What is your favourite Princess cruise souvenir?

psyfi

As far as where to shoot from. What ever angle you think best depicts your visit. The ones attached from Bonaire we had a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, but somehow I caught some pictures with a big ole clouds in the background.

That's a great idea! I've been taking these kind of shots for years and never thought to put them into a mosaic. Thanks!

2175196574_c025f209c0_m.jpg1461080496_1986dc4466_m.jpg

1976986799_253d98b310_m.jpg2012403910_e14392043f_m.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite souvenir is a Princess coffee mug that I won when we were playing trivia on one of our first cruises. I drink my morning coffee from it each morning at home before going to work and for just a brief moment I am reminded of my most recent cruise and have wonderful thoughts. It is the souvenir that keeps on giving and helps get me through alot of cold Chicago winter days!!

I also, ahem, have a nice collection of Princess pens -- the ones from the cabin. I don't intend to steal them, but I guess I carry them around to write postcards in various venues aboard and ashore and then forget they're in my bag. Although it's unlikely the loss of a pen (or 6!) is going to cause prices to skyrocket, nevertheless, just typing this has made me feel so guilty that I'll probably bring them all back and leave them in my cabin on my next cruise (causing "Stewart" to wonder where the heck all those extra pens came from?!)

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who does this :p

• 1 month later...

Our favorite is a model of the Ruby Princess. Not one of the small models (which we also collect and love:)), but a 15 inch detailed model on a wood base with a plexiglass cover.

It's on our mantle.

On any vacation land or sea I collect magnets from every place I've been, Princess has great magnets, the one I buy is an oval magnet with gold lettering of the ship's name with the ship in gold as well. I forgot to buy the magnet on my first cruise on the Coral, so had to book another this summer to make up for it.

I also collect Christmas ornaments. I try to pick one up in every port & on every ship. I have an ornament of every RCI ship I have been on. However, I could not find one when I was on the Golden last January. I would love to find one on the CB. The sales clerk acted like he never heard of Christmas ornaments of the ship. Does Princess even have these?:confused:

I had the same experience with a sales clerk on our recent Crown cruise when I inquired about a Christmas ornament. I ended up getting a ceramic ship magnet that I will make in to a Christmas ornament by glueing it to what ever I can find at Michaels and adding a gold cord.

Edited by teamsterlady

I have two favorite souvenirs from Princess.......a wonderful travel alarm that goes with

me everywhere, and a Princess umbrella.....not a golf size, but good size, anyway.

I won both of them playing trivia......along with CD holders, key chains, mugs, etc.

Those days are gone forever!

I'm not asking what is your favourite souvenir from your cruise ports, rather what is the favourite item you bought on board a Princess ship and why? Is is a Princess logo item like a robe, mug or a towel? Is it something you bought in one of their shops like a bottle of perfume or one of the limited time only booths that gets set up for a day? What item has the fondest memories for you?

Some of our favorite cruise souvenirs are collared shirts with the ship's name printed on the pocket, especially those from former Princess ships like the Regal Princess and the soon-to-be renamed Tahitian Princess.

DavidnSteph

Other than the huge emerald green glass ashtray given to me by James Deering, the cruise director on the Emerald last year, my favourite item has to be my inner glow glass shells. I purchased the first one, an anemone, on impulse on our last sea day on the Dawn as I had not bought what I wanted to ashore the previous day. I do love glass and this thing called to me every time I walked past the store. It appears to be clear glass but as you move around it, it glows with reflected light. Finally, on the last afternoon, I broke down and went in to find out the cost - and walked out with it. I haven't seen them on any ship since but my husband found the company on-line and got me another one for my birthday two years ago. Trust me, I'll be looking for them onboard every ship we sail.

I have the same huge green dish from James...was on the same cruise as Kallen...Thanks James for the great memories of that Emerald Princess cruise and our great CC get together.

I have a coffeemug (what we call go cups around my house) that I use everyday..the printed logo is wearing off so it is time for another cruise to replace it. ;) This is the mug that they sell at the coffebar on the Plaza/Atruim deck.

Another favorite is the sweatshirt I bought on the Island years ago......

I love the idea of the pictures of the flags. I have taken pics over the years of either the stearn logo or the side of the bow with the ships name on it.

Edited by seastar2

we have only been on one cruise so far..on the Tahitian Princess and they were auctioning off a copy of the nautical chart used on the cruise. I saw it in the patter, but figured this was something that would go for a high price. It happened to be auctioned off right after bingo which my mother and I was at and I hung around to see how high the price would go. we were actually cruising just when Hurricane Katrina hit so it was fresh in teh news back home and they announced the proceeds of the auction would go to hurricane relief. well all the cheap skates were there and everyone was bidding low..I think it was at $15 or $20..I blurted out $60 and i won it..I was shocked noone was bidding on it. Must not be something of interest.

Well..I took it back to the cabin and hid it and casually mentioned to my husband that it went up for auction and it went for "lots" of money..oh well.

I then pulled it out and surprised him with it! my dad was jealous I got it. He would have bid on it too!

well...after almost leaving it at papeete airport propped against a post at the aiport...we got it safely home and paid tons more money to have a cool frame and it is hanging upstairs in our "hallway" where we can see it every day.

When we go on vacations now..we tend not to by junk that will collect dust..so I always look for something interesting to hang on the wall..like teh chart or some local craft item..like a wooden carved mirror frame we got in hawaii..or a mask or something.

I do collect fridge magnets and totally forgot to get ANY on the cruise..next month I will pay more attention to that!

I have an over the shoulder tote which I got somewhere in the last few years (won it? Don't remember....) which is perfect for traveling to/from cruises and also for excursions. It is blue/black with a zip top, water bottle holder, front pocket for paperwork and pen holder. I use it even when I cruise on other lines.

DH has a Princess plastic travel coffee mug. He uses it on every cruise. People always ask her where he got it, but we haven't seen it on Princess in years.

I get stationary from every cruise we take, and use it to write letters to a travel friend. Any one letter might contain Princess's "written at sea" paper, Celebrity's paper with a ship's name, I even have a few sheets of NCL paper around here somewhere. Since I travel often with her, it's a fun way to stay in touch.

And our black cards, of course!

My favorite item is my hoodie sweatshirt with a picture of the Golden Princess on it. It's warm and comfy, and falling apart from use!

I also like my over the shoulder tote I won in a trivia contest.

I always get a Princess canvas bag (like beach bag) with a cute embriodered tropical scene from the gift shop. I've had two and they get pretty well used by the time I sail again!

The last one I bought has a hole in the bottom...Time for another cruise!! :D

On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess my husband bought me a pink topaz ring with three stones set in white gold. I think that it will always be my favorite souvenier bought on board. I have it on today.

We always purchase a beach towel with the cruise lines name on it. In the summer the deck railing at our cottage is festooned with cruise towels drying in the sun. We can look at them and know we'll be cruising when the weather here at home gets cold.