Couldn't Find Any Trays.......

sail7seas

I'm not suggesting you steal from McDonalds but steal a couple from McDonalds...or if you are fast food snob, go with the Wendy's tray. People who cruise prefer Wendy's so you won't get has many weird lookds. You can always pretend your name is Wendy and it is your personal tray.

Funny story not related but I will tell it anyway. During college, I worked at a liquor store and this young guy came in with a REALLY fake ID. He had taken his picture and glued it over the original with glue coming out the sides. He was a guy and the ID was for a girl name Alicia. I laughed when I saw it and asked him if his name was Alicia. He replied, "Yes, they call me Al."

Sail: You could try Christmas Tree shops! Saw some there last week.

Drat... :)

I never thought of trying Christmas Tree Shops and I wasn't far from one today.

Just ordered from AceMart. Should have them in 4-7 days.

Hi Sail,

Interested in how your "Personal Trays" work for you.

We are not sailing until 2010 so I'll look for your experience.

I'm in a power wheelchair - so I truly need a tray. I have

to have one hand to maneuver the power control for the wheelchair !

Maybe the tray that I'm used to that usually is under the ice bucket

in the Suite would work for me ? What do you think?

Thanks.............

T

I was going to suggest taking a pillowcase to the buffet and tossing in the food you want . . . :D

Not a bad idea, CowPrincess, but what about the OCD people who do not like their food to touch. What do you do with the ice tea? Just pour it in? I suppose it is going to end up all mashed together in your stomach anyway....but on a cruise half the fun of eating is the food presentation.

In the cabins, they do have a round tray where they set the water bucket. Perhaps the water bucket tray would work?

Not a bad idea, CowPrincess, but what about the OCD people who do not like their food to touch. What do you do with the ice tea? Just pour it in? I suppose it is going to end up all mashed together in your stomach anyway....but on a cruise half the fun of eating is the food presentation.

In the cabins, they do have a round tray where they set the water bucket. Perhaps the water bucket tray would work?

Well, I like Pipedreams' idea, but somehow it just seems so rational, y'know? C'mon, if we're going to have an uprising, we need to get the attention of management :D With the pillowcase, only one would be needed, you could portion in out at the table on 2 plates, or 3, depending on the # of diners. And the person NOT holding the pillowcase could go for the iced tea, with free hands, y'know?

Not sure about the whole "food touching" thing, though -- perhaps S7S could rent her trays to them!

(I hope everyone realizes I'm just being goofy here!)

You can always pretend your name is Wendy and it is your personal tray.
Just paint it whatever color you want. Decoupage some ship stuff on it. The possibilities are endless!

This could end up like the blender thread! :)

Just paint it whatever color you want. Decoupage some ship stuff on it. The possibilities are endless!

This could end up like the blender thread! :)

Now that is a great idea, jhannah. I am also impressed with your spelling skills. It is not often you see the word 'decoupage' on cruise critic. Well done, my friend.

I think you're right about this thread. It is not long for this world. The God Mods have a lot going for them..unfortunately, a sense of humor is not one of their strong suits. I don't think they realize how important this is to people. Trays must be brought back. REVOLUTION.:)

Hi Sail,

Interested in how your "Personal Trays" work for you.

We are not sailing until 2010 so I'll look for your experience.

I'm in a power wheelchair - so I truly need a tray. I have

to have one hand to maneuver the power control for the wheelchair !

Maybe the tray that I'm used to that usually is under the ice bucket

in the Suite would work for me ? What do you think?

Thanks.............

Hi We2Cruise.

The trays under the ice buckets are quite small for a full breakfast or lunch. If you want eggs, fruit, coffee, juice, I'm not sure it would fit.

For lunch, if you wanted a sandwich and iced tea, that would work fine, I think.

I'll post how it works out for us and if we are too embarrassed to use them. :o :D

DH uses that tray sometimes to get our morning coffee from Neptune. :)

T

:) Looked in the Dollar Store, went to IParty, tried Wal Mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We WANT to use trays in Lido and if they don't want to supply them, I don't mind bringing our own if only I could find where to buy them. ;)

Any suggestions?

Sail, try Marshall's. I just bought some there for our inn. The "regular" tray size, and small trays for our guests to take to our patio. Great assortment!

I looked at the McD's trays - too small if they are going to use larger plates/platters. Someone, maybe on the "Great Tray Thread" mentioned Big Lots. I looked up where they were and yes, the do have trays. I got a large one, almost 15x20 of melamine for 5.99. I can probably put two people's lunches on it - but I'm cruising solo this time, so I may rent space on it. Anyway, I'm ready for anything this time.

We were a group of six out to dinner tonight. The waiter brought the food on an oval tray the size of your average spare tire, about 24x36".

When I take that into the Lido for lunch, that should give the manager a jolt!

If HAL reads this thread, they be taking applications for "Tray Police" positions.

Isn't today the day that HAL throws all the trays overboard?? ;)

No - Today is the day they welded them to the aft end of Veendam...

:rolleyes:

I wonder what the folks in the Lido are going to start doing when we start showing up with our own trays - Will they confiscate them???

:confused:

:) looked in the dollar store, went to iparty, tried wal mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We want to use trays in lido and if they don't want to supply them, i don't mind bringing our own if only i could find where to buy them. ;)

any suggestions?

Try IKEA

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=tray&category=all&filter=&pageNumber=0

But for cruises when you do need to fly, and for others concerned about luggage weight, I expect there will be trays somewhere in the Lido.

I am waiting for Pipedreams to post a picture of a cruise-bound passenger quietly removing a seatback tray from an airplane and putting it in their carry-on.

Archived