Favorite Part of your Cruise?

jormot

we all have different interests, physical abilities and budgets. ie people will say heli dog sledding or bear viewing is a must-do, but neither interest me or are within my budget so that response doesn't help.

Look over the ships excursion list and see what appeals to YOU. When you narrow down your options, post again and ask for feedback on your choices, or ask for independent vendors to replicate the activity. Also, have a look at the trip reports (STICKY above) ... they're first hand experiences so a great resource. There are many photojournals that will help bring the trip to life with photos of the ship, dining, excursions, hotels, etc

We've been on two Alaska cruises and for us, hands down, Glacier Bay was the best part! It was a year ago this weekend that we went on the NCL Pearl to Alaska. Oh, how I miss it. I've attached a few photos of Glacier Bay. We had spectacular weather! Such a beautiful place!

We plan to go again in May 2017 on NCL with an itinerary to again include Glacier Bay. Enjoy the photos!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I almost always do a B2B and for me the best part is the middle days. I love the scenery from Skagway North and then back. In 5 days I get Glacier Bay 2X, College Fjord, the beautiful sailaway from Whitter and across the Gulf and Hubbard Glacier. Doesn't get much better than that.

I greatly enjoy the scenic sailing. Unlike most any other sailing area which is just a lot of "water". It's a thrill, catching some interesting wildlife, other boats etc.

I am also always in the air- really shows the expanse of Alaska. I start my Alaska "season" tomorrow, with 4 cruises. Will be sailing Glacier Bay 4 times, Tracy Arm twice, College fjords and Hubbard each once.

My favorite thus far is whale watching out of Juneau. Hubbard Glacier is a close second. I have not yet sailed Glacier Bay, a deficiency I will remedy this summer.

Whatever you choose, enjoy this most magnificent part of God's creation.

Vicki

I was in Glacier Bay last week. It brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful -- and I'm not one to cry. Basically, that part of Alaska has ruined me for anything in the lower 48. And I've seen some awesome views in the lower 48.

So Glacier Bay is my #1, and it's "complimentary" if you purchase the right itinerary.

Having just returned.... count me as another vote for Glacier Bay. I did a helicopter landing on Hubbard Glacier, and a seaplane flightseeing over Misty Fjords. I did the White Pass Railway up into the Yukon. Two whale watching trips.

Nothing compared to being on a smooth-as-glass waterway, surrounded by beautiful silence and awe-inspiring scenery.

The first eagle we saw was quite a moment...had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. It was such a gift! After that, the Misty Fjords tour by float plane and Glacier Bay scenic cruising were both humbling and awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh!!, Brett Nixon was our naturist. I will check his schedule to see what ships he's on. His talks were amazing!

Good morning...right now he and his wife are on Celebrity Solstice:)

My favorite was sitting on our balcony with a cup of coffee or later in the day a glass of wine, as we pulled into the ports or left them. The scenery was just amazing. Glacier Bay was spectacular also.

Having just returned.... count me as another vote for Glacier Bay. I did a helicopter landing on Hubbard Glacier, and a seaplane flightseeing over Misty Fjords. I did the White Pass Railway up into the Yukon.

Herbert Glacier? Did you fly out of Juneau? Being the Lake Bennett train didn't start until May 26, you didn't get into the Yukon with the train.

Herbert Glacier? Did you fly out of Juneau? Being the Lake Bennett train didn't start until May 26, you didn't get into the Yukon with the train.

Yep, Herbert. I knew Hubbard didn't sound right... And no, the train did not go all the way into the Yukon, the bus after the train did. Since this wasn't an excursion thread, I wasn't too concerned with getting the details perfect.

Now, that is a tough decision to make, something like "who's your favorite child?" Coffee on the balcony was so relaxing, Glacier Bay and College Fjord were magnificent, the wildlife was exciting, but our favorite was the heli/dog sledding with an additional glacier landing. The solitude of the glacier, seemingly away from any part of civilization, the grandeur of the mountains was all inspiring. I'm ready to go back.

We are a budget minded family and we had a great time playing on the beach under the falls at Mendenhall glacier. My kids played on the rocks n the rocks and added to the stone fort started by another family. We rented a car so had a ton of flexibility. It was an amazing day.