Taxi fare from Barcelona down town to cruise terminal

quanmama

I am sure people have asked this questions more than once. I tried searching but did not seem to find the answer I needed. We are planning to stay at the Acta Atrium Palace hotel pre-cruise which is pretty close to Las Ramblas. We will definitely take a taxi from there to the cruise terminal. There will be 3 of us with three 29" suitcases. I like to know approximately how much it will cost us? I assume 25-30 Euros should do it?

In addition to that, I think coming from airport to the hotel would cost us about 30-35 Euros?

Thank you in advance!!

--Rebecca

I am sure people have asked this questions more than once. I tried searching but did not seem to find the answer I needed. We are planning to stay at the Acta Atrium Palace hotel pre-cruise which is pretty close to Las Ramblas. We will definitely take a taxi from there to the cruise terminal. There will be 3 of us with three 29" suitcases. I like to know approximately how much it will cost us? I assume 25-30 Euros should do it?

In addition to that, I think coming from airport to the hotel would cost us about 30-35 Euros?

Thank you in advance!!

--Rebecca

For us last summer:

Port - Las Ramblas ~ 30-34 Euros, it was different for the 3 cars due to surcharge for passengers and our luggage.

Las Ramblas to Airport ~ 35.

Enjoy Barcelona

For us last summer:

Port - Las Ramblas ~ 30-34 Euros, it was different for the 3 cars due to surcharge for passengers and our luggage.

Las Ramblas to Airport ~ 35.

Enjoy Barcelona

Thanks Chipmaster! I thought it would cost less to go from Las Ramblas to airport.

Four weeks ago we took three cabs to transport 11 people with two weeks worth of luggage and two wheelchairs. The cost was different for each cab because the amount of luggage varied, but the range was 15 - 20 Euro. We went from the pier to a hotel on Passeig de Colom (facing the waterfront) about four blocks east of the Monument a Colom at the foot of La Rambla.

• 6 years later...
Where is best place to exchange US dollars for Euros? On cruise ship? In Barcelona? At the port? At our local bank before we leave? Going mid April? How has the euro value been lately?

Rate is currently $1.14 = 1 Euro.

Do not exchange on ship. Horrible rate.

We have Wells Fargo checking account so pre-order some through them to have some at beginning of trip even though the rate isn't as good and there's a fee. Then we'll use ATMs in Barcelona with bankcard if more are needed.

Where is best place to exchange US dollars for Euros? On cruise ship? In Barcelona? At the port? At our local bank before we leave? Going mid April? How has the euro value been lately?

At an ATM, the € is around $1.10 right now.

Rate is currently $1.14 = 1 Euro.

Do not exchange on ship. Horrible rate.

We have Wells Fargo checking account so pre-order some through them to have some at beginning of trip even though the rate isn't as good and there's a fee. Then we'll use ATMs in Barcelona with bankcard if more are needed.

Actually your right, it has dropped a tad since I last checked.

To the OP for future reference, just Google "EUD to USD".

Four weeks ago we took three cabs to transport 11 people with two weeks worth of luggage and two wheelchairs. The cost was different for each cab because the amount of luggage varied, but the range was 15 - 20 Euro. We went from the pier to a hotel on Passeig de Colom (facing the waterfront) about four blocks east of the Monument a Colom at the foot of La Rambla.

That's what I had remembered, the previous quotes sounded high from the hotel but it has been a couple of years since we have been there.

Thank you in advance!!

--Rebecca

We paid around 20 Euros from near Playa Catalunya to the Moll Adossat cruise terminal area.

Does anyone know if there is a Cirrus or Maestro ABM in the airport? Looked online and most of them seem to be in banks. We will be taking the Aerobus to the Ramblas and figure they will probably want cash.

• 1 month later...
Here is the taxi info:

http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832...e-da5f8dd6dc7b

Using Clarea's link I estimated that it might be about 11€ from the port to La Sagrada Familia. Does this sound about right to anybody? There will be three of us.

Gracias, Steve

Steve

It is hard to tell how much extra we were paying for the suitcases and I think that there was an extra charge to take into account that we were leaving from the port (possibly a weekend charge too??). However we did three journeys in Barcelona last month, to and from the port/hotel and train station - I think you may pay a tad more - but not more than 20 euro for the three of you. The taxis have meters so you can keep your eye on it.

My husband actually thought we were taken on the scenic route from Sants Train station to our hotel. It may just have been because of the one way system. I was not really concentrating but it did seem to take longer than I expected. It was still under 20 euro though.

Thank you, Ollie. It is good to get a working idea.

Our cruise was originally scheduled to leave Barcelona and stop in Gibraltar, but it got re-routed so we cannot stop and thank you personally.

Loved the tale of your taxi "ride". We got one of those in 2005 from Madrid airport. The driver took us down every byway and dead-end and we got the best guided tour you can imagine. He was surprised (& chagrined) when we gave him a 10€ tip.

Thanx again, Steve, Pete, & Bea

I can see the rome2rio being very useful. Thanks for sharing.

We're staying one night in Frontair Congress so have free airport shuttle. The port shuttle is 10 EUR each and there are four of us. The taxi using the Rome2Rio prices a taxi at 18-19 eur but I'm presuming that's the case rate without luggage. It still seems like it would be cheaper than the 40 EUR for the shuttle and more comfortable. I'm not sure how all extras for taxis work, any ideas?

Kind of shocked to read some of the posts and prices. We routinely walk between the cruise port the Ramblas (about a 30 min fast walk). It is less than 2 miles and no more then 3 miles to most of the popular hotel areas! Barcelona taxis have meters, which they are required to use and it does not cost 30€ to go 2-3 miles in a taxi! Over the years we have found a fair number of Barcelona taxi drivers are not totally honest (what a shock for a world traveler)...and they become more dishonest if they are dealing with cruise ship passengers (whom they assume are rich and naive). The drivers can do several things to increase the fare...even when they use their meter. One trick is that they do not reset the meter from the prior fare. They also have a supplement button they can push to add Euros to the fare for special items such as extra luggage. But if they punch that budget 5 or 6 times (when there is no luggage) most cruisers are not aware! And they also have a button that switches to different pricing modes as they have a higher fare structure at night and holidays. So always be aware...and smart!

And by the way, the easiest way (and usually the best rates) to get Euros is to simply use an ATM! Of course that assumes your bank doesn't charge you extra fees (if so, change to a bank or credit union that charges no fees). Just make sure to notify your ATM issuing bank, before you leave on your trip, of your itinerary and intent to use your card in Europe...and know your 4 digit PIN in numbers. If you have a 6 digit PIN....just pray it works and have other cash just in case :).

Hank