Couldn't Find Any Trays.......

sail7seas

Instead of leaving wine cards in a bible, maybe we can start a tray xchange and people can just leave their trays in the room. The stewards would know to just leave them and each room would come with two trays. Or maybe they can be stored in the library and rented out.:D How much would you pay to rent a tray for a week?:confused:

This is so cool. Thank you Pipe Dreams for the picture of Keith. Wow.

No, seriously, don't you think this is hilarious? I do. I wonder what we could talk about, say, with a vegan, perhaps? I love all these crazy boards, and I've only been cut off once, by Walt, God bless his soul he was offended by my smoking addition (and I don't smoke) but this is really funny, don't you think so? If you don't, then go back to your novel by Leo Tolstoy (my favorite, by god,) and read Crime and Punishiment, or something like that. I loved Anna K, did you not? Ok, let

s get back topic. Keith Richards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D:D

If you think people get weird glances from others when not dressed properly on formal nights, I shudder to think what kind of responses will be seen when people parade around with trays when there aren't any available to the general public. There's a serious double standard going on here:

I like / need a tray in the Lido and if HAL doesn't provide it per their "code," I'm bringing my own and using it when and where I wish...so there! I need this tray for my comfort and that's what matters to me. I will step outside the box and be a rebel so my dining experience is all I want it to be.

I like / need to have people dressed formally on formal nights as provided by HAL's "code." If there are folks who don't adhere to the dress code, they need find an alternative dining option so my dining experience isn't trampled on by those stepping outside the box.

I truly enjoy sparing with hypocrits.

Diane

If you think people get weird glances from others when not dressed properly on formal nights, I shudder to think what kind of responses will be seen when people parade around with trays when there aren't any available to the general public. There's a serious double standard going on here:

I like / need a tray in the Lido and if HAL doesn't provide it per their "code," I'm bringing my own and using it when and where I wish...so there! I need this tray for my comfort and that's what matters to me. I will step outside the box and be a rebel so my dining experience is all I want it to be.

I like / need to have people dressed formally on formal nights as provided by HAL's "code." If there are folks who don't adhere to the dress code, they need find an alternative dining option so my dining experience isn't trampled on by those stepping outside the box.

I truly enjoy sparing with hypocrits.

Diane

Seriously? You've got to be kidding.

Suse - I will have my trays packed in the suitcase between my jeans and sweaters along with my nutcrackers and seafood forks...

Pipedreams - I will be carrying the seafood fork and nutcrackers in the holster you suggested to fight off anyone trying to steal my tray...

I certainly hope the crew doesn't try "strip search" me for our hidden trays, seafood forks or nutcrackers... :eek:

I thought the first posts on this thread were a joke, but after reading the entire thread I see that it is for real. If there are no trays in the lido I'm heading back to the dining room. How in the world HAL expects their "guests" to handle hot plates, silverware and glasses and maybe even a coffee cup with out a tray is beyond my knowledge.

Who ever thought this up is most likely the same person who thought up the "upgraded" for Veendam!!!!!!

I'm booked on the Statendam next April. Does anyone know when this will go Fleetwide? I'm sure for something so insane as this it will be ASAP!

I pack a lot of items, but when I need to pack a tray then its time to eat all my meals in the dining room. Maybe HAL will think twice if everyone just didn't go to the lido for breakfast and lunch but headed to the main dining room for these meals. Maybe the trays would return!

Archived