Ladies, do you ditch your purses on the cruise?

mistyinca

I have a large Penelope Coach, which I lovingly refer to as my suitcase. Last cruise I went on, I kept my medium Carly with me, and even that was too much to lug around. I found a really cute travel bag at ebags, and I'm planning on taking this with me

130549_2_1?&op_sharpen=1&op_usm=1,1,1&qlt=60,1&hei=280&wid=280

http://www.ebags.com/vera_bradley/lil_hipster/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=130549

Do you ditch your bags for the cruise?

Onboard the ship, I use a lanyard with a pocket to carry my sign & sail card. If I think I'll need anything else (like a lipstick or a compact, I ask my DH to carry it in his pocket.

For shore excursions, I sometimes carry a tote bag (if I need a towel, sunscreen or anything else). Otherwise, I don't carry anything.

I carry a very small « purse », which is more like a cell. phone bag. It's big enough to carry my sign & sail card, folded activity sheet from the daily paper, lip balm or lipstick and a couple of 1$ bills in case I want to give a tip to someone. It’s always on my wrist, I can even dance with it without a problem and I’m not worried about my S&S card. If I have pants with pockets, I will sometimes go purse free but it’s very rare since I tend to wear more dresses, skirts or fitted capris on a cruise and those don’t have pockets.

I attach a picture. My « purse » is not the same pattern at all (it doesn’t come from this place) but it’s about the same size.

wristlet.jpg.6fb190aadb0cbeb85d2fb15e4eebc3af.jpg

I have a pretty straw tote, in between the size of a purse and a beach tote, that I use as a purse onboard. I always have so much crap with me on a normal day... that doesn't seem to change on vacation. LOL It's actually worse, with the two-way radio, and a book, and sunscreen, etc. I love that tote! It's tropical without looking like a beachbag, and not too dressy as to look out of place with tropical/casual wear.

for the night activities on the ship I have my wristlet...same thing as most here, just to carry the S&S card and also lipstick, powder.

But for the shopping days on shore I actually have my huge purse...why? Well I am horrible, but I don't want to pay for another checked in bag on the airline, so I bring the biggest purse I can find to stuff as much stuff in it. So it doubles as my shore bags, but I like to carry along a lot of water, plus we'll have the beach towels. So I think it is good.

hidden in my car..all docs $$, phone CC's are in a wallet in my rolly. I have a soft tote forshore duty..,and the dreaded lanyard around my neck or waist, or pocket....Hands free to hold my DOD

I use a beach bag for ports. While on the ship, i use a beach bag if I am going to the pool and a small purse for dinner. Usually I just have lipstick, card and camera in that small purse. Otherwise, I don't carry anything.

I bought a pretty beaded lanyard from Ebay so it looks better than a nylon strap. I also bought a small purse to use if we go shopping at port but otherwise, I plan to do without or use a beach tote. I forgot about formal night! Good thing hubby has pockets. :)

I have the Coach wristlets in two colors which go with most everything I wear. They hold my room card, lipstick and kleenex. I consider them one of my better investments as I now use them at home for going out to dinner with my DH. I take a regular handbag for shore excursions. I refuse to wear a lanyard.

I always have a camera with me so I stick my Sign and Sail card and lip gloss in the camera bag. Then I'm good to go. :)

I used to do that until I started on my career of demagnetizing my Seapasses. It seems to happen every cruise, no matter how careful I am to keep the card separate from electronic devices. So I try to keep it somewhere else entirely.

On the ship I may wear a lanyard during the day - I don't care if somebody thinks I look like a dork.:) If I have my larger camera, then I can put anything else (glasses, lip balm, etc.) into the camera bag. If I have the small camera, it goes in my purse. It has a neoprene padded cover that seems to protect my Seapass.

At night I won't wear the lanyard, nor will I wear it onshore. I carry a small Coach bag or, on formal nights, something beaded.

Onboard, I ditch the purse and carry my seapass card in a pocket, or give it to DH who puts in a pocket. For evenings, I carry a small evening bag with lipstick, etc. For ports, I bring a beach bag and a waterproof diving pouch with ID, seapass card, cash, etc.

Yep, excursions are a backpack with all the important stuff in a smaller bag inside.

At sea days, by the pool, the backpack again and my card on a lanyard.

For evenings, a small nice bag, really not a purse, purse, but big enough to hold my camera, card, etc...

Archived