For excursions - take suit or wear suit?

rg5

For excursions where you will need your bathing suit at some point, do you wear it with shorts over top or take it in a backpack and change? Want to be comfortable walking around. Just wondering:confused:

I live in California not far from the ocean and go for walks on the beach all the time. Most surfers change to their wetsuits by wraping a towel around their waist (mostly males but some females, too) and most are experts doing it.

Some places may not have changing facilities or there may be a fee. If you can master it without loosing the towel then go ahead and take in your backpack.

I usually wear mine under my clothing too, unless I am positive there will be good changing facilities. I've never really been uncomfortable, amazingly, because I am a person who cannot stand to wear tight or constricting clothes.

It's simpler, too, rather than going through all the dragging on and off clothing, wet suits, etc.

I def wear mine underneath my clothes. I wear a bikini so it's just like wearing a bra and panties, for the most part. If I wore a one-piece, I'm not so sure. I have to go the bathroom a lot and taking that thing down might be a hassle.

Always wear my swimsuit. Usually under a sundress but sometimes under a pair of short and top. I've always found it it be comfortable. Changing rooms aren't always available and often when they are there are few with many waiting to use them.

I always take mine along since I do not like to wear it under my clothes. Being of the male persuasion my suit is not that big and easy to put on and take off. The female side have a large suit (most of the time!) and it is harder to change.

I also wear mine. I have a few cover ups that I change around to wear in town. I also wear a bikini, but since DD was born I am conscious of my belly (she is 5 months) so I bought a tankini because I hate the idea of trying to pull down my entire suit just to use the bathroom. The tankini works great. I usually take undergarments with me in my backpack and if there is a facility to change at the beach then I usually change after the beach as I hate walking around in a wet suit.

Archived