Question on "S" class "hump" balconies

jimmy2x

Reading many of the threads on these balconies give me the impression that the largest are 2105 and 2109 (along with there equivalents on the starboard side). Is that accurate?

We are looking to book either the Eclipse or the Equinox for the Caribbean in 2016.

I appreciate the help.

Reading many of the threads on these balconies give me the impression that the largest are 2105 and 2109 (along with there equivalents on the starboard side). Is that accurate?

We are looking to book either the Eclipse or the Equinox for the Caribbean in 2016.

I appreciate the help.

Great cabins but you normally have to book early. The word is definitely out!

I appreciate the help.

We've cruised in 2111 and in 2106 on S-class ships...

2111 (and 2107, 2112, 2108) is oversized, but not as large as the ones next to them...

2106 (along with 2105, 2110 and 2109) are quite a bit larger than that...

Of those, 2106 and 2105 are in the premier positions, being the furthest out to the edge--so the view from the corner of the balcony is all the way forward AND aft...

Of those two, we prefer 2106 for one very good reason: The smoking area is on the port side of the ship, right next to 2105. Though we've never noticed a problem from smoke wafting into the balcony or room, I did have the problem, when with a cabin on the port side, of forgetting from time to time and found myself exiting the room, turning left and walking right out into the gauntlet of smoke...Never had this issue when in 2106...

Click on thumbnails below to see photos of balcony on #2106 Silhouette...

1834649607_Adriatic2013275(640x480).jpg.78219df6aa33a7edceaaa4b8e9bead54.jpg

1727590327_Adriatic2013271(640x480).jpg.77748052e67483eb514800f2008ae535.jpg

On any floor, in any category, on any S ship, the first and third balconies off the hump will be the largest.

This rule applies to both "the hump" found mid-ship (angled on two ends) as well as "the bump" found towards the front of the ship (angled at one end).

The angled balconies are just bigger by nature being Trapezoids vs Rectangles.

And the word is most definitely out...

Oversized Balconies (on all Celebrity Ships) we have found are amongst the first to book.

The good news is, it is our experience if you book early you get to pick up one of these great cabins... And then sit back and watch the price increases !!

We had 1120 (Sky Deck - a C1 cabin and first off "the hump") on The Solstice back in 2012 and was truly fabulous... Unique position meant it was at the widest "point" on the ship, and at the rail we could see fully both fore & after. Would book again without question.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... If you are looking at all at the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky... Be aware that cabin numbers can be ship specific... As the later S-Class Ships are a tad longer and changed the configuration of some Suites. But that said cabins that are physically in the same locations (ie first off the hump) should have the same attributes.

And yes if you have any concerns about public smoking areas... Go Starboard over Port.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add the PS

We have 2105 on the Solstice for a 17 day cruise in October from Hawaii to Sydney. You are right about the price. The price for our category if you choose your cabin has gone up over $3,000 from what we paid. We booked well in advance.

Very excited about having such a large balcony and being after to see forward and aft because of the shape.

Thank you all for the sound advice. I HAVE tried to do as much research as possible, especially using the "sticky" at the top and it is very helpful. Comments from those folks that have actually been in those cabins are worth their weight in gold.:)

Yes, the hump cabins are wonderful and do go very quickly once a new cruise is announced. It always surprises me that some say they look like horse stalls and are too dark and long. I guess it just depends on the individual as I've stayed in hump cabins on Celebrity since my first Celebrity cruise except when I chose to save quite a bit of money; I will NEVER do that again. Also, I prefer deck ten to deck 9 any day of the week, along with not having the wind blow through like a tunnel if too far front.:cool:

Edited by Lastdance

Yes, the hump cabins are wonderful and do go very quickly once a new cruise is announced. It always surprises me that some say they look like horse stalls and are too dark and long. I guess it just depends on the individual as I've stayed in hump cabins on Celebrity since my first Celebrity cruise except when I chose to save quite a bit of money; I will NEVER do that again. Also, I prefer deck ten to deck 9 any day of the week, along with not having the wind blow through like a tunnel if too far front.:cool:

Lol "horse stall" first time I've heard them called that...

We loved our Oversized Angled Hump Balcony on the point

If people think these are closed in they should see the C1s Aft Sunsets on M-Class Ships... Now those truly are tunnels... But we love em, a mix of sun & shade and the BONUS of extra furniture (at least was so when we were on The Summit in 2013... We had the nice chairs & footstools that come with Concierge, but also a full size Dining Table with 4 Chairs...it was MARVELLOUS )

Cheers!

How about the ones after the humps on other decks....we have 6142 on reflection

Cabin 6142 on The Reflection is on the straightaway at the front of the ship on "the bump". It is a 2B cabin on the starboard side that has a drop down Berth so it can accommodate 3 Pax. It is fairly convenient as it is not far fom the Fore Elevators.

This cabin location has the same number across the S-Class line (Solstice - Equinox - Eclipse - Silhouette - and Reflection) so I suggest you take a look at the S-Ship Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of the forum for more specific info on those who sailed in her have encountered.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We had the hump balcony on deck 6 Port side on the Equinox. Just above the smoking area. We did not experience any smoke issues at all. It was a fabulous location.

Edited by Pushka
z

We have 2105 on the Solstice for a 17 day cruise in October from Hawaii to Sydney. You are right about the price. The price for our category if you choose your cabin has gone up over $3,000 from what we paid. We booked well in advance.

Very excited about having such a large balcony and being after to see forward and aft because of the shape.

Hi Theodorable!

We are on the same cruise, and have the first cabin on the rear of the hump on Deck 10 (#1243). We originally had the 3rd cabin which was still great but had my eye on this one and it became available just after finals were due so we grabbed it!! And yes on this cruise prices have skyrocketed since we first booked...think we can afford our next cruise in the savings compared to current pricings!! See you on board, we can't wait for this cruise, and our week in Hawaii prior!!

Cheers Matt

Edited by QE2_Fan
typo

This rule applies to both "the hump" found mid-ship (angled on two ends) as well as "the bump" found towards the front of the ship (angled at one end).

The angled balconies are just bigger by nature being Trapezoids vs Rectangles.

And the word is most definitely out...

Oversized Balconies (on all Celebrity Ships) we have found are amongst the first to book.

The good news is, it is our experience if you book early you get to pick up one of these great cabins... And then sit back and watch the price increases !!

We had 1120 (Sky Deck - a C1 cabin and first off "the hump") on The Solstice back in 2012 and was truly fabulous... Unique position meant it was at the widest "point" on the ship, and at the rail we could see fully both fore & after. Would book again without question.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... If you are looking at all at the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky... Be aware that cabin numbers can be ship specific... As the later S-Class Ships are a tad longer and changed the configuration of some Suites. But that said cabins that are physically in the same locations (ie first off the hump) should have the same attributes.

And yes if you have any concerns about public smoking areas... Go Starboard over Port.

How would you rate 7258 on the Silhoutte?

We've cruised in 2111 and in 2106 on S-class ships...

2111 (and 2107, 2112, 2108) is oversized, but not as large as the ones next to them...

2106 (along with 2105, 2110 and 2109) are quite a bit larger than that...

Of those, 2106 and 2105 are in the premier positions, being the furthest out to the edge--so the view from the corner of the balcony is all the way forward AND aft...

Of those two, we prefer 2106 for one very good reason: The smoking area is on the port side of the ship, right next to 2105. Though we've never noticed a problem from smoke wafting into the balcony or room, I did have the problem, when with a cabin on the port side, of forgetting from time to time and found myself exiting the room, turning left and walking right out into the gauntlet of smoke...Never had this issue when in 2106...

Click on thumbnails below to see photos of balcony on #2106 Silhouette...

Thank you for sharing! We have this cabin for a med cruise in 2015!!!

Has anyone sailed in 7206 or 7159 on the Silhouette? We are currently booked in 7206 next February. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the cabins and balconies?

Those cabins are identical, except 7206 has the bed by the balcony and 7159 has it by the bath. The balcony is 2x larger than a normal balcony.

How would you rate 7258 on the Silhoutte?

7258 on The Silhouette is a 1A Cabin... Starboard side, Midship on the Angle foward of "the hump". It has an oversized balcony (trapezoid vs rectangle) but 4th off the hump it is not one of the lager ones (1st & 3rd).

The Deck plan identifies it as a Stateroom for 2 without a convertible sofa (no Square on the deck plan) which means the bed will be by the Balcony.

From your cabin you'll be able to see out, fore to front of the ship, and aft as far as the hump itself (no views to the aft cause the hump is in the way)

For more specific info about this cabin, I suggest you take a look at the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky at the top of ths Forum (see my note above in another reply regarding Cabins and their specific numbers)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB