Sea Days

wines60

DH and I took the Circle Hawaii cruise on the Zaandam Nov.6-22, 2008 and loved it. We especially enjoyed the sea days. This was our first cruise in many years; the previous ones were all Carribbean, about 7 days each, and featured many ports. We wish HAL would create a cruise with just sea days, (maybe just one port of call). About 10 days total would be ideal. I know we could book a trans Atlantic cruise, but for various reasons, we really do not wish to go abroad at this time.

Does this sound appealing to any one else? Marion

The only drawback to sea days is everyone else is on the ship with me! So, just book whatever cruise fits into your schedule but don't get off the ship and it'll be like a sea day without the wind.

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 2/08/09

The only drawback to sea days is everyone else is on the ship with me! So, just book whatever cruise fits into your schedule but don't get off the ship and it'll be like a sea day without the wind.

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 2/08/09

I'm with you! My favorite days are when everyone else is in port and I have (almost) the entire ship to myself! :D

I'm with you! My favorite days are when everyone else is in port and I have (almost) the entire ship to myself! :D

I completely agree! That's why I am currently sitting out at the pool smoking cigars and drinking bloody marys while everyone else is on shore. It is like being on a large private yacht. I just walked up to the Lido to pick up a quick bite to eat and brought it back down to the Navigation Deck. No lines (and no people) anywhere!

I hate dealing with tenders and the absolutely ridiculous security screening to get back on the ship from U.S. ports. I doubt that in the entire history of this program that they've ever stopped even one unauthorized person from attempting to board the ship or confiscated any contraband. It is just an elaborate show that - - to paraphrase - - Shakespeare - - is full of sound and fury and signifies nothing.

A big part of what I enjoy about cruising is the arrival and docking as well as the sail-away in the ports. We sometimes do not go ashore if we've been there before.

We just stay on board and have a quiet day while at the pier.

All in all, it works out pretty well.

I love sea days:) Waking up knowing all you've got to do for the day is figure out what on the ship you want to do:D :D

On our upcoming Westerdam we have two sea days coming home which is wonderul, and I cannot wait until next year to experience five days at sea on the Zaandam:)

The main reason I booked my Circle Hawaii that is coming up is for the Sea Days. On my cruise to Alaska I found that I had no trouble sleeping when the ship is moving. Sort of lulled me into sleep and kept me there all night. I awakened fresh and energized. I have been seeking that wonderfully restful night's sleep since then. So, yes...I would love a ship with lots and lots of Sea Days. The BTB transatlantic idea, for me, would be wonderful!

We love Sea days, and have sometimes come back early from a port because the ship is less crowded.

But on our Panama Canal voyage last year on the W'Dam, 2/3'rds of the passengers got off in San Diego, while the rest of us went on to Seattle (OK, we lost about 80 Candians in Victoria). That was strange, because the crew seemed to dial back a bit for those last few days.

Yes indeed. Sea days are the best days!! If you love sea days book the 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise it has 18 sea days, yowzer! We have done it 3 times it is so great.

I would love a cruise like you suggested however, I must agree with Ruth some scenic cruising would be nice.

Yes indeed. Sea days are the best days!! If you love sea days book the 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise it has 18 sea days, yowzer! We have done it 3 times it is so great.

I would love a cruise like you suggested however, I must agree with Ruth some scenic cruising would be nice.

I agree also. Sail past some great scenery, turn around and sail back the other direction so that both sides get wonderful views, and then keep sailing. Just so the ship keeps moving!

Archived