Couldn't Find Any Trays.......

sail7seas

:) Looked in the Dollar Store, went to IParty, tried Wal Mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We WANT to use trays in Lido and if they don't want to supply them, I don't mind bringing our own if only I could find where to buy them. ;)

Any suggestions?

:) Looked in the Dollar Store, went to IParty, tried Wal Mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We WANT to use trays in Lido and if they don't want to supply them, I don't mind bringing our own if only I could find where to buy them. ;)

Any suggestions?

Look in your yellow pages for a kitchen supply store

I saw trays at Ikea yesterday. They have all their outdoor dining stuff set up with the lawn furniture.

Oooh...that gave me an idea to try Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Hi Sail! I found this interesting because I would want a tray when we cruise too;) Try looking at The WEBstaurant Store online. They have a 10"by14"Carlisle standard cafe tray for $1.89 each. That would be well worth to have for future cruises. I hope ot works out for you!

Happy Sailing

Linda

Google fast food service trays. Many choices. Some sold by the dozen but some can be purchased singuarly.

Perfect, perfect, perfect..........

SO appreciate your help.

Seeing as we don't have to fly to Maasdam, I should buy several cases and can set up a business. Might pay for our liquor tab!! :D

Thanks so much.

Now why couldn't I have found that..... You're a google genius!

Hi Sail! I found this interesting because I would want a tray when we cruise too;) Try looking at The WEBstaurant Store online. They have a 10"by14"Carlisle standard cafe tray for $1.89 each. That would be well worth to have for future cruises. I hope ot works out for you!

Happy Sailing

Linda

Excellent. Sounds very like the one I found, thanks to AliasChief, at Acemart.com.

Item COPCT1418BLK

$3.08 each

I'll see which has lower cost shipping. :)

Thanks so much.

Maybe if you order room service the food might come on trays. If it does then keep the trays till the last day.

It does, and that suggestion works---I used it on the Veendam in February. Problem with the room service tray is that it is larger (and heavier) than the ones used in the Lido.

The good thing was that the Lido supervisor saw me with the tray, and substituted a regular tray for me. :)

Exactly. The room service tray is too big.

I considered just asking for trays but we could be disappointed and learn they simply are not available. Seeing as we aren't flying, weight is no issue, we may as well bring two for our use and know we'll be happy.

(Then again, DH has no idea about any of this. What a surprise when we unpack and he finds two trays in our suitcases. :eek: :D )

Exactly. The room service tray is too big.

I considered just asking for trays but we could be disappointed and learn they simply are not available. Seeing as we aren't flying, weight is no issue, we may as well bring two for our use and know we'll be happy.

(Then again, DH has no idea about any of this. What a surprise when we unpack and he finds two trays in our suitcases. :eek: :D )

Where were all you people when my tray rental business went bankrupt in Port Everglades:confused:

I considered just asking for trays but we could be disappointed and learn they simply are not available.

I wouldn't expect that to be a concern for anyone needing a tray. The stewards still use them for carrying dirty dishes, clean glassware/cups; there are trays full of utensil set-ups.

Finding someone to ask when you need to may be harder.

Since you don't have to think about luggage weight on this cruise, that isn't a worry for you on this cruise. But for cruises when you do need to fly, and for others concerned about luggage weight, I expect there will be trays somewhere in the Lido.

Actually on our recent oosterdam cruise my DH did ask for a tray and was told that he could not have one (he was bringing back goodies to the room).

I really think the easiest thing to do would be to go to a fast food place or anywhere that they use trays (our Wegmans grocery store has them in the lunch area) and ask if you can buy one--tell the whole story of the great tray debate and how important this is to your happiness and well being and that your entire cruise depends on taking a tray--and maybe they'll just give you one--seriously--I bet they will!!! Anyway it seems that that would be more fun than just ordering online--maybe a an entire save the tray movement would be started--for cruiseships, college cafs, local buffets--who knows where this could lead?

Archived