Couldn't Find Any Trays.......

sail7seas

No - Today is the day they welded them to the aft end of Veendam...

:rolleyes:

I wonder what the folks in the Lido are going to start doing when we start showing up with our own trays - Will they confiscate them???

:confused:

Good to see you, Brian! :D

And to think I almost missed reading this interesting thread! I just booked a Holland cruise last night and anxiously await a resolution to this matter.

Welcome to the HAL board, suse, and just remember to BYOT (bring your own tray) on your cruise! ;)

My suggestion to anyone wanting to buy a tray is this: Try Marshalls, Home Goods or TJMaxx....I just bought some very pretty plastic trays for our inn...one of which may go in my suitcase on our next cruise! ;)

This post was one of the most inane one I've ever seen. Title should change to : Suggestions that changed an industry" It seems to be causing an undue uproar.

We cruised on the Solstice with the no tray policy and there was complaining but no disruptions. No riots, sit-ins or food strikes. We did not find it an inconvenience. The real problem is the lack of assistance to bring the plates to the table. In the past X and HAL cruises, waiters were eager to assist and always delightful. This was missing on our last two cruises. So I guess the combination is causing this perceived problem.

It does reduce the amount of waste in food if you can only take a plate or two at a time and this is the objective of the lines.

But stealing trays and/or purchasing trays for carry on, Come on. It would seem that this is the most important item in one's idea of a cruise.

This post was one of the most inane one I've ever seen.

As a spectator,this is hilarious, it won't be long till threads start appearing such as.

'Need Info On Where I Can Get A Tray Close To Port Everglades?"

"Can I Slap A Luggage Tag On My Tray?"

"What Is The Best Tray For The Lido,Round, Square,Or Beveled Edge?"

Then when the inaneness kicks into fifth gear,somebody will post a stupid poll about it.

This bringing your own tray business is going to be wonderful "People Watching" material and comedic relief for the crew.

The crew can have alot of fun with this. They can just start collecting trays that are laying around. The fun starts when they see the frantic passengers looking all over for their trays,then going down to the lost and found and asking if a tray was turned in. The nice lady behind the desk brings out 87 of them.

On formal nights it will be fun being all decked out in a tux,and watching people schlepp thru the atrium '"Clutching" their tray on the way to the lido.

Another way to have fun is.

Whenever you see a guy with a cheesy hawaiin shirt carrying a tray.

walk up to him and put a drink order in.

Let's turn the Inane into FUN!

LaughingHorse.gif

:) Great suggestions. Thanks.

I ordered from AceMart.com. Let you know what they're like when they arrive. ;)

We want to use a tray. If HAL doesn't want to provide one, we'll bring our own.....:o Maybe. What's silly for us is we almost never have breakfast in Lido and never, ever dinner so we only want the tray for lunch. :D

As a spectator,this is hilarious, it won't be long till threads start appearing such as.

'Need Info On Where I Can Get A Tray Close To Port Everglades?"

"Can I Slap A Luggage Tag On My Tray?"

"What Is The Best Tray For The Lido,Round, Square,Or Beveled Edge?"

Then when the inaneness kicks into fifth gear,somebody will post a stupid poll about it.

This bringing your own tray business is going to be wonderful "People Watching" material and comedic relief for the crew.

The crew can have alot of fun with this. They can just start collecting trays that are laying around. The fun starts when they see the frantic passengers looking all over for their trays,then going down to the lost and found and asking if a tray was turned in. The nice lady behind the desk brings out 87 of them.

On formal nights it will be fun being all decked out in a tux,and watching people schlepp thru the atrium '"Clutching" their tray on the way to the lido.

Another way to have fun is.

Whenever you see a guy with a cheesy hawaiin shirt carrying a tray.

walk up to him and put a drink order in.

Let's turn the Inane into FUN!

LaughingHorse.gif

LOL, pipedreams....I've been sitting here laughing ever since reading this post! :D :D :D :D :D

... we almost never have breakfast in Lido and never, ever dinner so we only want the tray for lunch.
In that case, I hope you ordered a LUNCH tray and not the more formal DINNER tray. The dinner tray would not be appropriate for lunch use, and vice versa. Proper tray selection and use is important to maintaining the ambiance of the chosen venue!

In that case, I hope you ordered a LUNCH tray and not the more formal DINNER tray. The dinner tray would not be appropriate for lunch use, and vice versa. Proper tray selection and use is important to maintaining the ambiance of the chosen venue!

Way too funny!!!

:) Looked in the Dollar Store, went to IParty, tried Wal Mart and can't find trays to bring to the ships with us. We WANT to use trays in Lido and if they don't want to supply them, I don't mind bringing our own if only I could find where to buy them. ;)

Any suggestions?

Did you not think to "borrow" a few trays from the Lido on your last HAL cruise before May 1 to pack and use in the Lido on all your HAL cruises after May 1?

Did you not think to "borrow" a few trays from the Lido on your last HAL cruise before May 1 to pack and use in the Lido on all your HAL cruises after May 1?

No. I didn't consider stealing HAL's property to put in my suitcase and inappropriately remove from the ship. :(

How would I explain having them on the next cruise when I used them and they clearly had not been offered on board that ship at that time?

I realize it would not be the thing to do, but I think it would be hillarious if HAL's remaining lido trays started to disappear into passenger luggage, only to reappear from time to time on future cruises.

IMO, it would serve them right! LOL

Archived