Just told I can't request a table for 4

Hi! I know someone on here can verify this info for me. I booked my 3 night cruise through Carnival online. I just called to request a table for 4 and the agent who answered my call told me that no such request could be made. I know I have requested table size before with other cruise lines. Is this true or should I call back and ask another agent to help me?

Thank you.:)

Your table for four request has to be made on board, at the entrance to the dining room.

Not over the phone while booking.

When you board, drop your carry-ons in your cabin, head for your appointed Dining Room

and talk to the people you'll find there, at its entrance.

That's when you set it up...not before.

When we were on the Legend we went to the diningroom once on the ship and asked which table we were assigned and it happened to be a booth:D

we were going to ask for a booth for 4 anyway. We booked through a TA and asked her for a table for just the three of us so I don't know if she requested it when final payment was made. My DH says you get better service and we liked the booth for the three of us. It turned out that right across from us was a group from our rollcall so it was like we had one big table at times. We had a table of 10 on RC and did not like it at all.

We will try and do the same on the freedom.

A few years ago when we booked the Pride, we were asked if we wanted a table 4,6, or 8 (there were just two of us). Since then we have booked several cruises and they only asked if we wanted early or late.

Anyone had much luck with their table requests? The wife and I are going to try to get a table for 2.

With a visit to the MD upon boarding - DH and I have always had our request for a table for two honored.

We usually choose "late" dining - and the MD usually says that he can accomodate our request because we have "late" - I guess "early" is usually pretty busy ;).

Table for four should be no problem, especially if you have late seating. You cannot request this in advance, you must do it after you board. The Maitre D' will have a time in the afternoon after you board when he will take requests.

Hi! I know someone on here can verify this info for me. I booked my 3 night cruise through Carnival online. I just called to request a table for 4 and the agent who answered my call told me that no such request could be made. I know I have requested table size before with other cruise lines. Is this true or should I call back and ask another agent to help me?

Thank you.:)

Call the person you made your reservation with and ask for their assistance. It can be done a week or two before you sail, but not before then. Our PVP made table arraingements for our Legend Cruise last month. If all else fails, see the Maitre D on embarkation day and make your request.

I am afraid that is true spoke with my pvp yesterday trying to reserve a table for two. She told me that I could only reserve the time not the table type, she explained that table request can only be made on the ship at the dining room :(

Here is the technical answer that is causing the confusion:

On the computer screen when making a reservation...

There is a space for dining time request.

The PVP or TA fills this in.

There is no space on the computer screen to fill in for table size.

BUT, there is a "notes" section to fill in special requests, etc.

If the PVP or TA is smart or creative, they can fill in Table Request Size in that space.

It will be noted on your request, just as if you had special dietary requirements or special challenges issues for them to read about and prepare for...

So, it can be done by literally "thinking outside the box".

It takes a smart or extra special PVP or TA to do that though...;)

we have 10 of us going on sunday and my pvp link all three cabins and said we should have a 10 person table. at no time have I been told I'll have to request it once we board. it will be interesting to see how we end up.

we have 10 of us going on sunday and my pvp link all three cabins and said we should have a 10 person table. at no time have I been told I'll have to request it once we board. it will be interesting to see how we end up.

Your PVP said "should" in other words playing the odds that with a large group you will be seated together. Large tables are in limited supply, you may or may not get your request.

Here is the technical answer that is causing the confusion:

On the computer screen when making a reservation...

There is a space for dining time request.

The PVP or TA fills this in.

There is no space on the computer screen to fill in for table size.

BUT, there is a "notes" section to fill in special requests, etc.

If the PVP or TA is smart or creative, they can fill in Table Request Size in that space.

It will be noted on your request, just as if you had special dietary requirements or special challenges issues for them to read about and prepare for...

So, it can be done by literally "thinking outside the box".

It takes a smart or extra special PVP or TA to do that though...;)

But I am sure my pvp is aware about this, and if it was not done they will probably tell you that it can't be done :(. I will certainly try this closer to my departure date

I've never been able to request table size. I think lately they've been trying to avoid placing strangers together anyway because on my first cruise, we were a party of three placed at a table for 9, but on my last two, we were a party of 3 or 4 placed at a table/booth for 4. I actually don't mind big tables and would request to be placed at one myself.

Carnival is not the best when handling dining requests/confirmations.

I was confirmed for late dining and used John heald to request a large table for us when we traveled. The confirmed dining time was not honored nor was the request for a large table.

I ended up with early dining and a table for two and had to go deal with the MD on embarkation day to get it squared away. After some wrangling he placed us at table for 8 and late seating.

You didn't say which ship you are sailing on, but another option may be Anytime Dining. With that, you go to the dining room between the hours of 5:45 and 9:30 PM and ask to be seated. You ARE allowed to request table size each night.

The small ships that have this option right now are: Sensation, Paradise, Elation, Fantasy. Ecstasy will have it by mid-October 2009. The rest will have it sometime in 2010.

For the past 17 years, I have always written to the cruiseline, including Carnival, about six months out from our cruise and requested a specific size table. I never call. I have yet to be turned down or be disappointed. In fact, this past February, I got two separate calls from Carnival representatives who had reviewed my letter request and were calling me to assure me that my request for a certain size table would be honored.

Write to customer relations at the cruise line. Don't talk to some low level cruise rep on the phone. They can't help you, aren't authorized to grant any requests, and you'll just end up frustrated. Go straight to the horse's mouth.

Anyone had much luck with their table requests? The wife and I are going to try to get a table for 2.

Most ships are adding more tables for 2 so there should be no problem. I stopped cruising CCl for 5 years because the Fantasy class ships did not have 2-tops untill recently. Have not had any problem with Spirit class or Splendor.

I just booked a cruise online directly through Carnival. I then called and talked to a reservation person and asked for a table for 6-8. She said she noted it on my reservation. Now, if we actually get it may be a different story.... She didn't say that we weren't able to request however.

Archived