Regent Fuel Surcharge Refund FYI

JMARINER

Wendy, don't you just want to shake your head at our sexist society? I booked an Alaskan cruise for my fellow and me for September 09. This is his first cruise and I have sailed over 200 nights on Regent. Even though I booked the cruise and paid on my credit card, they put his name first on the booking form. :rolleyes:

Yes, it actually really ticked me off. But them I'm a boomer, and I came to adulthood with women's liberation. Alot has changed over the years (imagine no bras and hairy legs), but Regent seems to be back in caveman days. He also gets all the promotional mail in his name.

Oh well, David is paying for the next cruise anyways, so guess I have to get used to it.

I think it is at least partially arbitrary ( or Regent's confusion). Even though all our interactions with Regent have been with me and my credit card and email address have been used, any personalized promotional material from Regent by email is addressed to my DW at my email address (which is obviously not my DW).

...what was the fuel surcharge per passenger per day? Was it $15?

I looked at my invoice from the cruise and the fuel charges and tax was around $545 for 71 nights. I originally thougt it was $15 but now think it may have been more like $7.50 per day. Does anyone else have a better recollection?

I just checked my invoice and I was charged $215 for 28 nights which also works out to $7.68/night. The original notice I got from Regent/my TA had the fuel surcharge amount as $195 if we did not pay in full by November 30th so perhaps the amount fluctuated according to the cost of fuel? A cheque has not made it here yet.

We've just booked on the Voyager for Nov-Dec, 2010 and were charged $70.p.p. fuel charge. It hasn't gone away. Comments?

Unless Regent has just made an unannounced change in their fuel surcharge policy, the $70 charge is a mistake. Regent did away with the fuel surcharge for 2010 voyages. I'm booked on the two cruises just before yours and there was no fuel surcharge. I'd check with your TA or with Regent if you booked directly. Good luck.

Dave

Thanks to you all! Our TA checked with Regent: The fuel charge is for/with the air tickets. The line on the invoice is 'Taxes and Fuel Surcharges'. We got that for the '09 cruise, too. Longer flights, more $$$. We can't do either of these from NM without flights. Sigh... Babs

Archived