christmas ornament. Just the logo and the year. Haven't seen one specific to each of their ships. I wonder why they don't so that? Probably to sell more ship models!

Laura

I'm another collector of the gold metal magnets with the ship and it's name on them. I am missing one for the Coral because that was my very first cruise, and I was too gaga about EVERYTHING to notice them. Have been kicking myself every since. Some day I guess I will have to sail on the Coral again just so I can get a magnet. I don't know any other was to get one, since Princess does not offer their souvenir type stuff online.

I don't generally collect souvenirs as most just collect dust. However, I love my Sydney ~ LA t-shirt with the map of the Pacific and itinerary. I have a Princess keyring that I use for my mailbox key. Most important, though, are my memories and I've got lots of them.

We received our favorite momento when sailing on the Diamond this year. It was a 15 day Hawaii sailing. and we were the lucky couple who won the drawing for the grand prize of the Swarovsky model of the Diamond Princess ship. It is so beautiful, and we can even distinguish the balcony cabin location where we were staying. Unfortunately, we were not present in the theater for the grand prize drawing; but the Cruise Director was kind enough to take the time later that day and personally present it to us at our cabin. It had been one of our best cruises ever already, and everytime I take a look at this lovely crystal ship, I have to smile and reminisce:)

Sunny AZ Girl - I keep a list in a notebook of all the magnets & ornaments I've bought on our cruises. They include the ship & ports. I just looked at my list of ornaments, & I don't have any of the Princess ships. For some reason, I thought I did.

When we went on our 1st cruise on RCI, I did buy a magnet of the ship which has a picture of the ship on it. I have always collected magnets of anywhere we have gone on any vacation. I have more than I know what to do with. I do have 3 large magnetic boards that are full. I keep the one with my cruise magnets in my computer room so I can look at them. We put the ones of each cruise ship on our fridge in the order that we went on the cruise. We both love to look at them.

I know some like the Princess magnets with the gold ship on it. I wish they also had one with a picture of the ship which I prefer.

For some reason on our 2 Liberty of the Seas cruises, they didn't have any magnets of the ship. We did get larger magnets when we went to the Meet & Mingle so I use those.

Even if we've been on a ship before, I will buy another magnet of the ship.

Can you tell I've very obsessed with my ship magnets!!

Gail

A light weight purse with long over the shoulder strap and lots of velcro fastening compartments with Princess logo. I have used it for several years on cruises. Definitely have gotten my $15 worth.

This is one of my favorite and most useful souvies. Always have it when cruising and it's been a great Disney World bag.

Don't buy much on cruises but also have to get a metal magnet of the ship.

Still looking for a decent travel mug but haven't liked what I've seen or they had none.

Sunny AZ Girl - I keep a list in a notebook of all the magnets & ornaments I've bought on our cruises. They include the ship & ports. I just looked at my list of ornaments, & I don't have any of the Princess ships. For some reason, I thought I did.

Gail

I read on another thread that someone suggested purchasing nice keychains when the ornaments aren't available, removing the hardware and adding ribbon for instant ornaments. This sounds like a good idea to me. Do you know if the Princess ships have nice keychains of the ships?

We like the specialty martini glasses, especially the deep blue glasses with the long, curved stems. We broke one not too long ago and, even though I've seen similar glasses in stores, I haven't bought a replacement. I'd rather get another pair on the next Princess ship. Those glasses will come with memories that Crate & Barrel can't match.

We like the specialty martini glasses, especially the deep blue glasses with the long, curved stems. We broke one not too long ago and, even though I've seen similar glasses in stores, I haven't bought a replacement. I'd rather get another pair on the next Princess ship. Those glasses will come with memories that Crate & Barrel can't match.

PS - I also will take 2 or 3 sheets of stationary and envelopes from the room and use it for letters during the year. It surprises people when they receive a "Written at Sea" letter. I usually begin, "This wasn't REALLY written at sea..."

I just have to add my two cents to this. I know this is a Princess site but since Carnival owns Princess, i figure that I could get away with this story. We were on one of the Carnival ships and in the shop they were selling "Carnival Cruising Barbie" My wife is named Barbie, goes by Barbie and is Barbie in every sense of the word. She wanted this and i told her that I would take a $5.00 bill and bet it on blackjack. If I won I would let it ride. If it won again, I would let it ride one more time. If that won, we would have $40.00 which was enough to buy the doll. The Barbie doll now sits proudly in our curio cabinet for all the world to see.

Bob Winters

What a great collection of responses! I am always surprised how many people collect similar items. I too usually collect a magnet, coffee mug and Christmas ornament. The key chain into ornament idea is a great idea--thanks! I also often buy a lanyard, cuz I wear them at work so it is a nice reminder. I'm also thinking maybe a beach towel.

Where do you get martini recipe cards? those sound fun and would be a nice souvenir of one of my favourite ship-board pasttimes :D

How do you win a crystal ship?

My favorite souvenir was on RCI, sorry not on Princess this time, on the maiden voyage of the Voyager in 2000. We were the last group to leave the dining room after the midnight buffet. I asked the waiter what they did with all the bread dough decorations and he said they were thrown away. He said, "do you want one", so I took home a 2 foot long bread dough alligator. I don't know if that would be allowed today but it went through customs fine and stayed in my kitchen for about a year before it started to get too soft on the underside to keep.

Edited by mae

What a great collection of responses! I am always surprised how many people collect similar items. I too usually collect a magnet, coffee mug and Christmas ornament. The key chain into ornament idea is a great idea--thanks! I also often buy a lanyard, cuz I wear them at work so it is a nice reminder. I'm also thinking maybe a beach towel.

Where do you get martini recipe cards? those sound fun and would be a nice souvenir of one of my favourite ship-board pasttimes :D

How do you win a crystal ship?

The martini recipe cards are usually sold in the Crooner's Bar.

And to win a crystal ship, you have to buy something onboard and use a coupon from the coupon book you get in your stateroom upon embarking. The more you use (and spend :rolleyes:) the more chances you have to win the ship.

The martini recipe cards are usually sold in the Crooner's Bar.

And to win a crystal ship, you have to buy something onboard and use a coupon from the coupon book you get in your stateroom upon embarking. The more you use (and spend :rolleyes:) the more chances you have to win the ship.

Thanks! I am certain I will be in the Martini bar :D

Sitmar glasses and Princess champagne flutes

I love my collection of Sitmar glasses too.:) But...do you still have the silver boxes and felt pouches as well??? I use the boxes to hold costume jewelry and trinkets, while the pouches are great for keeping pearls...pearly;)